• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Tack and misc. items needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Original Poster

bridle

Sunkissed that is so very kind of you. I know you could use it too to fund things so I just want to say that I greatly appreciate it and all that you do! I don't rescue near as high volume as you do so I know it is in no way cheap and yet you still find ways to help others! Bless you!!!
    To ride a horse is to borrow freedom.

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks

I want to give thanks to two generous COTHers out there! I recieved your boxes of donations and will be forever greatful for your generosity! Oh and my hubby got excited when he saw the Rose Hill Kansas address as that is where he grew up
      If anyone else would like to clean out thier tack room, etc, I am still happy to recieve dirt dust and all in order to add more items for the fund raiser
      Thanks again for the donations!!! COTHers are such wonderful people!

Comment

Hi!

Please PM me your mailing address, I have a brand new Troxel helmet (velvet show type), never used and still with the tags that I can send along with some older but usable breeches. Good luck with more donations!

Comment

Haven't forgotten about you. Will hopefully be able to get the saddle and maybe bridle to you out next week. Just wanted to make sure you knew I didn't forget.
          The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.

Comment

• Original Poster

donations

Thank you both so very much! I must admit it feels like Christmas when a donation arrives! I just can't wait to dive in and add it to the list! It feels so great to have the list growing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by equislover View Post
              Thank you both so very much! I must admit it feels like Christmas when a donation arrives! I just can't wait to dive in and add it to the list! It feels so great to have the list growing!!!

Ok, I have your donation boxed and it is off in the mail today. A nice bridle and silver breast plate. Still in its bag so it will make a great prize or auction item. Goodluck with your fundraiser and God Bless the Children. I love St. Judes.
              Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Comment

• Original Poster

donations

Bless you! I will let you know when it arrives

Comment

Good timing!

My parents just "returned" a tack box to me that has been sitting around their house since I was in middle school. Talk about a blast from the past!

The goods:

*Black Wembley riding helmet, velveteen, size small adult. ASTM approved but is an older helmet ~10 years old. Clean helmet in good condition cosmetically, no odors, and was never involved in a fall.

*SS low port Kimberwick bit, 4 3/4" w/ curb chain. Good as new, no corrosion or defects, is clean condition as-is but could be spit-shinned to look practically brand new.

*Cottage Craft fabric comfort girth w/ elastic. Brown color, good condition. I'm blanking on the size, but fit a tubby arab horse.

*Running martingale attachment for breast plate. Collegiate brand, medium chestnut color, but would darken with oil.

*Collegiate brand 5/8" laced leather reins, also medium chestnut. Need a good clean & conditioning, but intact and no dry rot.

*Miller's Pro-Tek foam half pad, black color.

*Miller's Roma Cool-max waffle-weave square pad, dark blue color with green piping. Looks good.

*English white fleece fitted saddle pad, medium quality, some normal discoloration from regular use.

*Fancy stitched leather bridle, cob-sized, dark havana color. Generic, India-made, OK for schooling or for local fun shows. Matching 5/8" laced reins.

*Used Farnom brand nylon halter, cob-sized, 3/4", hunter green color w/ brass hardwear.

*Clincher browband, brown w/ brass, small horse sized. Nice quality but missing one small metal clincher.

*Running martingale attachment, thick dark leather, for training or schooling.

If you could use any or all of it for your project, I'd be more than happy to box it up and send it your way. Just let me know!

Kristin

Comment

• Original Poster

donation

Kristen how very generous of you! Please do box it up and send it when you are able! These items will help tremendously! Thank you so much. Oh and my address is in an earlier post
                    I also recieved an english saddle as a donation and I am not sure who it is from but I want to thank you very much! What an incredible donation!

I want to thank everyone one of you that have offered and sent donations. Events like my ride would not be possible without the generous donations from people like you and I feel honored to be a part of such a wonderful COTH family! Please if anyone wants a reciept for thier taxes send me a note and I will be happy to get you one!
                    Feel free to keep the items coming, dust, dirt and all It can only make the ride that more successful and every bit counts when it comes to these children!

