• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Products That Work and...... Products That Don't

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love:
    - Weatherbeeta Eskadron boot knockoffs!
    - Wintec saddles!
    - Farnam Tri Tec flyspray!
    - $1.49 wide-toothed hair pick/comb from Walgreens - perfect for tails!
    - Neosporin for cuts.
    - Showsheen for repelling dirt.
    - Stateline Tack Essex bridles cheap and not bad at all for the $$!
    - Keratex! (it's basically formaldehyde)
    - Nice fluffy sheepskin half pad: mmm!
    - Mountain Horse Sportive High Rider boots - comfy!

Hate:
    - Weatherbeeta Moulded galloping boots: nylon webbing edgeing fell apart, and they got permanently stained with poop and a mystery blue weed thing, after 1 use.
    - Laced reins - hell to clean.
    ----------------------------------------
    PSSM / EPSM and Shivers Forum
    http://pssm.xanthoria.com/
    ----------------------------------------

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ghazzu:
      I believe Derma-Gel is only available throught the vet.

I second the flex stirrups (I have the Sprenger knock-offs) for those of us with bad knees.

For sole toughening, Durasole.
      Available online through Alvin Farrier supply, IIRC.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A second vote for Durasole -- hardens up tender tootsies in a heartbeat, won't break the bank, and takes up just a tiny spot in the tack trunk!

I buy it at the local "horseshoe mart" -- yup, they sell horseshoes and other stuff.

Comment

• Off the top of my head...

- Infusium 23 leave-in conditioner. If I had a scanner, I could show some before and after shots of my horse's tail.
        - Corona as a hoof ointment
        - Fleece schooling square from Dover
        - Lifesavers as a cheap, individually wrapped treat (note: not good in Texas summers)
        - Mrs. Pasture's horse cookies
        - My Ariat boots (both paddock and field)
        - My hand-me-down spurs that I got from an old barn mate
        - ORVUS! I love love love this shampoo.
        - Roll-on deodorant (hee hee) fly spray for the pon-pon's eyes and ears
        - Absorbine liniment gel stuff
        - MSM
        - Chiropractic work

DISLIKES:
        - SHOWSHEEN, get it *away* from my horse! I've got a barely used bottle if anybody wants it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
        - Mane N Tail (ick ick ick)
        - One of the Equinyl products (GL? maybe?) - didn't do squat for the mare, so she's back on MSM

Geez, I'm drawing a big blank here. It's easier to go through the likes because I can just think about what is in my tack trunk, but I've gone through so much stuff that I don't like, I don't buy it and then I don't think about it anymore.

All I want for my birthday is a COTH khaki hat. Or for mine to come home. That would work too.

Comment

• Some things I use daily:
          - Orvus Shampoo...faily cheap for the amount you get and I swear you dont run out...I have been on the same jar for like 2 years and MANY horses!

- Quic Silver...it just plain works on greys

- Healthy Hair Care Conditioner...great for everyday on the coat...leaves it shiny and healthy!

-Canter Silk Mane & Tail Conditioner...gets out tangles like ShowSheen without the sticky plastic feeling for a healthy tail

- Tuffin Up/Tuff Stuff...put only on the bottem of the hoof and the sole...strengthens for less cracks etc.

-Corona/Coruncresin around the coronary band for good hoof growth

-Stress Dex...electrolyte supplement that is cheap, works, and tastes great [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-Furall...great for cuts

-For that terrible thrush and an overnight cure mix sugar and betadine and spread generously in hoof. Wrap with vetwrap and cotton and your thrush will be gone by morning!

-QuicClean...last minute stains on a grey solved!

-Listerine for that itchy tail

-SkinSoSoft and water for a fly spray...its hard to find at supermarkets now but it works as well if not better then tack shop fly sprays and is cheaper!

-Vetrolin/Alcohol/Water as a spray on liniment

-------------------------
          -Erin-
          "Im so terrified of no one else but me
          Im here all the time
          I wont go away..."
          (Matchbox 20, Long Day)
          -Erin-
          \"Im so terrified of no one else but me
          Im here all the time
          I wont go away...\"
          (Matchbox 20, Long Day)

Comment

• GirlLikeThat -- I love mb20! GirlLikeThat is actually my SN somewhere else [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
            ~Cass

"Dont let your schooling interfere with your education" -- Mark Twain
            Jocelyn

