• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Aiden update.. Posted Pictures! Must end the Aiden thread. Aiden is doing excellent. THANK YOU COTH!!! (137) 1/23

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Beezer put it beautifully, Lisa, how many of us feel, especially over the Holiday Season. I know my Mom and I shall continue to keep your family, Dublin and others in our daily prayers. Here is wishing that we all never meet under such circumstances ever again, but it was a very good thing to be a small part of something so much bigger these last few months. Kiss Aiden for us, and Joey, and the grandparents, and YOU! God with God. And Happy Trails. One request. When that cavalcade begins for Lead Line Classes, you MUST post your itinerary so that those of us who can, can stop by and visit!!!
    much love and a big hug, June
    \"The world\'s greatest achievements often happen on the edge of chaos\"

Comment

• For every ending there is a beginning.

Thank you, Lisa, for knowing when to pass the torch. Can't wait to meet you all!

Robby

"Don't mince words, don't be evasive
      Speak your mind, be persuasive"
      Madonna
      When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

Comment

• Echoing Bentley <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am so happy for WHY this thread can be closed. It is wonderful to see his cute little pink cheeks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will keep in my mind the beautiful image of Aiden asleep in his wagon!

I look forward to hearing of the little, so very important, things in life. First steps, his favorite book (get him Misty and plan a trip to Chincoteague!), etc.

Best of everything to you and your family. Aiden IS the biggest gift of all.

Friendship is Love without his wings
        -Lord Byron
        "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Comment

• Soar on ......Baby Aiden ....... Soar On !!!!
          Know that you all will remain in our thoughts and prayers and that we are all proud to have jingled our way into your lives!
          The best of everything to all of you.
          Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction!
          Pine Meadow Farm
          www.kingandminchinbuckingstock.com

Comment

• Cannot think of a BETTER reason to close a thread!

Thank you for sharing and for letting us be a part of your story, Hawk family. It is so great to *be there* and see that beautiful smiling face!

On to bigger and better things, little one!!!

Comment

• and thank you for a most special Christmas season....

FlightCheck
              ~whose ponies are standing in line to be lead-liners when the time comes~

Comment

• wow... getting the the point that the Aiden thread can be closed is quite a way to enter in the New Year. I hope the Hawk family continues to touch every human being as much as they have touched us here at COTH.
                We loff you
                Best of luck with Aidens speedy recovery!
                Lisa and Joey- you guys are warriors and an inspiration to everyone.

Comment

• Lisa, you look so just-plain-HAPPY in that last photo! And I don't need to mention how great Aiden looks. I'm so happy for you all. God bless and please do keep us posted now and again!

"If you think your hairstyle is more important than your brain, you're probably right." Wear a helmet!
                  Kelly
                  Bonnie
                  Gwen
                  Click here before you buy.

Comment

• Those pink cheeks just did me in! I'm so happy for your wonderful family, Lisa. You've all been a real inspiration to us, and I, for one, feel I'm a better person for having accomapnied you (very quietly, but I've been here) in this struggle to help your darling baby have a healthy life.

I shed tears for the family who lost their precious child and gave you the liver that saved your child's life. I hope that somehow they know that Aiden is well because of their selfless donation.
                    Donald Trump - proven liar, cheat, traitor and sexual predator! Hillary Clinton won in 2016, but we have all lost.

Comment

• RolexH, I haven't posted to the Aiden threads, but I have read the news on your wonder boy every day. I got chills and teary eyed looking at the recent pictures. I am so happy for all of you and wish you continued good luck and health. You've all gone through more than anyone should have to. I wish I could make it to your party. Post pictures.
                      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Comment

• We will miss you Aiden! I guess, our job is done and we must move on. I really am going to miss this thread. There was so much love, thought, prayers and caring here, I hate to see it end. I will send you photos of the wicker basket soon!!! Good luck, to the WHOLE Hawk family!

