• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Update pg 100-Erin sends the thread over the Rainbow Bridge. It had a good life...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <span class="ev_code_RED">eggbutt says to self, "gosh I loff this thread to relieve stress! what good friends!"</span>

I can just vision tripods in the ocean....wonder which leg is the rudder? Or sail?

I've come to from my smegma cooler haze and it's pouring rain here.......I think we'll have to hitch a ride on one of the military transports to get to wherever the prom is going to be. I can't wait to taste that Rodesian Ridgeback appetizer....I've never had RR dog before. Now a nice and tender Golden Retriever with the head left on showing that darling "smile" is simply something to die for.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Smegma Cooler warning!!! Nasty Hangover after these things.......you make a sort of "honking" sound every time you walk!
    </span>

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eggbutt:
      <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Smegma Cooler warning!!! Nasty Hangover after these things.......you make a sort of "honking" sound every time you walk!
      </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice...honk honk honk...

are you SURE that there NJ isn't too high class for us? i mean, really...but it does sound nice...

Comment

• Oh I assure you there are some areas of NJ that are not too nice for us! Certainly we would be shunned off of LBI but I think we could find a nice place where the Pine Barens touch the Ocean and have our lovely prom on the beach. There are also plenty of places like Fort Dix where we could recruit some nice tripods!!
        Proud Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'
        The sun on your withers, the wind in your mane....

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eggbutt:
          I can just vision tripods in the ocean....wonder which leg is the rudder? Or sail? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh... What about the mast?

Honking sound? I experienced more of a deep-belly grunting sound as I went for my morning jog...
          Leap, and the net will appear

Comment

Now a nice and tender Golden Retriever with the head left on showing that darling "smile" is simply something to die for.
            </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yummm....*salivating*

My work just all sang Happy Birthday to me and gave me cupcakes...
            ***Honorary Member of the "What is BOSS?" Cult...er...CLIQUE***
            ***Prominent Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'***
            CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen

Comment

• I think there are plenty of places in NJ where we would be welcomed!

Ohhh!!! My friend manages a Bob Evan's in NJ...maybe they could cater a breakfast for us after the prom!
              CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen

Comment

• they can only cater if at least half of the waitstaff have LESS than 1/2 of their teeth. thats how the bob evans is here...

Comment

• Bob Evans? Come on, have some class, let's go to Denny's. I think those buffalo wings would go real well with my smegma cooler *honk*. BTW - just what part of a buffalo has wings? No-one has ever been able to tell me.
                  Chief Irrelevant Poster and member of the Broken Leg Brigade.

I wouldn't event at all, but it feels SO GOOD when you complete in one piece...

Comment

• well, if we are gonna have some class, lets really go at it and go to shoneys or the golden corral

Comment

• Oh my...Shoney's...ick! My mom and I stopped there when we drove from California to Virginia...it was bad!

Well, if the Bob Evan's people have more than 1/2 their teeth, we can knock them out for them! Except we have to keep my friend's teeth...he's cute!
                      CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mcm7780:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eggbutt:
                        Now a nice and tender Golden Retriever with the head left on showing that darling "smile" is simply something to die for.
                        </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yummm....*salivating*

My work just all sang Happy Birthday to me and gave me cupcakes... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey...it's my birthday today too. Got any of those golden retriever cupcakes?
                        "We're still right, they're still wrong" James Carville

Comment

• I just want to know how come Denny's lost all those racial discrimination cases where folks got crappy service because they were black?

I mean, that's differentfrom the way they treat us white folks because...????

At least they did serve the level 3 sex offender and his 14 year old abductee the same way

I have a question. I know this 19year old horse that flips over backward and is lame in 2 legs but can jump a 2"x4" on a couple of milk jugs. I know he can make Spruce Meadows in September but my trainer says no way.

I am the customer here and have called the owner and her vet who assure me he just has abcessess in both front feet due to a bad shoeing job. He also only flips over backwards due to a bad job by the saddle fitter. My trainer has rigged the crossties wrong and the horse flips over in them because of a bad job setting them up.

The owner of the 19 year old's trainer has offered to let me buy him for only 50k if I keep him at her barn and promised we'll be in the 1.5 meter class in 6 weeks.

What exercises can I do to get ready for the 1.5 meters? I currently do the 2'3" wannabe baby not too good Hunters but haven't placed well due to politics and my current trainer holding me back. I feel my current horse is too young to stress with lead changes...he's only 12.

This 19 year old should be ready to move on with.

