• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Self Protection devices? Recommendations?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Protection devices? Recommendations?

During the week, I'm out alone exercising my three dogs. Although I'm fortuante enough to have access to some very big parks....most are isolated during the day and I would just feel better having something with me. Yeah, I know I have three dogs....but you never know if three dogs is going to fully deter someone...and they aren't the most vicious dogs in the world.

Suggestions? I was thinking taser..but I havent' a clue as to which one.

You'd have to learn to use whatever you got, though, or else you're as much a danger to yourself as to the person you're warding off. It could just be because I'm English, and we typically don't walk around with a gun/taser/mace, but the thought of arming myself to walk my dogs seems very odd to me.

Why not look into some good self defence classes in your area and ask what they would recommend?
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Comment

• Original Poster

I appreciate the post..and yes, while I have thought about the negatives.....I am curious to know if anyone has any recommendations. I think it would be smart to have something...godforbid, just incase.

I don't think it's odd at all.

Comment

You don't want to use anything that will just make an attacker mad (or madder). After you use a taser what are you going to do with the attacker, or will you run?

Smith and Wesson is your best friend (ok so now we all have glocks). Go get gun training. You don't have to carry a 45, you can get a tiny 22 that is small enough to fit in a cigarette pack, and has 8 bullets in it.

Usually dogs are a great deterrent. But a gun makes you look self assured(you project the imagine with a hidden gun) and makes you appear like you are not to be bothered. I think muggers can smell fear just like animals can.

Learn to use a gun. Carry it with you. Don't pull it out unless a mugger gets very close to you, then shoot through whatever you have it enclosed in (pocket, purse, etc) and shoot low, in the abdomen area.

To avoid being a victim, you must be vigilant and aware of your surroundings, and must exude an aura of self-assurance. Our Atlanta muggers/rapists/robbers chose distracted people, some of them at Lenox Square at noon! And remember, the white guy is as dangerous as those of other races. Too many people forget there are more Ted Bundys out there.

(I got mugged a lot in broad daylight in St Louis, never mugged in NYC or Calif or Atlanta.)

Comment

.38 Special and a concealed carry permit.
          Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by bird4416 View Post
            .38 Special and a concealed carry permit.
            ROFL..you guys, my farrier would love you.

Something to definitley chew on......Cloudy, I can say that I am definitely always aware of my surroundings.

Comment

Originally posted by dalpal View Post
              ROFL..you guys, my farrier would love you.

Something to definitley chew on......Cloudy, I can say that I am definitely always aware of my surroundings.
              I spent over 20 yrs with rape victims, robbery victims, etc. The predators are roaming cities and countryside, and watching for people who don't look self-assured.

Dogs are a real deterrent, predators will pass you up for another person if you have a dog. But if the predator really wants you, best to have the gun stashed in your pocket to protect both you and the dog. Don't ever pull out a gun to threaten, only put it out to shoot.

Comment

Ditto on the others. A handgun and a concealed permit.

Most importantly, once you have a handgun be sure you actually know how to use it. It does you no favors if you aren't comfortable and familiar with it. Take it to the shooting range and practice as often as you can. Generally, the folks at most ranges (both customers and staff) are extremely willing to help you and share their knowledge. Many ranges also have rental firearms you can rent for a session to try out, which is a great way to decide what feels best to you.

Personally, when it comes to handguns, I prefer Glocks. I'm putting away for a nice Glock 19 pistol which I fell in love with, which will be the one I get my concealed for within the next year. And at home, I keep a Mossberg 20ga shotgun for home defense.

But again, make sure if that's the route you go that you get well educated on it. Gun safety classes are a great resource and are available all over (often for free, depending on who is putting them on.)
                The Western Adventures of Loki, a Florida Swampdog in Los Angeles

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by dixiedolphin View Post
                  Ditto on the others. A handgun and a concealed permit.

