• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Aiden update.. Posted Pictures! Must end the Aiden thread. Aiden is doing excellent. THANK YOU COTH!!! (137) 1/23

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a good link from the Red Cross that gives a lot of information about the basic criteria for being a blood donor:

American Red Cross - Learn About Blood Donation

Your local blood collection agency may have slightly different rules, but this should give you a general idea.

(Be strong, Aiden... kick! kick! kick!)

Comment

• Come on, Aiden, you can do this!! You can beat this one!

So good to hear things looking up!

All I want for Christmas is for this to all work out for the best!!!

JIngle, jangle, talkin' to my angels, as well. You all are in my thoughts, constantly.
      "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Comment

• Still praying constantly for Aiden and his family - your strength gives me strength.

Blood donations - I am an every 8wk donor. Yeh it's not the most fun thing to do, but what more can you give then the gift of life. If you've never donated, do it - you'll feel wonderful for it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

*Ride and let ride...*
        *Ride and let ride...*

Comment

• Just talked to Lisa--she is sitting in the PICU waiting room with tackpud (I told her I was very jealous since she got to go back and see him) ANYWAY--the good news is--Aiden is no longer yellow--at all! Lisa said he is pale as a ghost with pink lips and rosy cheeks!!!!!!

He is also having to receive paltelets by transfusion--Lisa is checking into how to donate blood for Aiden but the others are right in that you can help out by donating anywhere and boosting the supply!

The doctor's are being CAUTIOUSLY optimistic--Lisa and I know that this liver is going to work--no doubts--we both feel he has turned a corner and will keep fighting--we just have to get that fluid dissiapated for now.

He is also being ultrasounded as we speak to check the blood flow through the portal vein and the liver. As soon as she calls with the results I'll post them.

You guys are awesome--WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!

Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"
          Proud Member of Wood Hill Farm who's motto is "I'm not going sober!"

Comment

• I have been silently following this thread for some time now... and I can't control myself any longer.

GO AIDEN GO! C'mon little guy you can do it!

Half of Riding is 30% mental ... no wonder there are so many bad riders [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

• I too have been following this with a constant stream of happy tears!

To the family who gave the greatest gift-my deepest condolances and hearfelt thanks.

To Aiden, Lisa and Joey-you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Keep fighting little man! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
              Funbonnets.com

Comment

• You can do it Aiden!!!! Jingle, jingle, jingle.

Don't take life so seriously...it's not permanent.
                Hindsight bad, foresight good.

Comment

• GOOOOOOOOOO LIVER!!!!! Yipeeee!

I bet he looks fabulous in pink.
                  \"If mamma ain\'t happy, ain\'t nobody happy\"

Comment

• Pink is your color, Aiden! And Knowonder-woman, solid gold is yours!!
                    Joan S.
                    Thoroughbreds in Motion
                    Those Old Grand Prix Photos, Vol. II

Comment

• go liver!
                      go liver!
                      go liver!
                      yea liver!!!
                      [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

• I am type A-Blood, young and I have a great immune system!! I always donate blood and it is about time to do it again. I would love to help! I wish so bad I could come down there. I am completly familyless for christmas anyway...might as well spent it in a place I know there is plenty of love~~

**Courtney**

"I may not agree with what someone has to say, but I will die for their right to say it" every American

[This message was edited by Court@HJ-OH on Dec. 23, 2002 at 10:33 AM.]

Comment

• I absolutely BELIEVE Aiden is going to the upstairs room IN THE HOSPITAL and plan to send a card and whatever else is permissible.

Is it possible/ a good idea to send a card to the family of the child whose liver gave Aiden his chance?

I know we have talked about acknowledging them and their child...I also know that they may not want strangers to intrude on their grief..

As for the news this morning...this is going to be a roller-coaster for a bit longer--after all, this isnt a simple surgery-- but, ahem,

GO BABY AIDEN

GO GO GO!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY LIVER!
                          one oak, lots of canyons

http://horsesportnews.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Go Baby Aiden! You are a wild little man! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
                            I have a huge problem when it comes to giving blood..it makes me so violently sick... I almost always pass out. Plus I just got a tattoo a few months ago so i'm not eligible... However, My school has a blood drive every year and I am a HUGR volunteer for it!
                            I can't wait for more updates!
                            ~Steph

*Tapestry* 2000 Dutch WB mare by Contango
                            *Desperado* 1998 Dutch/TB gelding by Glendale
                            *Blazin' Magic* 2000 Welsh/TB gelding by Hollering Hills Little Prince
                            Originally posted by JSwan
                            Prove it....Otherwise, you're just coming off as a whackjob.
                            Founding member of the "Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine" Clique

