Stallion Spotlight

Fasino-12-16-07-175

Real Estate Spotlight

01 Aerial front of House and property
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

First day and already a disaster :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, what's going on right now (5:50 pm). The Spanish chef looks MAD and people are clustering around shaking fists and yelling?
    (I so wish I understood what the commentators are saying on Dubai TV...)

Comment

Originally posted by mds79 View Post
      They just cancelled the endurance!!! After like 5 hrs!?! CRAZY!!!!!!!
      Thank you for verifying that. I am watching live on FEI tv, but I was wondering if somehow I was getting a replay of this morning. The FEI commentators aren't being very clear. It says because of excessively high heat and humidity.

Comment

Holy crap. People are ANGRY.

Comment

Originally posted by Equibrit View Post
          His anger probably has more to do with th fact that Maktoum's son (Crown Prince) Hamdan is in the race. I don't know if crown princes melt though.
          Dissolve. That's what you'd do in water. Or react with it.

My area of expertise is chemistry, not royalty, so I'm not sure if they'd either melt or dissolve in general. BTW, IMHO, the wicked witch did neither....
          The Evil Chem Prof

Comment

The leaders are still going on. WTf don't they stop them!!! That helicopter filming them needs to broadcast a message

Comment

And FEItv is showing the leaders still going, cantering on cement, after it's been cancelled.

Comment

i wonder why everyone was yelling at the UAE representative?

Comment

This is utterly crazy scenes

Comment

Police and guns on the field of play that live video said?? WTF is going on! Why the hell is this on pavement?
                    Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

Someone is being arrested.... people are chanting shame on you.... total chaos
                      Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

Am I alone in thinking that the WEG should just be cancelled? I suppose it is too late to get the horses out.
                        Latest rainfall prediction from NOAA NHS https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/gra...inqpf#contents That's a massive amount of rain.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/alhammadi8/...3336021437212/
                          Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Jealoushe View Post
                            Someone is being arrested.... people are chanting shame on you.... total chaos
                            Well that escalated quickly... What on earth is going on in Tryon?
                            Freedom is the ability not to care what the other person thinks...

Got air?! Member of the Asthmatic Riders Clique

Comment

Yeah, that does not seem like a fun event to be at... :/. I was at the Pan Ams with my horse, and it was relaxed and exciting. That just looks scary.
                              Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

RE skydy's #91 post: TIEC is in the 4-6" yellow region of that map. It's located just to the right of where the NC/SC/GA borders come together, just as the SC border becomes flat.

That event does seem to be going quite off the rails ...
                                "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Derby View Post
                                  It's being live streamed on Dubai Racing 1 TV. Horse & Hound says the riders were misdirected by an official, clearly shown on video. What a disappointment.
                                  On Monday, heikh Mohammed made an unannounced entrance into the Keeneland Yearling Sales (laying down many millions as he bought the cream of the crop).

My guess is that he decided to swing by Keeneland on his way to watch the endurance at WEG. He was at the very top of endurance riders until a few years ago. Now his son is at the top of the sport. So it is not unreasonable for him to be at WEG and personally observe this clusterf*ck. Oops. One does not screw with *his* sport....

"He lives in a cocoon of solipsism" https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/c...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Helpus View Post

On Monday, heikh Mohammed made an unannounced entrance into the Keeneland Yearling Sales (laying down many millions as he bought the cream of the crop).
                                    . One does not screw with *his* sport....
                                    He and his son have done that regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Helpus View Post

My guess is that he decided to swing by Keeneland on his way to watch the endurance at WEG. He was at the very top of endurance riders until a few years ago. Now his son is at the top of the sport. So it is not unreasonable for him to be at WEG and personally observe this clusterf*ck. Oops. One does not screw with *his* sport....
                                      He is there.
                                      Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

Comment

Official statement regarding cancellation of the remainder of the Endurance competition today. https://tryon2018.com/article/cancel...mes-tryon-2018
                                        It's 2019. Do you know where your old horse is?

https://streamhorse.tv/ -- website with horse show livestream listings and links.

Comment

• So did they ever stop the leaders who were still on course? Or are those poor horses still out there in the dark for no reason?

Comment

Working...
                                          X