Most importantly, once you have a handgun be sure you actually know how to use it. It does you no favors if you aren't comfortable and familiar with it. Take it to the shooting range and practice as often as you can. Generally, the folks at most ranges (both customers and staff) are extremely willing to help you and share their knowledge. Many ranges also have rental firearms you can rent for a session to try out, which is a great way to decide what feels best to you.

Personally, when it comes to handguns, I prefer Glocks. I'm putting away for a nice Glock 19 pistol which I fell in love with, which will be the one I get my concealed for within the next year. And at home, I keep a Mossberg 20ga shotgun for home defense.

But again, make sure if that's the route you go that you get well educated on it. Gun safety classes are a great resource and are available all over (often for free, depending on who is putting them on.)

I'll chat with the "gun expert" farrier next visit and get some gun/permit advice.

Comment

This link may help you locate a firing range.

http://wheretoshoot.org/Find_Range/index.asp

The site itself is pretty nice, has lots of information on firearms, safety, training, etc. Folks at ranges will also help you select the right firearm, and often offer safety courses.

I prefer the .45 but many females seem to like the 9mm. Another option that may work for you is a simple revolver. Very simple to operate and clean. You can't go wrong with a .38.

Good luck and remember to practice - practice makes perfect (but I hope you never need to use it in self defense).
                    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
                    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
                    -Rudyard Kipling

Comment

CC, great posts. I don't know how to use a firearm and obviously don't carry a gun... but what you said makes perfect sense.

Dalpal, I think it is definitely smart to consider your personal safety when you are out alone. Even with the dogs....
                      We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Comment

As a firearms instructor I'd suggest working on self defense tactical training first, it takes literally years to be proficient with a small pistol and a certain level of experience and comfort to be able to use on in self defense. Not to mention the legal ramifications of using one in self defense off of your own property and especially in a public park.
                        If the attacker isn't actually attacking badly enough to leave you marked and/or doesn;t have a weapon on them also you could be screwed.
                        Classes like STSD training are effective after a few short classes, do not require tons of practice and do not require the woman to have superhuman strength, a black belt or even a weapon on hand to be able to disable an attacker long enough to escape.
                        (BTW, if anyone has ever been 'tazed' they'd know an attacker does not hop right back up and come after you. Nerves fire wonky for some time afterwards. It disables more than long enough for a person to leave the scene...of course after snapping a cell phone photo of the asshat for id purposes)

Here's some quick advice for now:
                        Carry a camera cell phone with you all the time, in an easy to reach spot. Do NOT chat on it, pay attention to your surroundings at all times. If someone acts wonky or overly suspicious, snap a photo and send it immediately somewhere and make eye contact with a polite smile, then keep walking. Let them see you send that photo. Attackers don't like photo evidence around, they'll pick a new victim.

Always pay attention to your surroundings and know your area, where populated areas arem where cars are, where roads are, etc. Know your excape routes all the time. Walk with your head up, confident stride and look around and greet people with a polite but offhand type smile. make eye contact, most attackers rely not only on timid victims but also on the fact that many victims cannot positively identify them due to never looking right at them.

Teach your dogs a cute trick: it's relatively easy to teach dogs to "smile"...which looks like a snarl. Also to speak, barking dogs deter more people. If you have any quick learners, a "keep 'em" command works well, dog trained to bark like crazy at anyone you tell them to bark at, and to only stop barking if they stand still or walk away.