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kryswyn:
                              Ditto all the folks who said "I'm not the praying type", but after this latest round of Roller Coaster Riding I felt it was time to get out the personal Angels. So I asked my Dad (d: 11/4/86) and Mom (d:3/17/92) to go stay by Aiden. I told them that he was sick and needed their strength. I told them that they had been great parents to me and Aiden had great parents. I told them Aiden needed Lisa and Joey the way I'd needed them. I have no Idea what Aiden's room looks like, but I can tell you folks there are a bunch of angels there. I had a very clear picture of a crowded room, filled with young and old, of all colors and sexes. They are there for Aiden. And all of them (who knew they all rode?) were saying the same thing:_KICK ON AIDEN! KICK ON!!_

~Kryswyn~
                              "Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kryswyn, what a wonderful thought.

Thank you.

"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."
                              -Louisa May Alcott
                              "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

Comment

• You are busting through these obstacles with ease, you keep going!

I have A+ blood and donate every few months (our building has a blood drive every few months so it's easy for me to go on a lunch hour and last time I just had to have that George Foreman grill). Would love to donate just for Aiden if and when he needs it.

I am also an organ donor and when the time comes that my organs can be used, well I will be in heaven (or wherever God has me going) cheering on the recipients like mad!

Okay Aiden so remember kick butt with that pneumonia don't let those nasty pneumonia bugs come close to you, show your mommy and daddy what you are made of.

I am at work and this screen will be up all day. Praying for you to get off the ventilator and into that upstairs room. Praying for Lisa and Joey to keep their strength.

Thank you Eqchick, Knowonder (and tackpud, I am so jealous too! but thanks) -- Thanks to all of you for being the point people for everyone on this thread. I have had such a headache because I am so worried; but I am so damn happy too at the same time. Still praying very hard. Love and kisses.

Comment

• Go Aiden go!!!!!!!

Oh this is so exciting... I've got all my digits crossed, my toes crossed, and both my pelham chains jingling constantly. And I'll wear my rythym beads today when I ride, too. WOOHOOOO!!!

**and people say gov't employees are useless... HA!**
                                  "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Comment

• This is the most wonderful gift- NO question from GOD himself.

I am sure Pink will be your favorite color from now on Lisa!!

Aiden- We all LOVE you and are PRYAING for you. You deserve a LONG life. You have so many friends and loved ones pulling for you. The worst is over. You have made it!! Wait till we get to squeeze those little pink cheeks!!!!

Happy holiday's- I am sure this one will be the most wonderful of them all- even if the most stressful, it will be the one most remembered and appreciated. The gift of life is unreplacable- you have been given that gift. What a blessing.

Cherish every day.

www.GoldenVentureFarm.com
                                    Standing: "Maxamillion" Buckskin tobinao ASB/DWB cross. No Samber lines.

Comment

• I too have been silently following this thread with tears running down my face throughout the weekend. This morning's update made my Christmas! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jingling with my fingers crossed here too!

Libby
                                      *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
                                      I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
                                      Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

Comment

• I had the most amazing dream last night.

I dreamed I was at a horse show. It was spring, one of those golden spring mornings that is just warm, but not too warm. The sun was very bright, and glinting off the coats of all the stunning horses who were prancing to and from the arenas.

But the horses weren't my focus at this show. I was walking with purpose up a hill to where a large group of people were gathered. The group seemed to grow larger as I made my way up the hill, and the hill seemed to take so, so long to climb. As I got closer, I could hear soft laughter, and I could see bright tears glinting in the sunlight.

I didn't recognize a single face, but when I arrived the group took my hands and gathered me into its tight circle, and I felt so much love and caring among them. And then I could see the focal point of its attention. There at the center of the group was a woman and small boy of three or so.

And the woman said, "Show them your tummy...can you show them the place where doctors put in extra love and strength when you were just a little baby?"

And the boy, amazingly comfortable to be being stared at by so many pairs of eyes, grinned and pulled his shirt up to show the place where doctors had put in all our love and strength.

I woke up smiling.

Fight Aiden, fight hard.

Emily
                                        "It's not a perfect world....But it's still good to be alive! If you don't know by now, you'll probably never understand the way it feels to wanna live....One Perfect Moment!!"

Comment

• ALL the time! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Keep up the great work, Mr Liver! We are all rooting for you!

In the words of Steven Tyler..."Pink is my favorite color..."

Comment

Working...
                                          X