• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Best Of 2000 - BB Style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone posts a Homophobic comment and I get chided for calling them a bigot? This is not a funny subject or a joke about make believe events! Were posts attackign Kelsey deleted on the threads concerning the "Mexican's speaking English?"" Why because you take that seriously! If that is the attitude of Chronicle staff then maybe the Human rights Campaign here in D.C, needs to be made aware of the Chronicle's attitudes.
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

Comment

Oh, I feel for the poor moderators already. Can't we all just GET ALONG PLEASE ??? Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Okay, now to start nominating...
      Erin B #1
      erinbardwell.com

Comment

Great topic! Here's my take on a few of them:

Most Humorous Thread: 'Most Embarassing Moments', both horse and non-horse related

Dead Horse Award: Towerheads/KK, Bush vs. Gore

Hall of Shame Award: Chain Nosebands, Moesha and the Mexicans

Most Informative Members: Pwynn, Snowbird, Weatherford, Portia, CTT

Best Motivational Member: CTT

Most Humorous Member: Heidi

Best Bud You Met From the BB: bumpkin, CWP and Shiloh

Best Lurker-turned-Poster: CTT again

Fashionplate Barbie Award: Duffy

Best Junior: Becca, wise beyond her years!
        In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
        ~~~~~
        \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
        *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

Comment

Best Thread (Overall): Probably the "Let's Meet" or... gosh, I don't know!

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!): The National Horse Show one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] *sniff*

Most Humorous Thread: Anything to do with quiches or carrots, Underwear!, or the one that poor dead VA Trainer started.

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here): Ugh! HELMETS and Towerheads.

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread): Chain Nosebands [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities): Either Kelsey or Colin (no more alter egos, eh?)

Most Informative Member (horsemanship, training tips, etc.): Becca

Best Annoying Member (meant in a GOOD WAY!): Colin, I think it's going to be unanimous. This board wouldn't be the same without her!

Most Humorous Member: Colin again! Or possibly Sea Urchin (read: anyone TALKING about Sea Urchin).

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego: VA Trainer!

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member): Kelsey, Colin (she sure is popular), or any of the many alter-egos. No one seems to know anything about them.

Best Lurker-turned-Poster: Me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation): Duffy or Becca

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything: Thongs and them dang quiches

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along): Let me think... um... um...

Member most likely to call you from jail: Colin AGAIN!

Group Hug/Warm Moment: (Here's your chance to redeem yourself for making Erin's life miserable. Write something great about how much you've grown as a person/rider/horse owner by being allowed to participate in this forum. (Must be heartfelt and hella sappy!) I'll get back to this one!
          Erin B #1
          erinbardwell.com

Comment

Moesha:

"Rule #1: Be nice, be respectful, be polite. Disagreement and discussion is fine; flaming and personal attacks are not."

Name-calling is not ever welcome. Please see Jair's post for an appropriate way to respond to an upsetting comment.

Comment

Moesha,
              I read your post again and calling me a coal miners daughter and Ms. Allentown Steel. Well first I am a boy. Second my dad is not a coal miner and neither is my mom. Also I don't even live close to Allentown, and they make steel in Pittsburg. You are very immature for your age.

Ryan

Comment

Both of you... ENOUGH! Take it outside.

Comment

Someone who makes bigoted statements about others really has no place calling anyone immature.

Secondly, how do you know how old I am? So please don't make any wrong assumptions. In fact don't refer to me at all on this BB. I'll leave you alone and please stay away from me.
                  "All life is precious"
                  Sophie Scholl

Comment

Best Thread (Overall): Drunken Brawl at Raleigh

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!): Where to Get Tailored Sportmans Cheap

Best Thread-into-Action (goes to an
                    idea/recommendation/thought that actually proved to have a positive outcome): Where to Get Tailored Sportmans Cheap

Most Humorous Thread: Drunken Brawl at Raleigh

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here): definitely Towerheads!!

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread): There haven't been to many that were deleted LOL!!!