For personal defense a few simple moves are:
                        1) Bark at people, I'm not kidding. Crazy people tend to make many attackers back off. Some entirely but most will back off just long enough for you to be ready to defend yourself better...so you're not surprised when they get over the shock of you barking at them and come back at you again.
                        2) three gruesome facts to remember: it only takes 5 lbs of pressure to remove a human ear and only 7-8 lbs of pressure to remove a human nose and only 3 lbs of pressure to remove their bottom lip. And any of these moves will stop the vast majority of all attackers. Ear: grab lobe close to head in a fist, making sure to tighten your fist and dig your fingernails in...end with a hard and fast jerk straight up and try to jerk your hand at least a few inches above their head. Always aim for a spot well beyond your target reach so you use full force. The ear will come off, or at least most of it will.
                        Nose: Middle and pointer finger jammed up each nostril with hand facing towards you, at same time curl hand into fist and dig in fingernails and jerk fast and hard straight up.
                        Bottom lip: easiest target of the three and works on people much taller than you. Reach out and grab bottom lip with thumb curled under on the outside of the mouth/lip and other fingers curled inside lip between lip and teeth, grip like hell digging in nails and yank down hard as if you're trying to spike a football. The lip rips at corners and dangles under chin.
                        These three moves are for people actively trying to grab you or who have already grabbed you. All are effective and only require a small amount of strength. Children can do these effectively.
                        3) If the person is wearing a running suit or sweat pants or just baggy pants, reach for the testicles and grab in a tight fist, twisting and yanking down with full strength. This causes not only excrutiating pain but most men have an instant vomit reaction. A person vomitting cannot attack.
                        4) If someone has grabbed you and is holding on tight, you only need to pry one finger off...the pointer finger. Do not try to pry the entire hand off, grab the pointed finger with your hand and with a fast very hard movement bend it back towards the back of his hand and hold it there...there's a nerve in there that will be pinched if you bend it fast and hard enough that causes knees to buckle and also a vomit response. And you can control one finger, but most likely not the entire hand so go for the one finger.
                        5) a double punch to the face and head area...left hand used open hand palm forward to swipe hard and fast aiming at the upper lip (this usually results in a hit square to the base of the nose, if you aim right for the nose the head jerk the attacker uses to avoid the hit without thinking causes you to hit the bridge of the nose) and at the same time a tight fist with your right following aiming towards the adam's apple area of his throat.
                        6) Fall on the ground. If they can grab you become totally limp and slither to the ground. Or if they havent grabbed yoou but try then fall to the ground on your hip. Staying on your side keep your feet between him and you. While he'll probably be much stronger in arm muscles than you are, I can guarantee you that your legs are stronger than he is. Kick like a demented mule. Aim for the sides of the knees, groin and if you're wearing hard soled shoes aim for the shin bone with your heel. And scream like a banshee...swearing. People like to come swarming to where they think there's a fight.

There are other moves easily executed by anyone of any size, these can be taught with STSD (shock tactic self defense).
                        You jump in the saddle,
                        Hold onto the bridle!
                        Jump in the line!
                        ...Belefonte

Comment

What about pepper spray? Heck I hike the Appalachian Trail, miles from anywhere, and most hikers carry nothing at all. They laugh at us that carry bear spray which is nothing but pepper spray. Pepper spray is non lethal and does not require training or expertise to use. You can get little ones the size of cigarette lighters that spray a good distance...and it will mess up someone's day with a hit to their face.

I agree that learning some basic self defense is a good idea also. Carry a cell phone and be willing/able to call 911 for help if you feel threatened. Taking a photo is a great idea also.

I would urge strong caution with firearms and packing one. I am trained in their use also and they are just not for everyone..and they come with great responsibility to know when to use them and to do so safely for people around you. One thing you have to remember if you point a gun at someone, you have to be willing to pull the trigger and kill them if they call your bluff. If you do that, you damn well better be able to justify it to the police as self defense. It's not as clear a line as you think when there is a dead body.

Comment

OP - what state do you live in? Self-defense and concealed carry laws vary widely by state. Carrying a handgun for self-defense is not legal in some states, and in others permits simply aren't issued unless you are wealthy or have made a sizeable contribution to the right elected official. In other states anyone with a clean criminal record can get a permit.

Personally I don't care for tasers as you have to get close to attacker for it to work. Also, it has to touch skin, and with the cold weather coming in everyone is bundled up in layers of clothing.

Pepper spray / OC / mace is better and can be easily purchased. I'd recommend Fox Labs brand as it's what many police departments use.