What do I tell my current trainer to let him know he is holding me back and I am moving...and I have no intention of paying any bills before I go to somebody who just doesn't see that the customer is always right.
                          When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Comment

• just get your trainer to sleep with the judge. duh!

i think that 50K is cheap for this horse. its a steal, so hurry up and buy it. just drug it before spruce meadows, and get a list of show officials.

shoneys is nasty, really really nasty...and the only thing good at golden corral is the rolls. but, we have been bbqing horses and dogs, so really...

will someone please call in to the johnboy and billy show in the morning and win some of their grillin sauce, cause we are about out from the 4th of july bash...

oh, and can someone please tell me again what BOSS is?

and my momma just got sent to prison, so will someone please send her a box of flax seed cookies? i would make some, but i donated all of my money to get the supplies for the cookies...thanks. just address it to momma delapp at the NC State Penn.

Comment

• hey, i donated 6,000 er, 8,000 dollars to the flax seed cookie fund...so can i be in that clique too?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?! ?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

oh, aNd My MoM sAiD tHaT sHe WoUlD sEnD oNe Of ThE pRiSoN vAnS fOr PeOpLe ThAt DoN't HaVe A rIdE tO ThE pRoM

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jetsmom:
                                naters-Why don't you have a little fun with the Rhodesian Ridgebacks owners when they return? Just before they get back, get a bunch of hair gel and smooth out the ridges that run down their back.
                                <span class="ev_code_RED">Happy Birthday mcm!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>
                                Reynard Ridge- Does this mean the 700.00 pony's sheath doesn't get cleaned by you, or is it a mare? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO Thats funny!
                                FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Comment

<span class="ev_code_RED">eggbutt says to self, "gosh I loff this thread to relieve stress! what good friends!"</span>

I can just vision tripods in the ocean....wonder which leg is the rudder? Or sail?

I've come to from my smegma cooler haze and it's pouring rain here.......I think we'll have to hitch a ride on one of the military transports to get to wherever the prom is going to be. I can't wait to taste that Rodesian Ridgeback appetizer....I've never had RR dog before. Now a nice and tender Golden Retriever with the head left on showing that darling "smile" is simply something to die for.

</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehehe we just got back from petsmart, where I got a HUGE bag of Dog food.... gonna fatten them up before the prom/bbq!
                                  FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Comment

• I have 3 dogs here drving me up a tree!! (cracks open smegma cooler) ahhhhhh anyway, we can cook them up. Does anyone have a tripod i can borrow for the prom? o and the flax seed cookies are coming along great. the people at walmart look at me funny when i load up my cart with flax and frosting, but they're just jealous.
                                    Strong promoter of READING the entire post before responding.

Comment

• [delapp512 sets down her smegma cooler with a shot of BOSS and prepares to type]

My name is Danielle, and I am addicted to the COTH BB's, Smegma Coolers, Rescue BBQ, Twinkies, Tripods, and Flax Seed Cookies.

I realize that I have a problem, er, problems, and I do not feel the need to eliminate any of these things from my life.

I have tried to cut down on the smegma coolers because my horse is getting a little cranky from all of the sheath cleaning, but there ARE 94 other horses in the barn...

Finders, i have a tripod you can HAVE. I've got three, and personally, I can only handle them after either 2 bloody olivers or 1 really strong smegma cooler. so you can have your pick of the three. wow, i didn't know you were putting frosting on the cookies! woohoo! what kind?

i think that we need to work on beating the page count AND the time count that the CBER thread currently holds...i mean, all the cool kids who eat lunch together are here, so we should be able to do it!

Comment

• So can you make smegma cooler from the udder crust on a mare? 'cause that's all I have now and I'm missing out...

I know, you can keep your upper crust, I'll take my udder crust. What an ad slogan...place that product if you can.

I know I will cross that other bridge, the one over the fire. And waiting for me will be animals I have helped or encountered. The German Shepard who chased me at age 10 on my bike for 6 blocks before knocking me off and biting my butt. The stray cat I rescued that bit my thumb and severed the nerve rendering it unbendable to this day-how convenient. The fancy TB that tripled his bonafide rescue purchase price in 8 weeks and rewarded me by bucking me off at all too regular intervals. My current mare will greet me as she does on this side of the bridge..ears flat and teeth snapping.

Yeah, I can hardly wait to cross over.

Pass me another Udder Crust.
                                        When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Comment

• chism -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Wanna get your forehead botoxed with me? I figure that since I'm 25 now, I should start getting some work done! *L*

findeight -- Your trainer is obviously an idiot who is scared to let you move on because then you'll look better than them! Ditch him NOW! If you want, I can send you my 47 y/o Welsh who is 16.8 hh. He needs tons of special meds to be pasture sound, but I'm sure you could get him to Spruce Meadows in September with a little bit of BOSS. I could sell him to you for only 76K.

THIS IS NOT AN AD!
                                          CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen

Comment

Working...
                                          X