Sport Horse Spotlight

Fasino-12-16-07-175

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cows as pets or companions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scribbler
    replied
    I know someone who has a Jersey milk cow. She has the AI tweaked to favor female calves and sells them on to others that want good house cows, as she calls them. Despite that she ended up with a male calf one or two years, and now her little boy is doing oxen for 4H! With these little Jersey something cross steers.

The milk cow was just adorable.

I could do without stepping in cow patties though. And they do bring along a whole other kind of fly problem. If you are in rural land though you probably already have those.

Ime horses kept in suburbs miles away from any cows dont attract the horrible flies you get in the countryside.

Leave a comment:

• TMares
    replied
    They are too hard on fencing for my tastes.

Leave a comment:

• Vyce
    replied
    In addition to a horse, if I had the money I'd get me one of those Longhorn riding steer. would that count?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X