• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

PSA on raw milk warnings:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bluey View Post
    A balance of production methods.
    The USDA has many programs for starting farmers, all sizes.
    Don't take my word for it, I have told you this before, go check it out yourself.
    I know, I am part of our local office and get their regular releases all the time.
    Our taxes at work, insulting to call what they do "corporate welfare".
    bluey, I have no problem with a balanced method of food production..read my last post. I said that very thing to Starrunner. I do think however that your model of industrial agriculture is going to price itself out of existence at some point in the future when the inputs and methods become too costly...ie the rising costs of petroleum used so extensively in this model. People will still need to eat so someone had better be thinking of options.

    I also don't get the hang up on organic from several of you. I'm NOT organic and not one farmer I know around here is either. I try to grow my veggies that way but my animals eat locally milled and grown conventional animal feeds. My cattle are probably closer to organic as they eat only grass and hay and I don't spray my pastures...but I'm not advertising them as such. Consumers are pretty informed these days about the fallacy of the organic label and most are concerned about where their food, meat, eggs, and veggies comes from and how it was handled and raised. The use of antibiotics and hormones is a big concern to many also and they often seek out farmers who do not use these inputs in raising their animals. I'm not debating this but simply stating fact.

    Come and visit me and go with me to the market in the summer here...or attend them in your area. LISTEN to what the people are asking the farmers there...and these people are generally well informed and engaged. I have clients ranging from young couples with small kids to retired older people and of all races and nationalities. I have one French guy who won't buy chicken from anyone else and many loyal egg customers. The only thing they have in common is their interest in locally sourced food.

    I did not coin the phrase "corporate welfare" but others did. I think it's somewhat fitting for how much of our taxpayer money is divvied out to keep prices of certain crops artificially low thus keeping the food made from it artificially low as well. I think it's an outrage the way our taxpayer money is handled in this country in more ways than this and I'm happy to insult those who waste it...so don't get your panties in a wad over my terminology. It's not intended to insult you so try not to get hung up over it.

    Comment

    • Original Poster

      Originally posted by Daydream Believer View Post
      bluey, I have no problem with a balanced method of food production..read my last post. I said that very thing to Starrunner. I do think however that your model of industrial agriculture is going to price itself out of existence at some point in the future when the inputs and methods become too costly...ie the rising costs of petroleum used so extensively in this model. People will still need to eat so someone had better be thinking of options.

      I also don't get the hang up on organic from several of you. I'm NOT organic and not one farmer I know around here is either. I try to grow my veggies that way but my animals eat locally milled and grown conventional animal feeds. My cattle are probably closer to organic as they eat only grass and hay and I don't spray my pastures...but I'm not advertising them as such. Consumers are pretty informed these days about the fallacy of the organic label and most are concerned about where their food, meat, eggs, and veggies comes from and how it was handled and raised. The use of antibiotics and hormones is a big concern to many also and they often seek out farmers who do not use these inputs in raising their animals. I'm not debating this but simply stating fact.

      Come and visit me and go with me to the market in the summer here...or attend them in your area. LISTEN to what the people are asking the farmers there...and these people are generally well informed and engaged. I have clients ranging from young couples with small kids to retired older people and of all races and nationalities. I have one French guy who won't buy chicken from anyone else and many loyal egg customers. The only thing they have in common is their interest in locally sourced food.

      I did not coin the phrase "corporate welfare" but others did. I think it's somewhat fitting for how much of our taxpayer money is divvied out to keep prices of certain crops artificially low thus keeping the food made from it artificially low as well. I think it's an outrage the way our taxpayer money is handled in this country in more ways than this and I'm happy to insult those who waste it...so don't get your panties in a wad over my terminology. It's not intended to insult you so try not to get hung up over it.
      When you don't know how some system works, here USDA programs, you really should not use certain words, even if it is other's words, in an insulting manner, because it just shows you don't know about it.