Comment

Wow, MistyBlue, those personal defense moves are something else. Had not heard of them but committing to memory. I've got a concealed permit but don't "carry" a lot, especially out of the car. Still need to take some of the
                              self defense lessons as bad guys don't stand still like a target giving you lots of time to take aim.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by gieriscm View Post
                                OP - what state do you live in? Self-defense and concealed carry laws vary widely by state. Carrying a handgun for self-defense is not legal in some states, and in others permits simply aren't issued unless you are wealthy or have made a sizeable contribution to the right elected official. In other states anyone with a clean criminal record can get a permit.

Personally I don't care for tasers as you have to get close to attacker for it to work. Also, it has to touch skin, and with the cold weather coming in everyone is bundled up in layers of clothing.

Pepper spray / OC / mace is better and can be easily purchased. I'd recommend Fox Labs brand as it's what many police departments use.
                                Thanks!

I know my farrier has a concealed weapon permit..which is why I would chat with him first. Just chewing on all the ideas thrown out.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Daydream Believer View Post
                                  What about pepper spray? Heck I hike the Appalachian Trail, miles from anywhere, and most hikers carry nothing at all. They laugh at us that carry bear spray which is nothing but pepper spray. Pepper spray is non lethal and does not require training or expertise to use. You can get little ones the size of cigarette lighters that spray a good distance...and it will mess up someone's day with a hit to their face.

I agree that learning some basic self defense is a good idea also. Carry a cell phone and be willing/able to call 911 for help if you feel threatened. Taking a photo is a great idea also.

I would urge strong caution with firearms and packing one. I am trained in their use also and they are just not for everyone..and they come with great responsibility to know when to use them and to do so safely for people around you. One thing you have to remember if you point a gun at someone, you have to be willing to pull the trigger and kill them if they call your bluff. If you do that, you damn well better be able to justify it to the police as self defense. It's not as clear a line as you think when there is a dead body.
                                  Do you remember the story about the girl in GA, hiking in the mountains....they found her dog alive, but she wasn't??? I just think in this day and age, it's better to be safe than sorry. I was thinking taser...but it sounds like a spray would be more effective than a taser.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by MistyBlue View Post
                                    As a firearms instructor I'd suggest working on self defense tactical training first, it takes literally years to be proficient with a small pistol and a certain level of experience and comfort to be able to use on in self defense. Not to mention the legal ramifications of using one in self defense off of your own property and especially in a public park.
                                    If the attacker isn't actually attacking badly enough to leave you marked and/or doesn;t have a weapon on them also you could be screwed.
                                    Classes like STSD training are effective after a few short classes, do not require tons of practice and do not require the woman to have superhuman strength, a black belt or even a weapon on hand to be able to disable an attacker long enough to escape.
                                    (BTW, if anyone has ever been 'tazed' they'd know an attacker does not hop right back up and come after you. Nerves fire wonky for some time afterwards. It disables more than long enough for a person to leave the scene...of course after snapping a cell phone photo of the asshat for id purposes)

Here's some quick advice for now:
                                    Carry a camera cell phone with you all the time, in an easy to reach spot. Do NOT chat on it, pay attention to your surroundings at all times. If someone acts wonky or overly suspicious, snap a photo and send it immediately somewhere and make eye contact with a polite smile, then keep walking. Let them see you send that photo. Attackers don't like photo evidence around, they'll pick a new victim.

Always pay attention to your surroundings and know your area, where populated areas arem where cars are, where roads are, etc. Know your excape routes all the time. Walk with your head up, confident stride and look around and greet people with a polite but offhand type smile. make eye contact, most attackers rely not only on timid victims but also on the fact that many victims cannot positively identify them due to never looking right at them.

Teach your dogs a cute trick: it's relatively easy to teach dogs to "smile"...which looks like a snarl. Also to speak, barking dogs deter more people. If you have any quick learners, a "keep 'em" command works well, dog trained to bark like crazy at anyone you tell them to bark at, and to only stop barking if they stand still or walk away.

