• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Goodbye, sweet Dublin (update p. 25, Dublin has crossed the bridge; update for details on funeral on page 32.)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts and prayers are with dublin and her family.

**Member of the Ocularly Challenged Equine Support Group**

Comment

• dear Dave, thank you for sharing DeeDee with us. and please accept my heartfelt sympathy and condolences..
      Dear Dublin, up you go, girl.. please kiss my Bobby for me.
      xoxo
      Gail
      A Fine Romance. April 1991 - June 2016. Loved forever.

Comment

• David, thank you for your update. I'm so sorry for your loss, but at the same time happy that Dublin is no longer in pain nor is she suffering in any way. She has so many friends (introduced by their loved ones on this BB) to meet her over the bridge - what a party they will have! And Lord Helpus, I love your story. I'm sure it was Dublin helping you along!

On a "coincidental" note, the hospital where Dublin died is the same hospital where my friend was admitted on Friday after her water broke (7 weeks early!!).

I don't know if it is appropriate to ask this or not, but I would imagine that those of us in the Bay Area would be interested in attending services. Coreene, will you be coming up? Dave or Coreene, if you have any details, feel free to email me at sculligan@mobiusvc.com. I'd love to come say goodbye to a wonderful woman.

"Both rider and horse must enjoy the work. This is the essence of success" - Reiner Klimke
        My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord Helpus:
          Thank you God fort giving Dublin a peaceful passing. I wrote a message to her last night, but then did not post it because just the writing of it seemed to be enough. But it is almost freaky, now that I have seen David's post about her passing.

Last night, I wrote that I was showing a baby green horse today in Ocala, who I had not jumped around a course since last August. I asked Dublin to come "ride with me" and give me the benefit of her talent.

Today, I entered the ring for my first class shortly after 11AM. As I got on, I silently said, "OK DeeDee, let's go, girl". And each time as I re-entered the ring for the next round (4 in all) I surrepticiously patted my shoulder and said, "OK DeeDee, 8 more spots; I can do it with you riding with me."

Beyond all my expectations (even all my dreams), we were Champion!

Then I come back to the board tonight and find out that DeeDee passed on shortly before I walked into the ring for the first round.

This may sound spooky, but, I JUST KNOW that she was with me, helping me find spots and ride better than I knew how.

Way to go, DeeDee --- Thanks for your help. I hope you had as much fun as I did! I am sorry you did not get to ride again in this world but we had a helluva show today, didn't we? I show again next week and you had better be there to ride with me again. I need you!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Proud Member Of The I Loff Starman Babies, Sunnieflax and Horse Boxes Cliques" Bora Da
          http://community.webshots.com/user/cotswoldjr
          http://temp.hillcresttrainingnet.off...m/default.aspx
          [url]
          Starman Babies

Comment

• Oh my god.. I cant stop crying.. i didnt even know this woman nor did she know me.. but im so upset over this.. Wherever you are Dublin, I know you are riding like you know you can and enjoying life over the bridge..

~*From Terri*~
            ~*From Terri*~

Comment

• Lord Helpus-

When I read that post, my stomach flipped. Things like that don't just happen out of coincidence, I'm sure dublin was watching over you.

Comment

• To Dublins Family, I never met Dublin, but always enjoyed her on line, I am so sorry for your grief, I can undertand it first hand, my 46 year old cousin passed away this past November, again a death from cancer... its a horrible disease, hopefully we can do something to spur on research....

Comment

• She was such a sweet person. She would email me from time to time, and was so thoughtful and concerned about horse welfare. I will keep her alive in my thoughts.

Does anyone know that Emmy Lou Harris song "All My Tears"? It reminds me of her. I played it today and cried.

(Back to lurkerdom but I had to post this.)

Perturbed aka
                  The Former MargaretF

Comment

• My deepest condolences to Dave, Dee Dee's family and friends.

While I watched my horses trotting through the snow at the barn today, I thought of Dublin.

She left this world all too soon, but what an adventure she had while here, she lived life to the fullest.

Dee Dee, we will miss you, and your spirit will be here with us, always!
                    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

Comment

• Friday at about 2:30 pm Central time, I was on my way to pick up my daughter from school and the song "Superman", by Five for Fighting came on. At that time I didn't know DD had passed, but I just started to bawl. Even now thinking of her...&lt;&lt;OMG&gt;&gt;...it's just so sad.