Home to the stallions Zillionair, Billionair, Issue of Gold, Gold Card, and Pure White Gold.
                        http://www.norsire.com
                        Realtor RE/MAX Renaissance, Million Dollar Club

Comment

• I've thought about the fact of this thread fading onto page 2, and then page 3, and onward to the archives. I welcome that because it means the pressure's off, the times of intense worry are *behind* us, and the outcome has been the best! But I will miss it, as well. It HAS been a wonderful experience to share this with you all, to get to know the Hawks--such *admirable* people!--and to have been a small part of this wonderful outcome, even just as a "spectator".

So, a happy and sad goodbye to the thread.

Onward to jingling for Dublin, and others in need that follow.
                          "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Comment

• I couldn't say it any better than Beezer, but ...

It has truly been a privilege to share Aiden's journey for these past few month through the good times and the hard times. We have all probably become better people for the experience.
                            Your crazy is showing. You might want to tuck that back in.

Comment

• What awesome news. It's onward and upward from here, Aiden.

Comment

• Just wanted to post one last time that you, Aiden and your family will remain in my thoughts and jangles.

So glad everything has gone well for our little fighter and that you can end this thread with a happy heart!!
                                www.sandbarequinetransport.com

Proud member of the ILMD[FN]HP and Bull Snap Haters Cliques

Comment

• Oh that SMILE!!! He looks absolutely wonderful!!! I haven't been able to check in because of my computer going nuts for the last week. Please do continue to send us news of his recovery (and pics). If you don't I will have serious Aiden withdrawls (as I'm sure many others will)! ~God Bless you~ You will always be in my thoughts and prayers!

Roar, baby...Roar! "Your in the arms of the angels...won't you find some comfort there."
                                  Love, thoughts, prayers and jingles~
                                  Natalie

"A horse is a horse of course of course"...This person obviously never met MY horse!

www.kimballphotography.smugmug.com
                                  ~*~Mom of the wonderful Nikolas aka \"Niko\"~*~
                                  **Proud member of The Colorful blinb-bling helmet, SCgirls, BGSGand the EquinePhotog (do we have one yet?) cliques**

Comment

• God is so good! I am so happy for your family and I look forward to hearing about all the wonderful things that will happen as Aiden grows up as a healthy little boy into a young man.

Aiden, your parents love you so much, and I love you too

Comment

• And yes, thank you! For sharing your plight with us with all it's ups and downs.

It's sad to see the thread go but what a fabulous reason!

Be sure to take lots of pictures at that party in February for those us who cannot come!!!

Jennifer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is nothing so grand as to fly on the back of a horse!
                                      ~* Be kind to one another *~

Comment

• Hooray!!! I am SO HAPPY this thread is being closed, because that means your beautiful baby is healthy and ready to start his new life.

Thank you, Lisa and Joey, for sharing Aiden's story with us. You've brought a huge group of people together and really proved the power of prayers, good wishes, and curb chain jingles You've been such a source of bravery, grace, and inspiration to us all - I marveled at your courage in every post. I hope that if I'm ever faced with a situation one iota as tough as what you guys have gone through, I have the same amount of strength and grace that you've showed throughout this whole ordeal.

And, of course, thanks to that wonderful family who had the kindness and generosity to give the gift of life to others despite their own unimaginable loss. I hope one day they get to meet that wonderful pink-cheeked baby to whom they gave a second chance at life.

Way to go, baby Aiden!! We all knew you could do it!
                                        "These are my principles. If you do not like them, I have others." --Groucho Marx

Comment

• I've never posted on this thread but I have been following it for a few months now...every morning when I get to work, the first thing that I do is check to see how Aiden is doing!

RolexH-- I just wanted to echo the sentiments of all the others who have posted here-- your strength is truly inspirational. The ups and downs that you have shared with us have brought tears to my eyes (more than once!) and through it all you and your family have been so brave and filled with hope. It's amazing, and it truly puts life (and what's important) into perspective.

I am so happy that Aiden is doing well and I will continue to keep him (and all of you!) in my prayers. Please keep us updated with his progress!

Thank you for sharing your experiences...and for showing us what truly matters!

Becca

p.s. Those pictures are adorable! I love the big rosy cheeks!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X