I take a chance, and steal away this movie moment -Mae

Comment

*Cowboy Magic ANYTHING...expensive, but it works!
              *Riovista Ravishing Red Shampoo
              *Biotin Hoof Supplement
              *The big glycerin soap bars for cleaning and Lexol's Restorer and Conditioner for conditioning
              *Weatherbeeta Winter Blankets
              *Big D Sheets...we had one for five years, unfortunatly, it got left at the tack store and they kind of took it since it had been there to long [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
              *Pepi Spray ::mmmmmm::
              *Repel X...sorry, but it works on Lexi!
              *Johnson's Baby Shampoo for faces
              *Baby Powder for socks

Dislikes:
              *Nature's Defense...yeah, defending the flies...
              *Ummm...forgot the name, but its the dry-shampoo in the big black bottle...so gross! leaves a filmy, sticky layer all over...::eww::
              *Pull-on bellboots-they'll be the death of us all! Bell boots in general are pretty annoying though, you either have to pull or tape or continue buying every week or so...

Ummm, thats all I can think of right now...

Britt
              &curren Britt &curren

Comment

Skin so Soft in the fly spray. Really helps with the sand gnats in the south. I think it really softens the coat, too.
                Raised reins -- think they're so purty.
                Rambos -- last forever
                Dover's Rambo knockoff -- pretty darn good, too
                Wool/fleece half pad -- after the gel pad craze, we go back to good ol' natural products
                Perfectly wrapped polos -- in conservative colors, of course
                Shirts with spandex -- hate armpit wedgies
                Tank tops with built in bras
                Tailored Sportsman -- the cut more than the color
                Charles Owen -- a pretty approved that's comfy and fits
                Dover's Italian bell boot knock offs -- easy on/off and cheap
                Fans
                Blundstones
                Any detangler that works
                Finally having my own clippers

HATES:
                cheap leather - anywhere, anytime
                Fly spray -- why do we go through the motions? See above though for SSSoft.
                Wearing wool jackets in the summer
                Ariats

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
                -- Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the Rust Clique ***
                *** Member of the Ebay Anonymous Clique ***
                *** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum)***
                Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Comment

• I just got some Keratex, hoof hardener about a week ago. It's a pain to apply and the oder smelled strangely familiar....then I remembered. Smells just like formaldehyde!! Like those frogs in biology class.

Thumbs up-
                  Keratex (after one week already results)
                  MSM
                  Strategy
                  Inexpensive leather girth of good quality- Pauls Harness Shop
                  Quick Braid
                  Skin So Soft- no it's not perfect, but it smells nice and his face looks nice when I use it
                  Rubber pimpled groom mits

What's wrong with Excalibur...works fine for me

Thumbs down-
                  Professional Choice SMB's They slip and they are hot
                  Fly spray in general
                  Fly sprayers in general

Superheroes of the universe, unite! http://www.allmightysenators.com/super.html

http://hometown.aol.com/bgoosewood/index.html
                  The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Thumbs up-
                    ------------

Dehner Boots

ACE - better riding through chemicals

Calm and Cool Paste - if you dont like chemicals ( use a bit more than they say , and a few hours in advance )

Hooflex for hooves

Venice Turpentine for hardning hooves

Corona for hooves or chafing

DMSO

Glucosamine ( Grand Flex )

Vitamins with Probiotics ( Grand - Vitae )

Beet Pulp for weight gain

Corn Oil for weight gain

Purina brand horse treats - available in 50 lb bags.

Electro Dex electrolytes

Absorbine

Shampoo - they all work but why bathe an animal that rolls in the dirt after you wash it?

SMB's work if you know how to put them on

Fly Spray > Get Repel XP, buy Permethrin CONCENTRATE oil from the farm store, make a batch with both diluted to the appropriate full strength. Repels / kills everything but the cattle flies - will repel them for a while. If you want it really strong add some oil based cattle spray too - but watch out it can burn their skin.

Zinc Oxide Ointment

Bell Boots ( Bar - F )

Davis boot for soaking abcesses

Thousand Mile Horse brand Open Wound Salve yeah its new age kinda / herbal but this one actually works.

Thumbs down-
                    -------------

Cheap leather tack
                    Myler bits
                    MSM
                    Chiropractic
                    Acupuncture
                    Homeopathic remedies
                    Magnets
                    Lasers
                    4 point trim on feet
                    Kentucky Breeches
                    Cider Vinegar fly spray
                    Skin so soft

Thanx

Comment

• I'm having amazing success keeping every kind of bug off my horse with a once-every-two weeks application of that spot-on stuff plus an every-other-day misting of a mixture of diluted kids' OFF and citronella oil. Only regimen I've ever seen that keeps em off for more than fifteen minutes. Every other bug repellant is worthless. Especially Gnat-away, which apparently works by attracting all the gnats to the treated horse, thus protecting all the other, un-treated horses.