      Remember, trust your sources if you like, but verify before repeating what you hear.
      Sorry, what you repeated is just not so, check it out yourself at your local USDA office, go ask what programs they have, how each office gets to participate, their budgets, how individuals qualify for them and what their limits are.
      Then come back to say if that is "corporate welfare".

      Comment


      • Guilherme - every time this or a similar subject comes up you and a few others condescend and patronize the little women. If you've got a problem with the responses you get with your attitude, you're going to have to deal with it like a big boy.

        Since you do not live in this region, you have no way of knowing what the ag communities are doing to protect and expand their industries. I've touched upon some efforts that are in fact successful. Some efforts will not be successful for a variety of reasons. You want more information? Google it.

        You're a fool to think that the only possible method of food production is the one you personally endorse or are familiar with. On smaller acreages, and near urban centers, a farmer can often make a better living if he sells his products directly to the public. Their efforts are not intended to replace the existing system.

        What's the matter? Are you jealous that a farmer in another region might be a better businessman?


        Originally posted by Guilherme View Post
        Gee, us retired folk should just confine ourselves to our rocking chairs? How utterly generous of you.

        You stated that "But there is no reason a farmer near Washington DC is forced to sell his cattle at auction - when he could have it cut and packaged and eaten in Washington DC (emphasis provided) and keep the profit." I may be retired, but I can still read.

        You say you've made progress? How many local slaughter plants have you seen established (in D.C. or anywhere else)? That would be a practical measure of progress that even us small, sad folks could recognize.

        You commented on a vast flow of wealth out of your region. I asked you specifically about that. You didn't answer. Tell us about your progress in addressing this flow. Be specific, here.

        If you become specific and responsive you won't have to engage in ad hominem, hey? By the way, this is directed at the other anti-ageist zealots, too.

        Do you believe in evolution? If so then to understand what you have now you have to understand what went before. Few folks here are more interested in history than I am. I know what went before and how it lead to what we have now. The proposals to "re-create infrastructure" are attempts to turn back the clock. Sometimes that's a good idea, but sometimes it's not.

        And yes, as a "small farmer" I get a subsidy. In TN if you're "green belt" (agricultural or forest) you get about a 50% reduction in property taxes. I understand that this is common in many states. I don't know about VA, but I'd bet that there are benefits in the tax system for "farmers."

        And still no one has explained to me how you're going to feed 30-40 million people even with the "enhanced infrastructure." No one has explained you they're going to overcome meteorology, zoning rules, PETA, HSUS, breathless TV news coverage of how animals are slaughtered, the real estate industry, and the various Laws of Supply and Demand.

        If you build it they might come, but they might still all go to Walmart.

        That's the view from my sad, little world.

        G.
        Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
        Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
        -Rudyard Kipling

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Guilherme View Post
          Gee, us retired folk should just confine ourselves to our rocking chairs? How utterly generous of you.

          You stated that "But there is no reason a farmer near Washington DC is forced to sell his cattle at auction - when he could have it cut and packaged and eaten in Washington DC (emphasis provided) and keep the profit." I may be retired, but I can still read.

          You say you've made progress? How many local slaughter plants have you seen established (in D.C. or anywhere else)? That would be a practical measure of progress that even us small, sad folks could recognize.

          You commented on a vast flow of wealth out of your region. I asked you specifically about that. You didn't answer. Tell us about your progress in addressing this flow. Be specific, here.

          If you become specific and responsive you won't have to engage in ad hominem, hey? By the way, this is directed at the other anti-ageist zealots, too.

          Do you believe in evolution? If so then to understand what you have now you have to understand what went before. Few folks here are more interested in history than I am. I know what went before and how it lead to what we have now. The proposals to "re-create infrastructure" are attempts to turn back the clock. Sometimes that's a good idea, but sometimes it's not.

          And yes, as a "small farmer" I get a subsidy. In TN if you're "green belt" (agricultural or forest) you get about a 50% reduction in property taxes. I understand that this is common in many states. I don't know about VA, but I'd bet that there are benefits in the tax system for "farmers."