For personal defense a few simple moves are:
                                    1) Bark at people, I'm not kidding. Crazy people tend to make many attackers back off. Some entirely but most will back off just long enough for you to be ready to defend yourself better...so you're not surprised when they get over the shock of you barking at them and come back at you again.
                                    2) three gruesome facts to remember: it only takes 5 lbs of pressure to remove a human ear and only 7-8 lbs of pressure to remove a human nose and only 3 lbs of pressure to remove their bottom lip. And any of these moves will stop the vast majority of all attackers. Ear: grab lobe close to head in a fist, making sure to tighten your fist and dig your fingernails in...end with a hard and fast jerk straight up and try to jerk your hand at least a few inches above their head. Always aim for a spot well beyond your target reach so you use full force. The ear will come off, or at least most of it will.
                                    Nose: Middle and pointer finger jammed up each nostril with hand facing towards you, at same time curl hand into fist and dig in fingernails and jerk fast and hard straight up.
                                    Bottom lip: easiest target of the three and works on people much taller than you. Reach out and grab bottom lip with thumb curled under on the outside of the mouth/lip and other fingers curled inside lip between lip and teeth, grip like hell digging in nails and yank down hard as if you're trying to spike a football. The lip rips at corners and dangles under chin.
                                    These three moves are for people actively trying to grab you or who have already grabbed you. All are effective and only require a small amount of strength. Children can do these effectively.
                                    3) If the person is wearing a running suit or sweat pants or just baggy pants, reach for the testicles and grab in a tight fist, twisting and yanking down with full strength. This causes not only excrutiating pain but most men have an instant vomit reaction. A person vomitting cannot attack.
                                    4) If someone has grabbed you and is holding on tight, you only need to pry one finger off...the pointer finger. Do not try to pry the entire hand off, grab the pointed finger with your hand and with a fast very hard movement bend it back towards the back of his hand and hold it there...there's a nerve in there that will be pinched if you bend it fast and hard enough that causes knees to buckle and also a vomit response. And you can control one finger, but most likely not the entire hand so go for the one finger.
                                    5) a double punch to the face and head area...left hand used open hand palm forward to swipe hard and fast aiming at the upper lip (this usually results in a hit square to the base of the nose, if you aim right for the nose the head jerk the attacker uses to avoid the hit without thinking causes you to hit the bridge of the nose) and at the same time a tight fist with your right following aiming towards the adam's apple area of his throat.
                                    6) Fall on the ground. If they can grab you become totally limp and slither to the ground. Or if they havent grabbed yoou but try then fall to the ground on your hip. Staying on your side keep your feet between him and you. While he'll probably be much stronger in arm muscles than you are, I can guarantee you that your legs are stronger than he is. Kick like a demented mule. Aim for the sides of the knees, groin and if you're wearing hard soled shoes aim for the shin bone with your heel. And scream like a banshee...swearing. People like to come swarming to where they think there's a fight.

There are other moves easily executed by anyone of any size, these can be taught with STSD (shock tactic self defense).

I need to print this out...good info.

Actually my dalmatian does smile.....My dal/pointer mix would defintiely growl at someone she felt threatened by, not sure about the other two...but she's pretty damn loyal to me.

I am always alert in my surroundings...I can pick up a strange color or movement many, many yards ahead.

Now learning how to remove body parts....that was new info..thank you.

Comment

MistyBlue
                                      Excellent advice!

So how do we safely practice these maneuvers?

Can I ask for volunteers? LOL
                                      Last edited by DebbieB; Dec. 2, 2009, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gieriscm View Post
                                        Self-defense and concealed carry laws vary widely by state.
                                        Yes, but the magic words are generally, "Officer, I was afraid for my life." No matter what the question that is the answer and do not deviate.

Comment

Working...
                                        X