• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

2007 OldNA mare in TX - Free lease to a good home - flexible terms - VIDEO LINK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 OldNA mare in TX - Free lease to a good home - flexible terms - VIDEO LINK

2007 branded and registered Oldenburg mare by Domiro out of a Mahon mare. 15.1hh, bay with 2 low hind white socks. Cute as a button and very friendly. Going solid walk/trot/canter under saddle and ready to go on in the disciipline of your choice. Will be a great "all around" type horse. (Dressage thru 3rd level, jumping up to 2'9" or maybe 3', etc.) Longeing before riding (sometimes just for 5 minutes) highly recommended until she is in a consistent program. No bad habits under saddle but still green so intermediate or advanced rider required. NOT A KID'S HORSE at this time and not for the timid adult beginner. Would be suitable for a brave, experienced teenager or an experienced adult amateur.

Prefer someone that takes weekly lessons with a reputable trainer.

Available due to the Texas drought and hay situation.

References will be checked.

Videos taken 1/8/12 - 3rd ride back in work after having about 3 months off.

Longeing to the right
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ3tQ...ature=youtu.be

Longeing to the left
    http://youtu.be/XCM1wovl7vs

Under saddle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okePH...ature=youtu.be

More under saddle. Only cantered so you could see she does not buck you off when you ask for canter - LOL. Canter will be better when she has a couple weeks of consistent work. Forgive me excessive use of the inside rein during this brief canter (holy cow, what was I thinking!)
    http://youtu.be/vGOF_jnGsvY

Contact me at julie@triplejsporthorse.com
    Last edited by inca; Jan. 9, 2012, 12:23 AM.
  • Original Poster

This mare it still available. Will be a really fun horse for the right person. Nice mover and quite the personality.

Willing to send her out of state to the right person with references.
    Last edited by inca; Oct. 27, 2011, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Original Poster

Just wanted to add that the lease agreement will allow the person leasing her to terminate the lease at any time with 30 days written notice. I would never expect anyone to keep a horse that is not working out for them.

Comment

• Original Poster

Mare is still looking for a full-time job and a person to love!

Pictures and full pedigree on my web site at triplejsporthorse.com/danae.cfm

She is branded and registered with Oldenburg NA so could be used as a broodmare also. She has not yet attended a mare inspection.

Comment

Is she still available? I have a client who may be interested in a breeding lease for her. We are located in Colorado. Would you have an issue with her going that far? We would pay for shipping.
          Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
          My equine soulmate
          Mischief Managed (Tully)- JC Priceless Jewel 2002 TB Gelding

Comment

• Original Poster

Yes, she is still available. I am open to her going out of state to the right situation. Contact me at julie@triplejsporthorse.com

Comment

Lovely mare!

Exactly what I am looking for! Wish you weren't so far away!
              ~Rest in Peace Woody...1975-2008~

Comment

• Original Poster

Well, how far away are you? She can leave the state if I feel comfortable with the home! She really needs a job and to get on with her career.

Comment

I just moved to San Antonio and if my photography business was up and running so I could afford board I would be all over this!!! Good luck, she's lovely!

Comment

I am potentially interested... if she's still available in January. I am looking for a free lease to have from January to June (due to family travel plans). I can afford board and care. But... if she's still available in January. Just letting you know that someone is interested, and I'll email you closer to January to find out more info... if she's still available.

Comment

• Original Poster

Please do keep her in mind and feel free to e-mail me with any questions!

Comment

• Original Poster

This cute girl is still looking for her very own person and a full time job! She comes with bridle and blanket. I will also get her teeth done and get whatever shots she needs.

I am willing to do a shorter term lease or a longer term lease. The lessee will be able to terminate the lease at any time so you won't be stuck in a situation that does not work for you.

Danae will be a very fun project for someone experienced with young horses. She is also available for a broodmare lease but will need to be presented to your registry of choice. She is branded and registered with Oldenburg NA.
                        Last edited by inca; Dec. 21, 2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

inca, she shounds charming! If my businesses hadn't taken a hit this year, I'd be on the phone to talk with you about a potential home in SC. Unfortunately, it would be irresponsible to take on another horse now ... must make sure the two already in the back yard here have all they need.

If things turn around and she is still available, I would love to have a young dressage project to play with, and my 22yo and 14yo would love a younger "sister," I am sure.
                          Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
                          -Albert Camus

Comment

• Original Poster

I have had several inquiries but this mare is still available. Would really like to see her go to a home where she is ridden regularly, or a broodmare home. Hanging out in my pasture eating is kind of a waste!

I am very flexible and would do my best to work out an agreements that works for a suitable home.

Comment

Nice Mare, Need Shipping??

Originally posted by inca View Post
                              I have had several inquiries but this mare is still available. Would really like to see her go to a home where she is ridden regularly, or a broodmare home. Hanging out in my pasture eating is kind of a waste!

I am very flexible and would do my best to work out an agreements that works for a suitable home.
                              Hello, we have a family owned shipping business and are contracted to be in TX the first week of Feb, we could ship this mare to the Northern Mid West or East coast, if anyone has a Want or Need
                              Regards,
                              J
                              AVG Horse Transport, Friend us on FB
                              jmr35@aol.com
                              [URL="http://rygarhorsetransport.com"]http://rygarhorsetransport.com[/URL

Comment

• Original Poster

Link to short video added to original post. Will post more video but it takes me forever to upload to you tube.

Comment

oldenburg mare.

Hi there,

Has she jumped at all? Would you be willing to place her in a home or do a very long term lease? I'm in MA, I don't know if you want her going that far.

Comment

Danae.

Sent you an email.
                                    "Friend" me !

http://www.facebook.com/isabeau.solace

Comment

For what it's worth. I know Inca and this mare. Do inquire if you are interested. Inca is very reputable and the mare is lovely.
                                      Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Comment

Could a good child rider?

under trainer supervision, ride this young mare? I have a small young lady looking for a dressage partner. South Georgia home.

Comment

Working...
                                        X