Stallion Spotlight

C-Quito1

Real Estate Spotlight

BarnApartmentFront
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Husbands don’t get it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband does the stall picking many nights and also does AM feedings. I guess I married a saint.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by dungrulla View Post
      My husband does the stall picking many nights and also does AM feedings. I guess I married a saint.

Comment

• Original Poster

That is awesome! What are his bloodlines?😁

Comment

I was at Lowe's today in the paint section. They had buckets that were mostly plain white. Only the don't store children in bucket label which is probably gov't mandated. No logos. When I saw them I thought of this thread.
          Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Comment

Am I the only one that buys horse buckets at the TSC? I have 2 Home Depot buckets that I use for my ceramic crafts, but for horse stuff like soaking beet pulp, yeah I use colored animal buckets. That and also DH is a very capable shopper and errand runner. He even uses coupons if I have them. I hit the dang lottery with this guy.
            Just like our eyes, our hearts have a way of adjusting to the dark.--Adam Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
              Am I the only one that buys horse buckets at the TSC? I have 2 Home Depot buckets that I use for my ceramic crafts, but for horse stuff like soaking beet pulp, yeah I use colored animal buckets. That and also DH is a very capable shopper and errand runner. He even uses coupons if I have them. I hit the dang lottery with this guy.
              But traditional horse buckets don't have lids. The buckets from Home Depot and Lowes have lids. A friend uses Home Depot buckets to transport water in her trailer. When we go horse camping she puts the dry beet pulp in one with a cover and scoops what she needs for each meal.

I could see soaking beet pulp with a lid on it to keep out flies or the farm dog could be useful.
              Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Comment

Originally posted by 2DogsFarm View Post

Well, color me Unsurprised
                I don't follow TB racing, so was not aware of the adspace on breeches.
                Just a matter of time before someone says "Hmmmm.... that buttspace is much more visible during a race...."
                Once that happens, we can expect the "Juicy" velour sweatpants to be right around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnysMom View Post

But traditional horse buckets don't have lids. The buckets from Home Depot and Lowes have lids. A friend uses Home Depot buckets to transport water in her trailer. When we go horse camping she puts the dry beet pulp in one with a cover and scoops what she needs for each meal.

I could see soaking beet pulp with a lid on it to keep out flies or the farm dog could be useful.
                  Oh I see. I can be such a dim witted dork at times. I soak my beet pulp in my back room. Have a whole wall set up with beet pulp, rice bran, supplements, etc. Mix up every ones personal batch and lug it out to the barn. I guess I just don't think about doing this at the barn. Doesn't every one set up the whole back room of their house for animal care?? What a dunce I can be.

And for water storage in a trailer we have a large water tank. So I never thought of that either. DH always has us set up for industrial everything, so I just don't think about theses things because ya know, DHs on it.

But I totally get it now. I just had to see it through another lens. Thank you.
                  Just like our eyes, our hearts have a way of adjusting to the dark.--Adam Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
                    That and also DH is a very capable shopper and errand runner. He even uses coupons if I have them. I hit the dang lottery with this guy.
                    Mine will stop and grab a bottle of wine on the way home without being asked.
                    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him."

Comment

Way back in the olden days I used to get plain, white, 5 gal pickle buckets from Burger King. It did take a few days to get the pickle odor out. Also got free sawdust by the truckload. The sawmills just wanted it gone. Pull up, fill the bed, drive home. Sigh
                      Last edited by allons-y; Jun. 16, 2019, 08:05 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by allons-y View Post
                        Way back in the olden days I used to get plain, white, 5 gal pickle buckets from Burger King. It did take a few days to get the pickle odor out. Also got free sawdust by the truckload. The sawmills just wanted it gone. Pull up, fill the bed, drive home. Sigh
                        I remember both of these as well, although we got the pickle buckets from McDs.
                        "So relax! Let's have some fun out here! This game's fun, OK? Fun goddamnit." Crash Davis; Bull Durham

Comment

I wish my husband was still alive to run errands. While he didn't always pick up the exact item I wanted every time, he was always willing and did his best. Plus he had a great eye for noticing something that might come in handy in the barn and grabbing it.

And he always kept an eye out at stuff put by the street. He brought home several perfectly good cat carriers and other stuff we needed.

The only thing I could not let him do was pick out clothing. He was colorblind and the colors he'd pick out for me were not complementary!

Comment

Originally posted by TMares View Post
                            What's wrong with home depot buckets?
                            That is what I thought! I would be happy to have the buckets.

Comment

Originally posted by allons-y View Post
                              Back in the olden days when feed only came in 100# bags. I can still remember when they started doing 50# bags. We were at the Agway (which is sadly now closed down) and I went up to the counter, ordered my feed. The owner says to me do you want 100# bags or 50#s?? To which my DH replied...... give her 100#s she can carry them. You could of heard a pin drop for a few seconds in what was an otherwise busy feed store.

Comment

I remember the pickle buckets but not where we got them, and 100 # bags of Omolene. I weighed just over 100# myself and thought I was all that and a bag of chips for toting them. Nowadays some of the feed I get comes in 40# bags and my back is so weak I have to ask for help with carryout. Age and illness will do it to you every time.
                                Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
                                Incredible Invisible

Comment

Try your local nursing home or other institution which feeds people in quantity. Many of their supplies come in buckets - ask them for empties!

Comment

This is amusing - especially the people who do not find it amusing. As usual a source of COTH wisdom as well.
                                    I sent my husband to pick up yogurt while he was on errands - of course he got it exactly wrong as there are so many different types. The dog gets one little pack for breakfast these days.
                                    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Comment

My Apple-a-Day electrolytes come in a 30 pound bucket with a stick-on label that looks as if it would be easy to remove. Personally, I don't care about labels/advertising on the buckets. But if you do care, that is an option to consider.
                                      Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now). Spy is gone. April 15, 1982 to Jan 10, 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by 2DogsFarm View Post

Obviously TB racing, unlike NASCAR, is missing out on a huge source of funding.
                                        Imagine jockey silks with Eat At Joe's emblazoned on the backs.
                                        Or on that prominently displayed & currently wasted blank white space on the seats of breeches.....
                                        See pic;

https://i1.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-con...size=540%2C254
                                        ... _. ._ .._. .._

Comment

• Original Poster

Found five gallon white buckets , with the child warning on the side. White high gloss spray paint covered it up. And you can buy lids separately if you want. Of course, someone I know and love, is already eyeing them to reorganize his things in the basement❤️ But a successful day all around.

Comment

Working...
                                          X