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities): TeriKessler

Most Informative Member (horsemanship, training tips, etc.): easy...DMK

Best Motivational Member: Kennett Square

Best Annoying Member (meant in a GOOD WAY!): Sea Urchin b/c he never steps up to the plate to defend himself when we try to bring him out of his cave

Most Humorous Member: 3-way tie...Moesha, Jeb and Colin

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego: VA Trainer

Best Bud You Met from the BB (objectionable content or seedy scenarios do not qualify!):
                    another easy one Duffy, AHC, DMK, Anyplace Farm, Kennett Square, Sea Urchin, Colin, BIG Hoof and Moesha

Best BB Duo: Colin and Sea Urchin....hand down

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member): poor little Kelsy

Best Lurker-turned-Poster: MAZ

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation): don't know what this means...Fashion sense would be Duffy...but I hear tell she is breaking out the rust breeches at the Barracks...check back with me in 2 weeks, may have to switch to someone else

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything: Let me see that thong th thong thong thong

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along): Any of the "Hi, I'm new" threads

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail: DUFFY!!!!

Member most likely to call you from jail: DUFFY!!!!

Meriam Webster Trophy (goes to member who has proven a mastery of the English language - spelling still does NOT count): RagsRules

William Faulkner Medal (goes to member who best uses stream-of-consciousness, rambling, disjointed posts...but in a GOOD WAY!): Anyplace Farm...great girl!!

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there): Drunken Brawl at Raleigh

Group Hug/Warm Moment: (Here's your chance to redeem yourself for making Erin's life miserable. Write something great about how much you've grown as a person/rider/horse owner by being allowed to participate in this forum. (Must be heartfelt and hella sappy!) If not for this BB - I wouldn't have met one of the greatest people I have ever come to know...Ms. Duffy. She has been a world of help to me...as have DMK and Colin when it comes to riding tips. If not for the pals I have met on this BB, I would have a permanent imprint of my head on my desk where I sleep all day long!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Great thread Jeb!!!

[This message has been edited by VTrider (edited 11-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by VTrider (edited 11-30-2000).]

Comment

Best Thread (Overall): How Colin smuggled a case into the indoor arena

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!): Where to find rust britches on sale!

Best Thread-into-Action: Helmets. I bought an approved.

Most Humorous Thread: [B]Sea Urchin needs an A/A (adult amateur or American Airlines or alcoholic?) horse

Dead Horse Award: Definitely, KK and Towerheads. Let it BE, Let it Be, Let it Be, oh, Let it Be (let's all hold hands here). Speak no words of wisdom. Let it Be-EEEE (high note)

Also, the metal pole incident.

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread): The chained noseband thread? I missed that all together. I must've been absent that day.

Best Motivational Member: Dru and is it coreene who had the bad head injury she's still fighting?

Best Annoying Member (meant in a GOOD WAY!): Rags -- How many ways to bring up the helmet issue!

Most Humorous Member: The Quiche Gang

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego: The many faces of Colin

Best Bud You Met from the BB: LucienCephus, but she moved away [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Best Lurker-turned-Poster: Didn't George post once?

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation): Why Barbie herself!

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything: Quiche

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail: PhotoEqus

Member most likely to call you from jail: Photoequs

Meriam Merriam Webster Trophy (goes to member who has proven a mastery of the English language - spelling still does NOT count): Prepositions at the end of sentences is something up with which I will not put.
                      -- Wm. Churchill

William Faulkner Medal (goes to member who best uses stream-of-consciousness, rambling, disjointed posts...but in a GOOD WAY!): CTT

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there): Middleburg. When are we going to have a get-together in the Northeast?

Best Junior: Becca

New Award
                      The Spock Award (awarded to the person, who in times of great chaos, arrives with supreme logic to clarify the whole mess):
                      Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Comment

Best Thread (Overall): Weight Issues

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!): Helmets (Dru), Rule Changes

Best Thread-into-Action (goes to an idea/recommendation/thought that actually proved to have a positive outcome): Middleburg/AIDS

Most Humorous Thread: Underwear

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here): Bush/Gore

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread): Moesha & the Mexicans

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities): Kelsy

Most Informative Member (horsemanship, training tips, etc.): DMK, Dru

Best Annoying Member (meant in a GOOD WAY!): Colin

Most Humorous Member: Moesha

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego: Yng Amateur

Best Bud You Met from the BB (objectionable content or seedy scenarios do not qualify!):

Best BB Duo: Colin and Sea Urchin

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member): Pacificsolo

Best Lurker-turned-Poster: CTT

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation): Becca

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything: Towerheads

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along): What Dog Are You?

