Stallion Spotlight

Zucchero Gold - Wandres, Frederic - 838-BC18_REU2723-foto_reumann

Real Estate Spotlight

BarnApartmentFront
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Husbands don’t get it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husbands don’t get it

When husband offers to go pick up ten WHITE buckets for you, what is the part about how you don’t want them to say Home Depot on them????

If you want the 5 gallon empty paint buckets with lids to make hot mash in then IME they always have the store logo on them.

Comment

I'd be happy if my husband did that for me. I really don't care what's written on the buckets as long as they are clean and practical...and duct tape + permanent markers solves many issues!
      Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

Comment

I have a collection of white buckets, all with various logos on them. I don't know if I've ever even seen plain white 5 gallon buckets?

Comment

What's wrong with home depot buckets?

Comment

Mine are the pretty royal blue 5 gallon buckets from Loews. Does have a big Loews logo on one side, but I don't really mind it. In the bucket holder you can spin them around and the logo doesn't show from the aisle.

Our last white bucket from State Line Tack with the cute running horse logo on there finally bit the dust not too long ago. Those buckets lasted a very long time, but I'd not have white buckets again. They show wear and dirt and scrapes and so forth a lot more than colored buckets.
            ~~ How do you catch a loose horse? Make a noise like a carrot! - British Cavalry joke ~~

Comment

Anytime my husband runs a horse errand he is a saint!

Comment

All my big white buckets are repurposed oil cans..the ubiquitous chop bucket.
                "He's not even a good pathological liar." Mara

"You're just a very desperate troll, and not even a good one. You're like middle-school troll at best. Like a goblin, not even a troll." et_fig

Comment

The husband isn’t allowed to run any errands of any kind. Last time he picked up single ply toilet paper 🙄

I bought a white (with a TSC logo) bucket not too long ago. When I thought I wanted to feed beet pulp again. That lasted a week. I now use that bucket for a mounting block 👍🏼 Nothing a little white spray paint can’t fix
                  https://www.instagram.com/streamlinesporthorses/

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                    The husband isn’t allowed to run any errands of any kind. Last time he picked up single ply toilet paper 🙄
                    smart husband now he is at peace with you running the errands
                    Not responsible for typographical errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Garythesquirrel View Post
                      I have a collection of white buckets, all with various logos on them. I don't know if I've ever even seen plain white 5 gallon buckets?
                      Plain white buckets only happen if the labels will peel off, lol

i wish some of you lived closer. I buy my horses vit/min supplement in a five Fallon white bucket. I have more five gallon white buckets than I can use or DH can use in the workshop. One of the gals at DH's work has Mini's. She saw DH throwing the fiv gallon white buckets out and asked if she could have the next few as I emptied them.

i only empty those wonderfully heavy white plastic buckets every 90 days but I would rather give them to someone who could use them, than to see them go for trash. The handles are metal, so won't break.

And yes, there are times I would love to throttle DH for some bone head stunt he's done around the horses but then his heart attack & prostate cancer surviver self goes after a load of shavings, a load of hay, or calls before he leaves work to ask if I need a salt block or something else from Tractor Supply on his way home)

Comment

You’re being petty

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                          Soooooo.....
                          You must not be on a septic system.
                          I was advised single-ply is best for septics.
                          Cottonelle makes a very cushy single-ply.

RE: the buckets
                          How much does it matter whose logo is on a bucket intend d for barn use?
                          My vote is: Nada
                          *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
                          Steppin' Out 1988-2004
                          Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
                          Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Comment

Originally posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
                            Absolutely, for farm use. I got the brilliant idea to use the big white 5-gallon buckets as dressage letters, and am planting some flowers in them soon for extra effect. Imagine my surprise when they arrive (I'm lazy, Home Depot is 30 mins away, I had them shipped) with a big honking label on one side. The only picture it has online shows a solid white bucket, but of course doesn't show all sides of the bucket. And it's a printed-on label, not a sticker, so I can't peel it off. I'm super annoyed, but living with them as my dressage letters anyway.
                            Custom tack racks!
                            www.mmeqcenter.com/tacklove.html

Comment

Originally posted by 2DogsFarm View Post

Soooooo.....
                              You must not be on a septic system.
                              I was advised single-ply is best for septics.
                              Cottonelle makes a very cushy single-ply.

Not on a septic system. He was probably so tired and grabbed whatever, it was not cushy single ply
                              https://www.instagram.com/streamlinesporthorses/

Comment

Just be thankful he came home with buckets. My buckets are repurposed cat sand buckets. Wooden handles! I loved the buckets so much I bought that cat sand to get them. I also use them in winter, inverted and stuffed with plastic, over outside spigots. I turn the side with the label away so it doesn't annoy me. Yes, the label annoys me. Yes, I'm picky. I have a gazillion uses for them. btw... check the label on the TP - it will state 'septic safe.' Single-ply - no way and I'm on septic.

Comment

Yesterday watching the Belmont coverage I noticed that War Of Will's white bell boots did not say Home Depot on them. Or Woof or even WOW.
                                  Rack on!

Comment

Originally posted by Rackonteur View Post
                                    Yesterday watching the Belmont coverage I noticed that War Of Will's white bell boots did not say Home Depot on them. Or Woof or even WOW.

Obviously TB racing, unlike NASCAR, is missing out on a huge source of funding.
                                    Imagine jockey silks with Eat At Joe's emblazoned on the backs.
                                    Or on that prominently displayed & currently wasted blank white space on the seats of breeches.....
                                    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
                                    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
                                    Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
                                    Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Comment

White plastic buckets with snap on or screw on lids both sans logo
                                      Uline stocks over 29,000 shipping boxes, packing materials and mailing supplies. Same day shipping for cardboard shipping boxes, plastic bags, janitorial, retail and shipping supplies.
                                      "Traditions are basically just peer pressure from dead people"

Comment

Most plastic buckets are polyethylene. It's very solvent resistant. Get some paint remover, it'll take the ink off, without harming the plastic.
                                        Equus makus brokus but happy

Comment

Working...
                                        X