          And still no one has explained to me how you're going to feed 30-40 million people even with the "enhanced infrastructure." No one has explained you they're going to overcome meteorology, zoning rules, PETA, HSUS, breathless TV news coverage of how animals are slaughtered, the real estate industry, and the various Laws of Supply and Demand.

          If you build it they might come, but they might still all go to Walmart.

          That's the view from my sad, little world.

          G.
          Nobody said they were going to replace all of the existing corporate food system with local markets. If you weren't so busy arguing with yourself you would have noticed that. However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with people developing a local market system since there is a demand for it. The reason that small farms can't make it now is because there is no system in place for them anymore, even IF they could market their products effectively enough, which a lot of them don't know how to do. Corporate farming has swamped most everything now but that doesn't mean things can't or won't change.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bluey View Post
            When you don't know how some system works, here USDA programs, you really should not use certain words, even if it is other's words, in an insulting manner, because it just shows you don't know about it.

            Remember, trust your sources if you like, but verify before repeating what you hear.
            Sorry, what you repeated is just not so, check it out yourself at your local USDA office, go ask what programs they have, how each office gets to participate, their budgets, how individuals qualify for them and what their limits are.
            Then come back to say if that is "corporate welfare".
            I think you are way too worried about semantics. Get over it. I could care less what your opinion is on my word choice.

            Comment


            • Just for you bluey so you can see just where the term "corporate welfare" came from in regards to farm subsidies.

              http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...elfare-program

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_welfare

              http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...s-unacceptable

              Comment

              • Original Poster

                Originally posted by Daydream Believer View Post
                Just for you bluey so you can see just where the term "corporate welfare" came from in regards to farm subsidies.

                http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...elfare-program

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_welfare

                http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...s-unacceptable
                You are still not getting it.
                You say you are in the farming business and don't even know how your USDA offices operate, what programs they have, if and how they may work for you, if you qualify, you don't know anything about them.

                Then you go hunt some criticism of some parts of the farm bill and want to apply that to your local programs, to your USDA office where you farm and want to call them names, because someone, somewhere has a beef with how some of those programs in some circumstances, may or not be handled?

                Well, we have been thru this before, but you just won't learn, again.

                Each regional USDA office supervises local offices.
                Local offices have government employees working there and a board of directors made of several local farmers that are elected every year by other farmers in that district.
                Each regional and local office receives so much money for their budget and decides, following certain rules, how to apportion that money to the different programs that may fit their region or local farmers.

                Those same USDA offices have another government office, NRSC, the old Soil Conservation office, that are in the same USDA building, but staffed separately and with their own budget and programs.

                Farmers of all kinds can go see what programs in each office are offered in their local office for whatever farming practices they want to implement, or for any insurance or loan programs, many for beginner farmers.
                Yes, you mention a tilapia grower and there are programs that he will qualify for also, I have read the reports for those.

                I know it won't do any good to try to explain this to you, your mind already made up and confused with something you read that you now tie to your local USDA office and won't even go see if you are right.
                Ok, I don't mind repeating myself, someone else may be listening a bit better and go learn more.

                Comment


                • You didn't even read the articles did you? Seriously if you had, you would not have posted such a stupid totally off the topic answer. I'm not talking about little programs like that. I'm talking about big payouts to farmers who aren't even growing crops and the incredible cost of crop insurance...that's what the term means..

                  Read this if you wish to understand what I oppose and what I dislike:

                  http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...s-unacceptable


                  As for my piece of the governments money to farm, no thanks. I'll do this on my own. I don't want anyone's tax money going to pay for my business. I'm believe in personal responsibility and not taking handouts.

                  Comment

                  • Original Poster

                    Originally posted by Daydream Believer View Post
                    You didn't even read the articles did you? Seriously if you had, you would not have posted such a stupid totally off the topic answer. I'm not talking about little programs like that. I'm talking about big payouts to farmers who aren't even growing crops and the incredible cost of crop insurance...that's what the term means..

