• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

FTGH: Several Cats and Dogs, Concord, NC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTGH: Several Cats and Dogs, Concord, NC

Due to pending separation as well as health problems/medical bills I am having to rehome the following animals ASAP to good homes or for them to go into rescue. I have a 501c3 pet rescue as well as my farm animals that I need to find a home for.
    CATS:
    Barn Cats
    Several barn cats: different colors, ages and sexes. All are spayed or neutered, up to date on shots and some are microchipped. Various temperaments but most are great hunters
    Inside Cats:
    Kera – sweet black and white female, LOVES attention. Spayed, up to date on shots and microcipped, 2 yrs old
    Jasper – brown tabby male, LOVES attention and lazy, approx. 2 years old, up to date on shots, neutered and microchipped.
    Eleanor – calico female, likes attention but a little shy, around 3 years old, up to date on shots, spayed and microchipped.

DOGS:
    Please go to www.militarypetoutreach.rescuegroups.com for a complete listing of dogs needing homes. All are free to a good home with signed adoption application.
    Last edited by graceridgefarms; Sep. 9, 2010, 09:28 AM. Reason: Due to bad wording at the beginning I've changed it to make others on this board happy.

What happened to Pal and the other horse/s that you adopted through this board?
    "We, too, will be remembered not for victories or defeats in battle or in politics, but for our contribution to the human spirit." JFK

Comment

Originally posted by Calamber View Post
      What happened to Pal and the other horse/s that you adopted through this board?

"COMPLETE CRITTER LIQUIDATION"?????????????????????????? OP, this s not how legitimate rescues work.

Comment

It sounds like she is being very responsible to look out for the animals before a situation gets bad. She is a great provider and has taken in animals that no one else would. Why not try to encourage her as she is doing the right thing instead of attack her?

I would take in something, but we are full at my house. I hope they can all find great homes. Perhaps you guys can help lighten the load?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishKharma View Post
          It sounds like she is being very responsible to look out for the animals before a situation gets bad. She is a great provider and has taken in animals that no one else would. Why not try to encourage her as she is doing the right thing instead of attack her?

I would take in something, but we are full at my house. I hope they can all find great homes. Perhaps you guys can help lighten the load?
          I already do my own rescue there IK....sorry, but I would never use the term "CRITTER LIQUIDATION" when it comes to the animals in my household.

Perhaps one shouldn't take in quite so many animals and then start trying to liquidate them ASAP.

Comment

I also know the poster, and she is a wonderful person who does great work. Horsetech, if you are that worried about it, maybe you should either adopt all her animals into your rescue, or leave this post for folks looking for a pet to adopt. Not meaning to be rude at all, but lets not send this post in the wrong direction by being critical of her wording.
            Your dog may not be broken, but he still needs to be fixed.

Comment

• Original Poster

Pal the blind horse I got on here is still with me and doing well, just had his yearly vet check up a couple weeks ago. Pal will be with me until he dies if I can help it. He is a horse that is different to deal with not because of him being blind but because of his attitude and I want to make sure that all the effort I put into him was not in vein and he go to someone that will not want to deal with his ill temper toward other horses. He’s been to schools to teach kids about disabilities and how you can have one and live a normal life.
              As for the other pony I got off here, he ended up being a bolter and not safe for my son so he was gave to a nice lady to be a pasture pal for her horse.

You other people need to get off my case. Bad choice of words on my part, true. The cats are my personal cats, not rescue. They are all up to date on shots, spayed/neutered and most are microchipped. The dogs are part of the rescue. All are vetted, up to date on shots, microchipped and on heartworm preventative. Some are crate trained, some are house trained and some have basic manners.

Sometimes life deals you a hand that you don't plan on. I'm planning ahead so these guys can find a good home before I have to post an urgent, emergency post because I have no place for them to go and have to move out. NOW THAT would not be responsible wouldn't it?

Those of you who don't know me should not judge me. I am a college educated, companionate, friendly and usually happy person. I always put other people and my animals before myself. I try to put humor in life, it's better to laugh than cry sometimes. This past week has been a living nightmare. Will spare you a lot of the details of everything but one thing that happened out of several just in the past few days was that I bought a starving horse off the side of the rode only to have to put her down Monday due to internal problems that me nor the vet could have done anything about. While me and the vet were trying to get her up hubby came out and told me he was going to bed and just left me out there to deal with all this...which I got through.

I have dumped my heart, soul, time and money into my rescue. I wrote a grant and got funded to get the 501c3, I do this all by myself with a few people who help every now and then. I've spent around $10,000 this year on animals and cleaning up after other peoples BS. I've turned away animals in need because I was full, I've drove to military bases when soldiers were on leave from Iraq to help them with their pets. I've tried to educate people on spay/neuter and how to properly take care of their pets. I've practiced more customer service than a lot of rescues do.

I've started having panic attacks due to the stresses at home, have depression, have my horses, a full time job, a six year old, and a house hold to run. I have an injured knee that without monthly injections I could hardly walk, I'm 33 have advanced Arthritis in my right knee, bone spurs, pitted knee caps and live with some pretty good pain every day from over doing myself. That on top of a husband who likes to make life worse than normal for fun, who never helps, who is mentally abusive, etc and so on....and you wonder why I need to downsize fast and posted this on here.

I’ve taken in BLM horses from people who had no business adopting them to keep them going back to the government only get injured and not be able to gentle them and train them like I should. I adopted a starved mustang who I still can’t get weight on and the vet and I are still trying to find things to do to help him gain weight.

My life, health and son are more important than anything. I've started stressing too much on the animals that I care so much about. I want to make sure they find a GOOD PLACE, not just a place to go because I can no longer keep them. Do you people realize how hard it is to have a farm and everything else you always wanted in life since you were little and then have to walk away from it all? That’s hard as heck to swallow.

If I knew life was going to deal me this hand do you think I would have started all of this? Well no....You people talk about those who get in over their heads, who have too many, who hoard, who don't take proper care of the animals they have, who can't say no. I'm here trying to do the right thing and find these animals a good, safe place to go, who are cared for 100% before things happen and I can't and you say I'm not for real, I'm not legit....

I didn't owe any of you an explanation, it's my business, but I posted it on here to get you to think about your words before you post next time. One thing I've learned through all of this is that horse people are some of the best but often some of the most judgmental people I've ever met. Shame on you for judging me and my situation before you know the whole story. I would rather keep at this and put myself in an early grave than some of you people on here help me out but I care about my son more than that.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by horsetech21 View Post
                I already do my own rescue there IK....sorry, but I would never use the term "CRITTER LIQUIDATION" when it comes to the animals in my household.

Perhaps one shouldn't take in quite so many animals and then start trying to liquidate them ASAP.
                horsetech - I didn't take in quite so many animals. Some of these have been here 7 years, All the rescue dogs I have (except for two puppies who have been here a month) have been here since the beginning of the year becuase they are harder to place due to age, breed OR had heartworms that I've treated (and costed $850). Do you think I took in the animals here recently and then had to get them all homes? Well that would be stupid now wouldn't it?

The animals I have here I can take care of and financially provide for. I am not one to take in a animal before the money is there as I don't believe in having an animal to care for if you can not do it right, which is why I am wanting to find these guys home before that time comes. If it weren't for me they would all be dead, starved or abused. I'm not saying that beccause I want a gold star, I'm saying it so you will see this was not something that was quick in the making. It was a hard decision for me but one I knew had to be made. I've changed the wording in my post to reflect your "suggestion". I didn't mean it the way you took it so get off your little high horse and come back down to earth.

Comment

Working...
                X