Stallion Spotlight

Total Hope-11-18-09-3662

Real Estate Spotlight

photo1
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

'99 OTTB mare / PA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '99 OTTB mare / PA

We've had this mare for sale for a year now with no success. She's a dime-a-dozen bay (virtually no chrome) 15.1 hand Thoroughbred mare with no special talents. She is a delight to work with around the barn, very easygoing. Under saddle she only knows the basics W/T/C and she's jumped a little.

She was raced and was a broodmare for a year. Since then she's just been a pleasure/trail horse. She's never been a 'rescue' and has (as far as I know) always been very well taken care of.

I'm just putting this out there to see if anyone would be interested in her for FREE, or as a free lease. Naturally, this would be to an approved home/situation only!

If interested, check out the video b/c I have more info on there... pm or e-mail me at mdnardella@yahoo.com for more information on her.

Here is a video I made last year -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKKNVz51-4

We are between State College and Williamsport. Four miles off of I-80 exit 192.
    Last edited by oldpony66; Aug. 16, 2010, 02:48 PM. Reason: add location

I am certain you will get some interest here. If you were closer, I would take a look at her. Good Luck in placing her!
    Life is too short to argue with a mare! Just don't engage! It is much easier that way!

Have fun, be safe, and let the mare think it is her idea!

Comment

Can this mare hack out on the trail alone? If so, I may have a client that would be very interested, she sounds like exactly what they have been looking for.
      Your dog may not be broken, but he still needs to be fixed.

Comment

sent you an email
        Cluseaux 3/1/75-7/11/06
        Logan 5/21/06-3/1/10

I'll meet you on the other side of the rainbow bridge...

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Runnerandrider View Post
          Can this mare hack out on the trail alone? If so, I may have a client that would be very interested, she sounds like exactly what they have been looking for.
          I think she could. The thing is, I can't say for sure because I don't trail ride alone and I don't let my daughter trail ride alone.

She has taken her down the road a little ways alone usually no problem. Corley is scared of only one thing - Amish buggies. Once my daughter took her down the road when a buggy came by and that didn't go so well, but it doesn't go well when she's in a group and a buggy goes by either. She gets nervous, jiggy and wants to get away from the buggy. Bears, grouse, turkeys, cars, motorcycles, dogs... those are all OK but not buggies.

I know when we are out in a group, Corley doesn't really care if she gets a mile ahead of everyone, or is left behind. We've even split the group and gone separate ways and she will leave her buddy.

Comment

Nice Horse for Petite Rider!

I'm 5'10" so that would not be me, but gosh she looks nice and useful, (cute rider too!) Would she put up with teaching a beginner adult? I know a trainer looking for one to do that.
            Good luck! She is going to make someone a nice horse.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Cliffy View Post
              Would she put up with teaching a beginner adult? I know a trainer looking for one to do that.
              Good luck! She is going to make someone a nice horse.
              She put up with my daughter teaching our neighbor kid (who had never ridden before in her life) to walk + trot. With supervision and good guidance (don't *kick*, don't hang on the reins) she will plug right along.

I would have someone tune up her canter before letting a beginner attempt it. She won't run away, but it might take a lot of trot strides to get into the canter, and every now and then she'll toss a little strange crow-hop in to announce that she is switching to the canter.

I actually think with her laid-back personality she would eventually be a wonderful school horse once she had some more ring time, which she's just not getting here!

Comment

• Original Poster

updated video from just yesterday - the previous video was from last fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYIKWzmNicQ

Comment

Sent you an e-mail, please PM me if you havent gotten it. Thanks!
                  Your dog may not be broken, but he still needs to be fixed.

Comment

Where in PA is this mare located?
                    "Don't make me go all chestnut mare on you"!

Comment

Originally posted by rtrules View Post
                      I was going to ask the same Q. I'm in NE Ohio, but PA is a biiig state.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by rtrules View Post
                        North-central. We are between State College and Williamsport... about four miles from I-80 exit 192.

Comment

Forwarding this mare along. Looks like it might be what they are looking for!

Comment

• Original Poster

Still available!

Comment

I am going to send her info to one of my daughter's 4H friends. She is looking to move up from her pony. Nice rider and would be a very good match.
                              Worth A Shot Farm
                              Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
                              Visit our Website
                              Join us on Facebook
                              Watch us on Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X