• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Question for Canter

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Original Poster

Okey-doke. Here's my other stallion pick.

Cheaper, not proven, though his sire is among my favourite horses.

http://www.charlotfarm.com/futurist.htm

What's the breed of the broodmare Jamie Lynn? You throwing her in as part of the dowry darling?

BTW people, only 33 pages to go. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Now here is another stallion w/ a big jump
      http://www.rainbowequus.com/images/Lkfreejump0001.jpg
      Nice front legs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

• Original Poster

Hey Doubletake, who's the stallion? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Hanoverian stallion "Landkonig" I think...I'll see if I can find the site on him later.

Comment

Thanks Tin!! I am know in the process of wiping coffee off my computer screen. After the snow we had hear last night it was very timely.

I only hope by the time I get home tonight I have a cook instead.

On another note, I might be set free long enough to come home in the next few weeks for a visit. I can't wait. I have visions of timmies dancing in my head.

Comment

heidi- http://www.rainbowequus.com/landkonig.html
              That's who that nice guy is! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

The mare is a TB (16.3), by Strike a Chord, and the reason that I bought her was because her first foal was a 16.1+++ HH as a 2yr old STUNNING INDIVIDUAL!!!!!!! The 2 that I have out of her are AWESOME (Mandarin was the daddy). I think this mare would make a great cross with a WB or a QH... She throws size temperament, and awesome movers... I guarantee the 2 that I have will be at least 17 HH...

Do I HAVE to wear an orange toque at the wedding??? It clashes with my complexion!!!!LOL

PS--check out my "crap" thread to see another Mandy kid...

Comment

• Original Poster

Doubletake, thanks for the link. Checked it out, drooled, and I'm machinating. Poor Hans, while he's at work, darling wife sits, surfs and books frozen semen. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Lankonig's now on my list.

Jamie Lynn, sweetness, not only will you have to wear an orange toque but Sorel boots and thong panties under your Vera Wang Mother-of-the-Bride gown. BTW, think I'm gonna stop by for a visit on our next trip to New York to check out your mares of the equine and human variety - not to mention the dowry zamboni.

Comment

from the boarder, and already have a pair of Sorrel's!!!!!!!

Comment

• Original Poster

OMG, you don't live in Buffalo do you? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

If that's the case, I may have to reconsider Sumo toddler's upcoming nuptials to your beast child citing bad geographic karma. I am NOT allowing my beloved last emperor to live in the land of Irv Weinstein!

Comment

Well, I'm always up for a challenge (especially when I should be doing homeowrk instead).

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Love the blond jokes. To contribute my share; How do you know a blond's been on the computer? Someone left cheese for the mouse. The Classic: What's the difference between a blond and cheez whiz? Cheez Whiz has personality. (punch line must be sung to the same tune as the commercial which featured that as their slogan)

Long one, but funny: A woman decides to redecorate her house, so she gets a painter over to look at it. They walk into the kitchen, and the woman says "I want this room yellow". The painter nods, then walks over to a window, sticks her head out and yells "green side up!" The woman is puzzled, but decides to ignore it.

Next, they go into the dining room. "I want this room grey". The painter nods, then walks over to a window and again yells out "green side up!" By now, the poor homeowner is extremely confused, but she ignores it again, and walks into the living room.

"I want this room blue" she says. The painter nods, then calls once more "green side up!" The woman decides she has had enough. "What on earth are you doing?" she asks. The painter apologizes "I'm sorry" she replies, "but I have a crew of blonds laying sod across the street".

Well, that's all for now. I'll check back frequently...glad to see we're being s*** disturbers again, it was getting boring on here! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I survived grocery shoping but just barely!! Geese some of those people are evil with their carts, I was smashed in the shin twice *son of a #$^^& hurt!* and cut off so many times I lost count. Not to mention someone stole my bananas out of my cart *humph*

Rode beast #2 tonight (Reggie) and he was EXCELLENT! He was like butter, I couldn't have been happier. We even got a compliment from the "dressage queen" of the barn (dub by the dressage riders, not me) I think I should get an award for that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

joke: (care of JB)

What's the difference between a Northern Fairytale and a Southern
                          Fairytale?

A Northern Fairytale begins "once upon a time" and
                          a Southern Fairytale begins "y'all ain't gonna believe this sh!t".
                          ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

Comment

• Original Poster

Be afraid, be very afraid. Tin, I got that exact joke emailed to me this morning by a friend whose initials are RH. You don't know this smutty individual do you? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

First Elton/Eminem, onto Steely Dan, the coincidences are eerie! You're not one of my BB alters are you?

Comment

Just wanted to throw this guy into the mix, especially since he is so close to both you and Jaime Lynn
                              http://205.163.41.2/scripts/hrsdetl.exe?947206231&0
                              Imported by Spruce Meadows, loves to jump, has lovely ground manners and he is a true black.

And, I'm not at all prejudiced, just because he is in the barn I board at lol.
                              If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.
                              Desmond Tutu

Comment

Louise- that's a nice horse!
                                Another stallion- looks well in this picture: http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_ad.ph...horse_id=73565

Comment

Someone hold me! I'm scared!!! Heidi, could it be? could I be your alter? Stranger things have happened, ya know. Ever seen fight club? I'd be your Brad Pitt, hmmm that wouldn't be too bad actually [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
                                  If I am your alter, just a reminder you have a floor plan due next monday and you should get cracking on that model. Oh and you have a lesson on Tin tomorrow [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Noppers, I don't happen to know any RH's, not off hand anyways (I appologise profoundly if I do and just can't remeber).

not a joke, but a riddle. If anyone knows the answer please tell me, it's been bugging me for a year now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

HERE IS A RIDDLE

There are three words in the English language that end in "gry". ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses them everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third word.

What is it?________gry?

Comment

Now I will lie awake until I remember the answer to that riddle. I have heard it before, and I used to know the answer. But I forget! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Wahhhhhhhhh. What is it? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] I don't know! Grrrr, I will soon find out. Please out my mind at rest!

Comment

• Original Poster

Hehehehe. The word is tin-gry from the Latin, tinageronoasum, def. to feel exceptionally stressed and excited simultaneously; as in, "I get really tingry whenever I think of schooling my horse and spitting out yet another floor plan". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

"Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."

This is the original wording of the riddle...it's been twisted over the years to something like the version that Tin gave us. Does this make it any easier? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
                                        I'm not one to say I toadaso. But I toadaso. - Ricky

Comment

By george she's got it!! Heidi you are a genious!!!! Tingry, man it totally slipped my mind and I use that word so very often [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Sorry MissD, but when/if you think of it let us know, I have a big group of people waiting in anticipation [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Let's see, need another joke..... o.k here's another blonde joke, an oldy but goody [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

One day a blonde woman named Sally finally got tired of everyone
                                          assuming she was stupid because of her hair color. She decided to
                                          go to the hairdressers and have her hair dyed brown.

Feeling quite proud of her new look she decided to go for a drive
                                          in the country. After a while she came upon a shepherd. Trying to
                                          test out her new look she walked over to him and asked, "If I can
                                          guess how many sheep you have may I take one for a reward?"

The shepherd thought that she would never guess the exact number
                                          of sheep, so he took her bet and let her try. Amazingly she
                                          guessed 98, the exact number of sheep he owned.

Feeling rather good about herself, she picked up her reward and
                                          started walking back to her car. Before she got there the
                                          shepherd tapped her on the shoulder.

"If I can guess your natural hair color, can I have my dog back?"

Comment

Working...
                                          X