                    Read this if you wish to understand what I oppose and what I dislike:

                    http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...s-unacceptable


                    As for my piece of the governments money to farm, no thanks. I'll do this on my own. I don't want anyone's tax money going to pay for my business. I'm believe in personal responsibility and not taking handouts.
                    Yes, I did read that, so what they don't know but half of what those programs do, or ignored so much else, like that pesky balance of trade and how that relates to those programs.

                    I am glad that you are so proud you don't want any "handouts", but all that show is that you still don't have any idea what those programs are.

                    You know what the biggest of all the USDA programs are?
                    Food stamps. Is over half of their budget.
                    Right:

                    http://www.fns.usda.gov/cga/FactSheets/SNAP.htm

                    Fine if you don't want any the government does for you with your and everyone else's taxes, guess that you don't use the fire and police either, or highways, or school system, our your basic individual deduction when figuring your taxes, all exactly the same type "handouts" as those USDA programs.

                    You don't understand how our system works and somehow feel so superior to those that work within the system as you barely understand it and then you use the parts of the same system that benefit you and don't even know it.

                    You are an accountant, you really should know how our government works, what pays for all we do and with what.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JSwan View Post
                      Guilherme - every time this or a similar subject comes up you and a few others condescend and patronize the little women. If you've got a problem with the responses you get with your attitude, you're going to have to deal with it like a big boy.

                      Since you do not live in this region, you have no way of knowing what the ag communities are doing to protect and expand their industries. I've touched upon some efforts that are in fact successful. Some efforts will not be successful for a variety of reasons. You want more information? Google it.

                      You're a fool to think that the only possible method of food production is the one you personally endorse or are familiar with. On smaller acreages, and near urban centers, a farmer can often make a better living if he sells his products directly to the public. Their efforts are not intended to replace the existing system.

                      What's the matter? Are you jealous that a farmer in another region might be a better businessman?
                      Once again you don't answer any questions with substance only with an ad hominem.

                      Long ago I learned to distinguish "table pounding" from substantive discussion. And substantive accomplishment. You're engaging in table pounding. That suggests that there is no substance to discuss.

                      Since that is the level on which you want to carry on a conversation have fun talking to yourself.

                      G.
                      Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

                      Comment


                      • All I know is that I have a greater risk of getting sick eating a fast food hamburger or buying and consuming packaged spinach or salad mix( all which have been USDA approved & inspected) then I ever will consuming the raw milk I get from my cow each day. Carry on folks.

                        Comment

                        • Original Poster

                          Originally posted by candyappy View Post
                          All I know is that I have a greater risk of getting sick eating a fast food hamburger or buying and consuming packaged spinach or salad mix( all which have been USDA approved & inspected) then I ever will consuming the raw milk I get from my cow each day. Carry on folks.
                          That is only if your cow is vaccinated properly is kept clean and stays clean, doesn't drink contaminated water or gets sick, as I assume you are not testing the milk every milking, as commercial dairies do.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bluey View Post

                            You know what the biggest of all the USDA programs are?
                            Food stamps. Is over half of their budget.
                            Right:

                            http://www.fns.usda.gov/cga/FactSheets/SNAP.htm
                            Bluey, you are taking the subject OFF TOPIC because you have no answer for the WASTE of our money propping up Big Ag companies that already makes nice profits so you divert the conversation to Food Stamps. Yes, I know that is for food stamps too...but we weren't talking about that were we? There is a heck of a lot of waste in that program also.

                            We were talking about subsidies paid to farmers to not grow crops..in other words to do NOTHING and for crop insurance that has payouts beyond sanity...at least that is what I'm talking about. As usual when you don't have an answer for something someone posts, you just attack them instead and divert the topic to something you are comfortable with.

                            Seriously trying to have a discussion with you is pointless.