Grooma curry combs-- the best. Grooma mane-tamer thingy: yuck. I've produced nicer looking manes with a pair of thinning shears

Anything made by Kerrits or Mountain Horse is wonderful. Tuff Rider breeches are great as well. Ariat paddock boots suck. Anything made by Devon-air will fall apart on the drive to the barn the first time you wear it.

Comment

• too fun! it's great that the very thing on one person's "love it" list, is on another person's "hate it" list [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My likes:
                        duct tape, baling twine, and double ended snaps
                        excalibur
                        glycerin saddle soap and lexol
                        vetrap (not the knock offs)
                        polar fleece coolers, they work great
                        weather beeta horse clothing, esp. the old school turnout
                        tea tree oil, citronella oil, and peppermint oil for various things
                        vetrolin shine for tails
                        bigeloil and/or vetrolin
                        good old murphy's oil soap for tack
                        grooma curries, especially the soft one
                        witch hazel
                        round cotton leadropes of ample length with a knot tied in the end
                        nevr-dull metal polish
                        the old-fashioned crocheted (sp?) ear nets - the ones that have fabric covered "ears" and a little croched bonned with fringes

dislikes:
                        super ultra lasts two weeks fly sprays.
                        bungee crossties - hate those things!
                        nylon lead ropes
                        lead ropes that don't have knots at the ends!
                        rambo blankets. I have always found them to be a bunchy pain in the neck to deal with (being the gal who had to put them on someone else's boarded horse, etc.)
                        those "Thermalux" blankets that were so popular about 6-8 years ago - horrific fitting and total shavings magnets
                        furacin. Once you stick your finger in the jar, the whole lot is contaminated, it always drives me nuts to see someone taking a glop out of a tub of furacin (with hair and dirt in it...) to put on a fresh wound. Plus it melts and generally gets gross.
                        Farrier's Formula. I swear, you can tell by the smell in the stall that a horse is on this stuff, I just hate the smell and I've never known anyone to comment that it made a big difference (I like other products better)
                        those farnum mesh fly bonnet things with elastic edges, that when the horse rolls end up with dirt crusted exactly over their eyes, that shift and cause rubs near eyes, etc. They work for some but I've never had luck.
                        peace,
                        jen

[This message was edited by elnachick on Jul. 16, 2002 at 04:17 PM.]

Comment

• vetrolin - wonder of all wonders, and it smells SO good!

tea tree hoof oil (with green label) - great for white / striped hooves.

Listerine - the best bit/spur/metal wash, takes out stains, disinfects...

Loreal Kids Tangle Tamer - non-drying and smells wonderful (pear scent especially)

epona bar in a jar saddle soap - puts a great,longlasting luster on tack.

Sore No More - works better than prescription muscle relaxant on my back spasms!

Absorbine Superpoo shampoo - smells nice, cleans well, leaves coats really shiny.

First Ice ice boots - better than ice cells, mold to leg and stay cold forever.

Comment

• I can't believe I'm the only one here who uses Bite-Free (the expensive stuff in the red bottle)?! It really has worked better than anything else for me.

Clac86 worked for me the first year, after that they must have changed the formula because it ceased to be effective.

I'm glad to hear that Novalsan ointment is back and improved. I didn't like it before because it mutated fairly quickly on the shelf into something other than ointment. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
                            "No matter how cynical I get its just not enough to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Comment

• The apple cider vinegar does seem to be helping with the flies. I've had no problem with them eating just a couple of handfuls of grain with 1/4 cup 2x a day. SWAT works fairly well on their noses and doesn't dilute like regular fly spray. After 2 weeks on the vinegar, I'll be brave and try turn out without fly spray and see what happens. Murphy's oil soap, right off the shelf in the house cleaning product aisle works great on tack. Triple Crown Chopped Forage has been very well recieved by the elderly horses in the barn. All the others want it too!

Comment

• Good products-

Eqyss anything, espcially the Avocado mist! It's kinda expensive though at $17 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Weetherbeeta blankets/sheets are great, very good quality.

Riovista color enhancing shampoo works good.

As always, show sheen is my friend! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Fiebing's Hoof dressing drys quicker than others so it doesn't come off as bad.

Quick and easy grroming block works on Toppers for his weird skin problems.

Absorbine Supershield green is expensive, but it smells good and works.

Spot On fly treatment worked well for us. I did notice a difference.

Bad things-

I agree, Repel X didn't do much.

Tough stuff kind of dries out the hoof.

~*Lindsay*~
                                A proud co-owner of CorLin PROductions, specializing in dressage, eventing, and hunter/jumper digital photography.

~*Co-founder of the COTH Photographer's clique*~
                                Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

Comment

• I'll chime in here...