Comment

• I am so sorry. I feel as though I lost a member of my own family and in a way I realize now that I did...This is a poem I read at my grandmothers funeral and once again I find it fitting for the moment.
                        "The Measure of a Woman"
                        Not-How did she die? But how did she live?
                        Not-What did she gain? But-What did she give?
                        These are the units that measure the worth
                        Of a woman as a woman, regardless of birth.
                        Not- What was her station? But Had she a heart?
                        And-How did she play her GOD given part?
                        Was she ever ready with a word of good cheer?
                        To Bring back a smile? Or banish a tear?
                        Not-What was her shrine? Nor-what was her creed?
                        But-Had she befriended those really in need?
                        Not-What was her way?
                        But-How many were sorry when she passed away?
                        For she left a good name that will always remain.
                        "Author Unknown"
                        Rest in Peace our darling Dublin. May the rides over the Rainbow Bridge be forever wonderful. My own Tommy will be there for repeated rides. Please tell him I love him......
                        For your family...
                        I cannot say anything that will bring comfort but remember.
                        God has another lovely angel and our darling Dublin will watch over all foever....

"I am not deaf! I'm ignoring you!"
                        "God took a hand of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it and created the horse"
                        \"I am not deaf! I\'m ignoring you!\"
                        \"God took a hand of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it and created the horse\"

Comment

• My deepest sympathies to David and her family and all that knew and loved sweet Dee Dee...

I just know there's one more angel in heaven taking care of all those we have loved and lost.

"We will not agree to war, unless you have spent the same amount of money first seeking peace" - anonymous
                          I\'m old enough to know better, yet young enough to get away with it.

Comment

• Oh, geez.

What a wonderful, graceful, elegant life.

My condolences to those who knew her.

Comment

• Like many others I did not know Dublin, but my heart goes out to her family and loved ones. May there be peace in your hearts knowing she is finally home.

Proud owner of Wishes and Wylie!
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "Panic, chaos, disorder... my job here is done."
                              "A strong man stands up for himself...
                              A stronger man stands up for others."
                              ~MY MAN STANDS UP FOR US ALL~

Comment

• I know I have not been much of a poster and haven't posted once on this topic, but I have been fallowing it very closely and I found Dee to be such a great board person. She will be greatly miss by sooo many. I am at ease knowing her long fight is over and she can now join the love of my life who died in oct, and my best friend who died this past week. Watch over each other, and gods speed to you....

**Matt-11/02/81-10/30/02**love you always
                                thoroughbred clique, rust clique,and founder of young trainers clique
                                **Matt-11/2/81-10/30/02**
                                **Danielle-3/18/86-2/7/03**
                                thoroughbred clique, rust clique,and founder of young trainers clique

Comment

• Dave I'm so sorry to hear about DeeDee. Godspeed, and I hope she is riding and playing with her horses once again.

Proud member of the "I Hate Physical Therapy" clique | Auction for Aiden!
                                  YaBB me baby! http://www.hopefulfarm.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi
                                  Hopeful Farm Sport Horses
                                  Midwest Breeders Group
                                  Follow me on Twitter
                                  Join me on Facebook

Comment

• I wish I had had a chance to meet her.

Comment

• Adding my sincerest condolences to Dublin's family, friends and many loved ones. Everyone's posts are so eloquent -- a testament to how many lives dublin touched.

LordHelpus, what a great post. Having had a similar experience, I'm sure Dee Dee was with you. Last May, a good friend (my trainer's wife) died after a horrible battle with Lou Gehrig's disease. She had spent her last winter in Ocala. Several of us sent our horses down and she came to watch us show every week. When I was a nervous wreck doing the adult hunters at that level for the first time, she was there in the golf cart telling me that my little mare and I belonged there. No matter who else was showing, she came to watch us (she'd known my horse since the day she was born).

At the first horse show we went to after she died, like you, I looked up before I went in for my trips asking for her help. The first weekend I did that, we got a 2nd and two 3rds in our four classes -- she rode with me every step of the way. Now as I walk into the ring, I always look up to tell her that I still need her. If you keep looking up and asking, Dee Dee will stay with you. In the midst of much sadness, it's a great way to keep her, and other loved ones, alive in our hearts.

Comment

• David, my thoughts are with you as they've been for the past few days. I am so very sorry for your loss but glad for you that you were able to be with DeeDee at the end, middle, through the years. Let your spirit and hers pull you through the next days, weeks, months, years.

Comment

• I am so sorry. I've been away from the board due to health problems of my own and came back to this sad, sad news.
                                          so many people here spoke so eloquently, i can only add this: our bb community has lost another and it has taught us this: that miles don't really separate any of us, we are bound together by our mutual caring. and Dublin will always be part of us, not separated by the fact that she doesn't walk among us anymore. our love for her will always keep her part of us.
                                          www.judyreenesinger.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X