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail: Inverness

Member most likely to call you from jail: Colin

Meriam Webster Trophy (goes to member who has proven a mastery of the English language - spelling still does NOT count): Inverness, Portia (That's why they're lawyers, right? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

William Faulkner Medal (goes to member who best uses stream-of-consciousness, rambling, disjointed posts...but in a GOOD WAY!): Anyplace Farm

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there): Mosby's

Group Hug/Warm Moment: (Here's your chance to redeem yourself for making Erin's life miserable. Write something great about how much you've grown as a person/rider/horse owner by being allowed to participate in this forum. (Must be heartfelt and hella sappy!)

Where else could I get advice on helmets and blankets AND have someone want to buy my Pariani and Newmarket boots!

[This message has been edited by Sleepy (edited 11-30-2000).]
                        'Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.'
                        - Pablo Picasso

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Everythingbutwings:

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation): Anyplace Farm!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
                          Wow! Thank you!

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sleepy:

William Faulkner Medal (goes to member who best uses stream-of-consciousness, rambling, disjointed posts...but in a GOOD WAY!): Anyplace Farm

[This message has been edited by Sleepy (edited 11-30-2000).][/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm. Thank you? And you too VTRider! But hey, at least I use paragraphs!

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Comment

Best Thread (Overall):

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!): Where ETBW is going to be with her next tailgate set up.

Best Thread-into-Action (goes to an idea/recommendation/thought that actually proved to have a positive outcome): DMK's input on taking care of OTTB's.

Most Humorous Thread: Colin and her 'Horseshows, Utah style'.

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here): I got soooooooo tired of hearing about meeting at Mosby's. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread): Well, it didn't get deleted but the Kelsy/Mexican thread was a doozie (I know, Kels...we forgive you.)

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities): Kelsy

Most Informative Member (horsemanship, training tips, etc.): DMK

Best Motivational Member: Jair has some ra-ra qualities.

Best Annoying Member (meant in a GOOD WAY!):
                              Hands down, Colin, although Moesha runs a close second, as exhibited in this thread right now.

Most Humorous Member: Colin

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego:

Duffy and VTRider...awesome connections..

Best BB Duo: Colin and one of her harem.

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member): Probably Moesha. I think he means to mean well.

Best Lurker-turned-Poster:

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation): Kennett Square for her tiara and ever-present smile.

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything: Underwear.

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along): Me, for creating the Pledge.

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail: Colin, because she would raise money for me if need be.

Member most likely to call you from jail:
                              VTRider because she knows where I live now.

Meriam Webster Trophy (goes to member who has proven a mastery of the English language - spelling still does NOT count):
                              Jair writes beautifully.

William Faulkner Medal (goes to member who best uses stream-of-consciousness, rambling, disjointed posts...but in a GOOD WAY!):
                              OK, fine, I give this to me too. But at least I do paragraphs!!

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there): Mosby's

Group Hug/Warm Moment: (Here's your chance to redeem yourself for making Erin's life miserable. Write something great about how much you've grown as a person/rider/horse owner by being allowed to participate in this forum. (Must be heartfelt and hella sappy!) Erin's pleas to get us all reined in possessed me to write the COTH BBer's Pledge. I was so inspired that I heard angels sing.

Comment

Why thank you Anyplace! I'm glad to see that all of my English classes at University have served me well [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Although I dare say my professors would be horrified to see the medium in which I do most of my writing! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
                                You Strike Me Still

Comment

Aaaaw thanks VTRider. But why did you take out he I love that kid?

Ryan

Comment

Best Thread (Overall): None

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!): None

Best Thread-into-Action (goes to an idea/recommendation/thought that actually proved to have a positive outcome): Middleburg Classic Aids fundraiser

Most Humorous Thread: Good to go and the shark club

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here): thread complaing about silly threads, helmut rules, towerheads

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread): Sea Urchins A/A horse quest

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities): Kelsey

Most Informative Member (horsemanship, training tips, etc.): Snowbird, Weaherford, Pyrnomann??,

Best Motivational Member: Jair

Anyplace farm, Vtrider, Colin, Jeb, Duffy, Sea Urchin, Erin, etc. who found nothing wrong with a homophobes post!

Most Humorous Member:Good to Go, Iequit8, Slugger, HN73

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego: Harris

Best BB Duo:Good to Go and Kennett Square's Hair!!

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member): That thing from Utah!

Best Lurker-turned-Poster:None

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation):Northeast

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything: Self righteousness from people who really do not have a clue about showing hunters and jumpers.