                            Comment

                            • Original Poster

                              Originally posted by Daydream Believer View Post
                              Bluey, you are taking the subject OFF TOPIC because you have no answer for the WASTE of our money propping up Big Ag companies that already makes nice profits so you divert the conversation to Food Stamps. Yes, I know that is for food stamps too...but we weren't talking about that were we? There is a heck of a lot of waste in that program also.

                              We were talking about subsidies paid to farmers to not grow crops..in other words to do NOTHING and for crop insurance that has payouts beyond sanity...at least that is what I'm talking about. As usual when you don't have an answer for something someone posts, you just attack them instead and divert the topic to something you are comfortable with.

                              Seriously trying to have a discussion with you is pointless.
                              You brought that topic to this thread about RAW MILK, not your biased idea of "corporate welfare".
                              Even then, you missed that is a much more complicated and larger topic that you seem to know about.

                              Seriously, trying to have a discussion with you is pointless, as you say.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Guilherme View Post
                                Long ago I learned to distinguish "table pounding" from substantive discussion. And substantive accomplishment.
                                And long ago, I learned to distinguish real conversation from internet trolling and baiting.

                                It's just pointless to engage such people.
                                Last edited by JSwan; Feb. 4, 2013, 05:58 PM.
                                Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
                                Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
                                -Rudyard Kipling

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Bluey View Post
                                  You brought that topic to this thread about RAW MILK, not your biased idea of "corporate welfare".
                                  Even then, you missed that is a much more complicated and larger topic that you seem to know about.

                                  Seriously, trying to have a discussion with you is pointless, as you say.
                                  Ditto what JSwan just said to G. All you do is bait people who you don't agree with. You are quite a bully and quite unpleasant more often than not. When you can't "win" the discussion, you simply attack someone with winky snarky little faces and sarcasm.

                                  Comment

                                  • Original Poster

                                    Originally posted by Daydream Believer View Post
                                    Ditto what JSwan just said to G. All you do is bait people who you don't agree with. You are quite a bully and quite unpleasant more often than not. When you can't "win" the discussion, you simply attack someone with winky snarky little faces and sarcasm.
                                    Sorry, I won't get personal and try to be insulting, as you well know, just keep at that all by yourself.

                                    As already explained before, go find out who the USDA is and what they do for ALL farmers.

                                    Go check them out yourself, googling what others say is just not enough.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by candyappy View Post
                                      All I know is that I have a greater risk of getting sick eating a fast food hamburger or buying and consuming packaged spinach or salad mix( all which have been USDA approved & inspected) then I ever will consuming the raw milk I get from my cow each day. Carry on folks.
                                      Getting sick? What kind of foodborne illness are you discussing? ECO157:H7? Drinking raw milk, being used to that and adapting your resident microbes, and from your own cow in good health and condition, I'd suppose. I have no problem with that.

                                      But honestly fast food hamburgers, wayyyy less likely on the grand scale of things. Most foodborne illness is never reported, especially staph & salmonella and listeria is often near impossible to track because of the long incubation period and how it is often a general type illness, if any symptoms at all, in an immunocompetent population.

                                      I don't think the PSA was meant for someone that grew up with raw milk, is well adapted, and immunocompetent. But when it's marketed as a miracle cure and safe for every person and every generation, that is what worries me. Food safety, HACCP, USDA regulations, etc aren't bulletproof because microbes are so incredibly versatile, but sometimes, it's easier to stack the deck in someone's favor than not, especially when they may not have that adapted immune system.
                                      Semi Feral

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Bluey View Post
                                        Sorry, I won't get personal and try to be insulting, as you well know, just keep at that all by yourself.

                                        As already explained before, go find out who the USDA is and what they do for ALL farmers.

                                        Go check them out yourself, googling what others say is just not enough.
                                        Does HSUS own the USDA too, Bluey?

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by LauraKY View Post
                                          Does HSUS own the USDA too, Bluey?
                                          They are certainly working on it....

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X