"Obstacles are those frightening things we see when we take our eyes off our goals." - Anon
                                  "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

Comment

• I'll chime in here...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] to:
                                    Rambo and Bucas sheets/blankets. Destructo-pony wasn't able to do any permanent damage to these.

Rubber reins - the English kind. I love the secure way they feel.

Mountain Horse anything, especially their breeches/boots. Great fit for those of us built like a boy - practically indestructible.

Hay ball. I'm hay-net impaired - can't stuff one of those things to save my life. The hay ball is so easy to stuff, and if a horse gets a foot caught (hasn't happened yet), they're not dangerous.

My trailer hitch mirror. Can't remember what it's called, but it's a mirror that hangs over your truck bed to help you align your hitch and ball. Saved me countless hours of frustration trying to hitch up.

Dover canvas half-chaps. Love them. Can't wear them out, and at that price, it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg if they do wear out.

Keratex. Pricey, but for my TBs thin, shelly feet, worked wonders if you were religious about using it.

David med boot. Great for soaking abscesses, etc.

Those coiled hose thingies that wrap around your horse's legs so you can soak without having to hold on to a hose. Great invention! You'd have to pry mine from my cold, dead fingers.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] to:
                                    Absorbine Green fly spray. Smells like soap, feels like soap, flys don't even notice it's on.

Sports Med boots - I'll add to that one! Ick. Collects so much sand, burrs, etc...

Ariat half-chaps. Elastic broke the second week I had them. Too cheap for the money you pay.

Easy-boots. As my former farrier said, Easy-boots are for horses with perfectly shaped feet - and horses with those kind of feet don't need 'em! Can't put them on, can't keep them on. Ugh.

Neumann's Tackified gloves. Hate them - hate that sticky feeling that just won't go away after you take the gloves off. Ick.

"Obstacles are those frightening things we see when we take our eyes off our goals." - Anon
                                    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

Comment

• Love:

I recently discovered Cowboy Magic detangler. It's worked great to take out burrs and tangles.

Don't waste your money:

Flat hose...A friend had purchased some from a local sale barn and it broke on his first use of it. We assumed that the reason his broke was because you can't anything from the sale barn. So, we thought we'd get some from Home Depot (I expect Home Depot to carry high quality--after this experience I know longer hold that expectation). The stuff broke the second time I used it (it cost about $20 a section...not exactly cheap)...I also ended up getting soaked in 30 degree weather. Nothing like not being able to feel your fingers and knowing that there are still more barn chores to do before you can leave.

I was so mad that I almost took it back to Home Depot and threw it on their counter with me dripping wet and muddy with gross boots and hay on my polar fleece...however, it was on my fiance's credit card. We returned it and they gave him his money back...his comment as he handed the garbage bag to the clerk was "This stuff is crap." That pretty much sums it up.

Now it's back to the drawing board...our neighbors are allowing us to use their water (we don't have a well yet) and we were looking for an easy to drain and easy to deal with way to use about 300 feet (I think) of hose. My fiance is a fire fighter, so we may try to use some fire hose.

MKB...

http://www.leakycreek.com/
                                      http://leakycreek.wordpress.com/ Rainbows & Mourning Doves Blog
                                      John P. Smith II 1973-2009 Love Always
                                      Father, Husband, Friend, Firefighter- Cancer Sucks- Cure Melanoma

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Judy A:
                                        Most off you will turn your noses up at this but it works----1 gal of kerosene---add a little water, not much + a dab of breath o' pine.

Instead of show sheen----Pledge or other furniture spray.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHOA!!!!!! KEROSENE AS in the stuff used as a LIGHTER FLUID? And PLEDGE as in the WOOD CLEANER? Never heard of those before, but you sure are brave! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

**anna**
                                        *~Proud Founder of the H/J Paints Clique~*
                                        \"Friends don\'t let friends have mullets.\"

Comment

• mkbrown - at our last barn we had to run hoses for what seemed like miles (no water at the far paddocks). We ran the hose along the fence line and buried it under the leaves - eventually grass grew over it and provided a very minimal insulation. Since the hose was never moved/stepped on or otherwise messed with, we never had to replace or repair it, and it was not an expensive hose (hoses, actually). Then we put those quick snap on/off hose connections AND a on/off valve at all the hose ends. This way you could turn on the hose once and connect/disconnect to the 3 or so differnt connections necessary to water all paddocks, and you only had to drag around the main hose which was not that long.

The only issue we had to worry about was water freezing in the hose in winter, but fortunately it ran slightly downhill to the barn, so if you left the vavle open, all the excess water would drain out.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
                                          Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Your crazy is showing. You might want to tuck that back in.

Comment

Working...
                                          X