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along): Middleburg Classic

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail:None

Member most likely to call you from jail:None

Meriam Webster Trophy (goes to member who has proven a mastery of the English language - spelling still does NOT count): UP&Coming

William Faulkner Medal (goes to member who best uses stream-of-consciousness, rambling, disjointed posts...but in a GOOD WAY!):Pinkpanther

Shoulda Been There Award (goes to scenario that you missed, but was recounted in such wonderful detail, it made you sorry you weren't there): Mosby's party

Group Hug/Warm Moment: (Here's your chance to redeem yourself for making Erin's life miserable. Write something great about how much you've grown as a person/rider/horse owner by being allowed to participate in this forum. (Must be heartfelt and hella sappy!) None

[/B][/QUOTE]
                                    "All life is precious"
                                    Sophie Scholl

Comment

Oooh another opportunity to rant under the guise of filling out a survey....

Here goes:

Best Thread (Overall):
                                      -Gore Vs. Bush - it was illuminating, most informative, occassionally funny and scared the bejesus out of me. Did provide, however, great insight into the American populace;

Most Informative Thread (horse related, of course!):
                                      -The most recent posts by Pwynnorman and Snowbird on proposed rule changes;

Best Thread-into-Action (goes to an idea/recommendation/thought that actually proved to have a positive outcome):
                                      -Colin's BB Aids' drive;

Most Humorous Thread:
                                      -Oh no doubt about that one, Dog Park Etiquette; though Canter and Jair's nationalistic pride did provide many hours of amusement;

Dead Horse Award (goes to thread topic that was rehashed way too much, should be banished for next year and NOT to be reopened here):
                                      -Gore vs. Bush for all the reasons noted above;

Hall of Shame Award (goes to best deleted thread):
                                      -Grooms...

Most Improved Poster (goes to anyone who has improved deportment and exhibited redeemable qualities):
                                      -Anyplace Farm and Kelsy;

Most Informative Member (horsemanship, training tips, etc.):
                                      -DMK, Weatherford, Snowbird, LCR Scott

Best Motivational Member:
                                      -is 'motivational' a euphemism for 'incite to riot?'...Colin, Moesha, Anyplace Farm...this list could go on.

-hands down, the ever lovely and amusing Colin;

Most Humorous Member:
                                      -Jeb, DMK, Anyplace Farm, Canter, Jair, Quinn, Slugger; again there are many on this BB who should be writing standup;

Most Sorely Missed Alter-ego:
                                      -havaklu;

-Canter, LCR Scott, and MAZ (in previous life);

Best BB Duo:
                                      -our very own Peaches n Herb -- Colin and Sea Urchin, KS and Sea Urchin, Jeb and DMK, Anyplace Farm and it seems EVERYONE;

Rodney Dangerfield Lifetime Achievement Award (goes to most maligned and misunderstood member):
                                      -Kelsy, Colin and, of course, Erin;

Best Lurker-turned-Poster:
                                      -MAZ and Quinn;

Fashionplate Barbie Award (needs no explanation):
                                      -Kelsy

Best recurring annoying topic that has nothing to do with anything:
                                      -the ever-so-memorable Thong thread in its various incarnations;

Kumbaya Award (goes to thread where everyone actually got along):
                                      -80 days till Christmas;

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail:
                                      -tie between Quinn and LCR Scott;

Member most likely to call you from jail:
                                      -Snowbird and Canter

Meriam Webster Trophy (goes to member who has proven a mastery of the English language - spelling still does NOT count):
                                      -Jeb and DMK;

William Faulkner Medal (goes to member who best uses stream-of-consciousness, rambling, disjointed posts...but in a GOOD WAY!):
                                      -Moesha and Snowbird;

Group Hug/Warm Moment:
                                      -This BB is uniquely nutty, informative, enraging, baffling and heartening. And sad to say but I prefer the virtual company of many of you to the in-your-face company of others in my 'real' life -- mostly my mother in law but Jair's gonna have a talk with her soon so we'll see [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img].

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moesha:

Member you would most likely call to bail you out of jail:None

Member most likely to call you from jail:None

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Moesha, I would bail you out long before I would take a collect call from Mr. Wings! I even have an up and coming bay TB to set you upon. I am hurt. No one calls, no one sees beyond my picnic basket. (I would bake a cake with a file in it for you)

I can guarantee I would not disturb your night before the show slumber with a desperate call to rescue me! No male other than a horse has ever saved my a** yet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
                                        "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Comment

I would rescue you Wings!! Especially if you drop your long hair down from the tower so I can climb up!
                                          You Strike Me Still

Comment

Working...
                                          X