• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Jr Clique!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one week until i can ride. i have been off for five weeks while my shoulder heals. i actually thought it was all better now but last night i was half asleep and i put it behind my head funny and it suddenly hurt SO BAD. i then flailed around trying to get it out from under my head, and that hurt too. i was sitting there moaning in the dark, half asleep too, and rubbing my arm, for 5 or 10 minutes.

Comment

• Original Poster

Comon juniors! We will rule the boards one day....Or maybe we'll even get our own board?
      hint hint
      Does anyone do any other sports besides riding? It was SO cold today! I stayed to watch a baseball game, and it was like freeeeezing!

Any how many juniors have cell phones? How old were you when you got yours?
      ttyl

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*~Kris~*
      "True madness can only be achieved through a state of complete sanity"
      -----
      This is not a true story
      -----

Comment

Spaz, dahling, my email is working now:

pmck14lclm@hotmail.com

Who all here does the big eq. Anyone got tips for tests, etc???

Pony Person
        \"Don\'t succumb to what is predictably yours\"-David Cale from \"Deep in a Dream of You\"

\"How do you soar if you\'re nailed to the floor?\"-from Johnathan Larson\'s Tick Tick Boom

Comment

WHAT DID I MISS?!?! WHAT DID I MISS?!?!

I read the first two posts of this thread when I was about the fall asleep the other night, and then I just abandoned it until now when I come back and there's a full out juniors clique. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So, what IS the juniors clique? Can I join? Is it safe? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] (PS Ponyperson: If I weren't 16, you'd be mine ... muhahahaha).

Well anyone, I'm confuzzled. Someone care to enlighten me on what this particular clique is all about? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Will it take over UJUMP? Regalmeans, should I worry?

**Erin**
          My horse he saves my butt a lot. Therefore, I kiss his.
          Erin B #1
          erinbardwell.com

Comment

It can be UJUMPC Erin B...and yes you may join. And I already called ponyperson if he were 16 LOL. But he's not, so we'll just have to keep searching.
            -Katie-
            http://community.webshots.com/user/cucumper

Comment

I play softball! LOL Not that I'm any good or anything, but I still play! (I'm catcher)

I'm also in band. Yes, I am a band nerd. Laugh all you want.

Ponyperson I will email you...tonight. I am very sad because no one has been emailing me lately, so you better write me back (and make me feeled loved) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I had my first lesson in about a month today, but then realized that I still won't have a show until July!!! Oh well, it will probably take that long to get my confidence back up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] (By the way, anyone know any confidence builders for a poor rider who has fallen off 3 times in a month because her stupid horse decided he "doesn't want to jump anymore"? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] )

Comment

spaz, I had that problem last year. Try 7 times in one show season. NOT FUN! The only rememdy I found was to buy a new horse -- sorry. I had no confidence in my horse so he had no confidence in me. If i doubted him, he'd doubt me, and it would just keep spiraling and i'd keep falling off. So I bought a new horse who doesn't know the word stop and my confidence is completely back. I don't think there is a way to regain confidence when you are on a horse you don't trust. If you can't trust your horse, it's hard to trust yourself.
                What about having your trainer get on your horse for a few tune-ups to get his confidence back up, while you get on a schoolmaster or something very confident to get your confidence back up. Might want to give it a try.

Don't feel bad about band -- I'M IN A FREAKIN CHOIR!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
                -Katie-
                http://community.webshots.com/user/cucumper

Comment

• Original Poster

Haha, I'm in choir, our "spring concert" is next week, I dunno any of the songs, and I dunno what my solo part is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] So confused! I played soccer last fall, and I'm doing varsity next year, it works out great, cuz they need a new goalie(their's is graduating) so I'll fit right in there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] And I'm a cheerleader in the winter, but I dont know if I'll have time next year....I'm just doing track this spring to keep in shape.... Can you tell I'm post happy?
                  Hay don't worry, my horse has decided not to show now! 2 weeks ago it was his mouth sores, then he went lame last Thursday, and he still is....This will be 3 weeks of not showing....Weird little horse of mine. At least I got to catchride last weekend.....
                  Anyways.....
                  ttyl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*~Kris~*
                  "True madness can only be achieved through a state of complete sanity"
                  -----
                  This is not a true story
                  -----

Comment

JumpTheMoon... hun... I know. But you're Canadian and I'm Floridian. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I double call. Oh grow up, ponyperson, and I mean that in the nicest of ways! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Thanks... I'm proud to be a member of, er, UJUMPC. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Welcome ErinB!
                    Thanks!
                    Please accept this brand new customized Butet as an initiation gift!
                    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
                    Man... I've really gotta lay off the Pepsi. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] HEHEHE.

**Erin**
                    My horse he saves my butt a lot. Therefore, I kiss his.
                    Erin B #1
                    erinbardwell.com

Comment

My trainer is doing tune-ups every so often, and I am selling him this year (unless we win the lottery, then he will be my moms horse). But I have to get him over 3' (yes, small for some, huge for my cow pony!) or else he ain't worth CRAP! And if we can't sell him for a good price, I can't get a good horse. It's a twisted circle I tell you.

Welcome ErinB!