Comment

• Original Poster

Donations

Thank you for those that have sent your donations! For those of you that haven't please don't forget me
                      On a side note, I went through my sponsor kit to send out reciepts and noticed that they are not in thier this year. I just placed a call to St. Jude's and they informed me that they are not sending them out this year as they have been misused in the past. She said people are to use thier checks as reciepts for their taxes but I informed her I am recieving item donations so that will not work in this case. So she is checking with the department and is going to call me back. I will post an update as soon as I hear back from them. I do apologize if this causes any inconveniences for anyone and will pass on the St. Jude phone number if they will not provide reciepts but I am hoping they will help me out in this case. If this is a problem please let me know and I WILL make this right. Once again I am sorry but I did not have my sponsor kit when I started this post and this is my fifth year doing this event and this is the first time I have run into this problem. It is however still an incredible cause that I will continue to support with all of my heart.
                      Thank you

Comment

• Original Poster

update

I finally heard back from St. Jude's this morning and what they are going to do is to send the donaters a letter themselves for thier taxes. So for those that would like a reciept for thier taxes I will fax a list of names and addresses to St. Judes and St. Judes will issue letters to those people on the list so that they have reciepts for thier taxes. Wew! Glad this all worked out! I didn't want to make a liar out of myself!
                        So just remind me when you send your donations of your name and address on a note so I can add you to the list I will compile. If you do not wish for a reciept that is fine, no note needed.
                        Thanks all, and sorry so many posts!!!

Comment

Let me dig through my stuff and see what I can find. I also have a CO helmet that didn't fit my head right. I lost the store reciept(of course) so i can't return it.

Do you take old/new show clothes? I have a Ariat Jacket that never has been worn. I have discoverd that I am better off with long waisted jackets fit wise than the regular length.
                          OTTB - Hurricane Denton - Kane - the big dog!
                          Tuggy - RIP 9/12/2016 - Wait for me at the bridge
                          Foster LolaMaria AKA LolaBean (Boxer)

Comment

• Original Poster

Would love

I would love for you to dig through your goodies to see what you can come up with! Helmets, used show clothes, anything is appreciated! I wish you could see how excited people get over these silent auctions and how successful they are with bringing in money at these events. They are just a blast and really make the event! Thank you for the offer!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by equislover View Post
                              I would love for you to dig through your goodies to see what you can come up with! Helmets, used show clothes, anything is appreciated! I wish you could see how excited people get over these silent auctions and how successful they are with bringing in money at these events. They are just a blast and really make the event! Thank you for the offer!!!!

You should have recieved the silver bridle and breastplate by now. I sent it to Tressa I believe in Watertown.
                              I understand the reciept issue but no big deal for me. I dont need one so no note was sent. I hope you guys bring in tons of money for those kids.

Bless you for offering your time and services.
                              Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Comment

Let me go through my show clothes and grab the helmet. My old horse was a bay and the new guy is a bright chestnut. Pinks and purple shirts don't look so good on him. I had a lot of pink and purple...
                                OTTB - Hurricane Denton - Kane - the big dog!
                                Tuggy - RIP 9/12/2016 - Wait for me at the bridge
                                Foster LolaMaria AKA LolaBean (Boxer)

Comment

• Original Poster

donations

I understand, that is like me being a redhead and not looking good in pink or red! Maybe I need to rule out purple too, hadn't thought of that before Thank you again for thinking of me, and St. Judes, for donating your items to!

Comment

• Original Poster

A special thank you

I want to send out a special thank you to Sunkissed Acres and Ty2003 for your very generous donations!
                                    I also want everyone to know that I was rumiging through my donations yesterday trying to get an inventory and donations from COTH members are my primary donations! Way to go COTHers! You all should be very proud knowing that you are such wonderful, kind hearted people! Bless you all for making the world a better place for children with childhood cander

A thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Comment

• Original Poster

Follow up from ride!

I want to thank everyone so much for donating so generously for my ride! If you are in TN you know our weather was not on my side for saturday as they were calling for an 80 percent chance of rain! Unfortunately that did keep many riders away however I did have 46 riders head out on the trails that morning ready to brave the rain but someone must have been smiling down on us as we did not get one single drop of rain throughout the entire day even though surrounding areas got plenty! Needless to say it was a great day and even though the turnout wasn't what I had hoped thanks to the many generous donations the silent auction was a huge success helping to bring our grand total of almost $4000 for the day! I would say that is pretty incredible considering I had probably about 50 percent cancelation due to weather! So once again I want to thank everyone that took the time to send items to help out! I will be turning in the spreadsheet to St. Judes within a week or so for tax reciepts to be sent out as I still have a couple address to obtain.
                                      Thank you all, you made the ride a success!

Comment

Working...
                                      X