Lay back girls, I already claimed ponyperson. Muahaha...(and yes, that email is on its way...after I finish this stupid English paper)

Comment

What! No shiny green show shirts as initiation gifts? Just BUTETS?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Spaz00! Now, about that Butet... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Lay back girls, I already claimed ponyperson. Muahaha... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spazzy-poo... Here's what I have to say...
                          [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] Nah nah boo boo. (this is just impeccably timed, as my real guy just got stolen from me LAST week... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] ) Don't worry Spaz and Ponyperson, I'm just kidding with y'all. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

**Erin**
                          Doo de doo de doo and goodnight! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                          Erin B #1
                          erinbardwell.com

Comment

ive been meaning to come visit the juniors here...
                            i dont see many, my school is full of abercrombie and gap-shoppers that spend ALL their money on a pair of new shoes, a shirt, or..etc
                            my horse is swollen. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] over the weekend, (who knows what happened) he didnt get very good circulation to his lower legs(in back only), and they are still all swollen(been swollen since Sunday), but today i walked (bareback) for 15 minutes, and put mineral ice on his legs. i sware, his fetlocks are/were the size of a large orange(or small grapefruit). not to mention hes all swollen up through his lower cannons. well, with our little walk-ride today, he became a bit more motivated- in his stall, he would either lay down all day and occasionally get up(to eat, etc), outside in paddock he would stand. didnt put him out in pasture, but i may.
                            yesterday i rode Oaf #1 and Oaf #2. Oaf #1, "Jet", is a used-to-be hunter who decided not to jump anymore, so hes a dressage horse. he layed on my arms the whole ride(kind of). Oaf #2 is just a slightly confused 6 yo 17.3+h Thoroughbred gelding. he is actually very sweet, just very difficult to ride- he requires a higher level of inteligence and a great amount of trust in your trainer. "Booper" is my instructor's horse, she asked me to ride him for her. hes a 17.3+h bay tb gelding, who is the son of seattle slew(may be some other big name, but i think its him- my TR has his oaf of a sister too). today, i rode "hocus", our 8yo morgan hunter-dressage mare. no jumping, but she was very energetic and got to watch a jumping lesson. those are the events for the week..... i spent monday icing cruz' legs, walking, doing little things.
                            Got Schwung?

Comment

Kellybird, silly me. I should be getting a Butet AND a shiny green show shirt!
                              And a 4 horse trailer with a dressing room, tack area, living quarters and custom colored awning!
                              And 4 junior hunters to fill it!
                              And 4 paid entry fees to the Lake Placid horse show!
                              And a 50 acre farm in Ocala!
                              And a BMW series-- whoa ok, sorry. I'll buy my own BMW. But how about the rest, huh huh? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

**Erin**
                              Erin B #1
                              erinbardwell.com

Comment

ErinB - You mean your Uncle Bill hasn't spent you all that stuff yet? Pshaw...
                                I am sorry to hear about your guy, I know how you feel! I have NEVER had a decent relationship!!! It is soooo not even funny. I have been used, cheated on, lied to, cheated WITH, etc etc. I have the worse luck with guys(you didn't read that ponyperson! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Comment

Spaz- Well Uncle Bill was very good to me these past few months, but word is right now that he's vacationing in Bermuda at the moment with his cell phone turned off. I can't reach him, boo hoo. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BTW- Well no one has worse luck than me. It's not my fault per se but the fact that I'm FREAKIN HOMESCHOOLED in the middle of nowhere and I keep my horses at home too. I have seriously lived here for nearly a year and a half (here being my new house in Nowhere, Florida) and have met like FIVE PEOPLE (my trainer, my neighbors, a couple of barn people that I never see and my trainer is currently in Pa). I GO FOR TWO MONTHS sometimes without seeing anyone but my family!!! I swear to goodness this is true. FatLilPony even knows its true since she's like my best friend but she lives 2 hours away and I never get to see her and when I do see or talk to anyone it's always her. So yeah, I haven't had a boyfriend or even a friend except FLP since I moved here. It sucks so bad I can't even say. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] I'm going crazy. I am crazy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Which explains why I post here so much.

(whoa I am sooooo sorry this shouldn't be on such a nice thread... sorry guys!)

**Erin**

[This message was edited by ErinB on Apr. 18, 2001 at 11:35 PM.]
                                  Erin B #1
                                  erinbardwell.com

Comment

ErinB, you need to come over here to Tejas and we will go guy shopping! And then when we get bored of them we'll just forget about them. LOL It's so fun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (my friends always make fun of me because I get bored easily...)

OK well you have completely changed my mind on homeschooling. I have a friend that lives in Nowhereville too, and she went to the local church and found 2 girls her age that lived one street over. I thought that was pretty cool (of course, I'm also amused way too easily...) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL Spaz, sounds good to me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Uh... I'm actually writing this to you from the airport as I wait for my plane to come in!

Yeah let's just say done the wrong way homeschooling is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!!! And I wish I could find someone that lived the next street down, but MY PARENTS ARE AFRAID I'LL BE KIDNAPPED on our deserted road and won't let me go any farther than our mailbox!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] 'Course the mailbox is 1/2 mile away, but no one except the old man with the neglected cows lives up that road.
                                      ::::::sniff::::::::

**Erin**
                                      Erin B #1
                                      erinbardwell.com

Comment

Count me in!

Comment

Welcome PaigeHortman, and would you prefer the Butet or the trailer as your initiation gift? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

**Erin**
                                          Erin B #1
                                          erinbardwell.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X