• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

WILLEM: please jingle for mein selve (update pg 11)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Willem, someone just posted on UDBB that you are not feeling well. Do what Coreene and the doctor say and get well soon.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused." --Elvis Costello
    **charter member Alligator Arms Clique**

Comment

• coreene and willem~
      our prayers, thoughts and jingles are w/ you.
      coreene - stay strong and positive.
      willem - GET BETTER QUICKLEY!
      ((((hugs)))

marta & kipper

"It appears we are being transformed from an information
      society to an informant society." Rep. Dennis Kucinich
      http://www.eponashoe.com/
      TQ(Trail Queen) \"Learn How to Ride or Move Over!!\" Clique

Comment

• jingle # 232,120

Come on Willem!!!!!!

In Memory of Remarkable | Save a life. Be an organ donor. | Click Here
        Hopeful Farm Sport Horses
        Midwest Breeders Group
        Follow me on Twitter
        Join me on Facebook

Comment

• Adding my jingles... so sorry you aren't feeling well, Willem.

Comment

• <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
            Thank you, it really does suck. I am preparing for the worst while hoping for the best.

On a totally separate note, I hope you are feeling wonderful - when is your big day? You guys must be so very excited! And Cypress must already be looking forward to her first leadline class with precious cargo. That will be a photo to remember.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm doing great actually....Aug 31 is the due date, but with my luck it will be Aug 1, right after I stop working, and I will be completely unprepared, no doubt. LOL about Cypress as a lead line horse....a little kid would look like a little peanut way up on her back! But she has the disposition to be a leadline horse for sure!

I hope Willem is feeling better today. Is this all a result of the Cushing's disease?

Comment

• JINGLES!!! and more jingles for Willem! My mother always said, "God won't lead you to it if he can't lead you through it!" So hang in there an have faith!! Much love, Angie

www.equinewellnessmassage.com

Comment

• I have not been able to check in since early this morning. Is there any more news on OUR boy? Hope all is going well there, for both of you. Lots of love and jingles.

Older is just a state of mind. Where is mine?
                Life is great when you can hug a horse.

Comment

• Willem & Coreene~ Big major jingles from us here in SC...Hang in there!!!!! Lots of LOFF~ Suz

II===II SUZ II===II
                  "KICK ON, AIDEN!"
                  *SC'er's Clique*Group W Bench Clique*
                  Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
                  Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

Comment

• KathyR, there's an update from Coreene on page 7, but that's it. Last we heard he was still eating everything in reach, teasing his horsie buddies, and getting mad about his medication, so those are good signs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "I hope one of the fighting mothers-in-law gets bitch slapped with a fresh trout."
                    Merry, June 24, 2003
                    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Comment

• I just added more jingles on the curb chain page. I'm sending cyber hugs to dear Coreene and cyber karotten to Willem.
                      Willem, please get better soon, you are scaring us and your modder who loffs you.

Resident racing historian
                      Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique
                      F O.B
                      Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
                      Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Comment

• Keeping the curb chain jingling all day and all night. We're all pulling for the best outcome for poor Willem and poor Coreen.

Stay strong. We're all here for you! You can get through this.

Send Willem some smooches for me!

http://community.webshots.com/user/ifihadwords4u
                        http://community.webshots.com/user/ifihadwords4u

Comment

• Willem, while I have never responded to your fun posts or met you - please know that you have drawn me out of a career of mostly "lurking" to responding. I know your tootsies hurt, but hang in there, it will get better, and that "stuff" your modder is giving you will help you (after all, she LOFFS you). I have been relaying your situation to my best friend, who is a chestnut Han mare (who also has cushings) and she also sends her jingles. I really think the two of you have much in common and would get along famously .
                          We are thinking of you and jingling and sending ancient celtic happy thoughts for you too! Get well soon big boy!

Comment

• You can't imagine how much you mean to so many.

Comment

• Willem....I'm thinking about you sweetie...you've been on my mind for the past few days....I've got a beautiful WESTERN halter that I found with your name written all over it...hang tough kiddo, and I suggest some Toby Keith, singing The Kick @$$ song..that should get you moving !!!!!
                              Coreene....we're all behind you !!!!
                              I've got the HUGE SILVER WESTERN curb chain out..jingling away !!!

Eileen

"If the world were truly a rational place. men would ride side saddle." Rita Mae Brown

The Long Island Horsemen's Society web page
                              http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/lihs/
                              Eileen
                              ~~Cowgirl Clique~~ ~~Reriders/AKA Fossils On The Flats Clique~~~

\"Always saddle your own horse.\" Connie Reeves 1901-2003 Member of the Cowgirl Hall Of Fame

Comment

• many jingles from Texas and Krystl for Willem!
                                Qualified Saddle Fitter with the S.M.S.
                                www.ravenwoodaussies.com

Comment

• Original Poster

Well, here I be dick-tating a-gain aber this time wot it be Barney doing der typing. Copper he be schlafen und Rufus he be plastered, und Peanut he don't nott to feel hunnert percent yet aber he alzo haff cutie filly next to him, wot her name it be Lily und they be in loff. Lily she only be two und she be verrie beautiful.

Mein selve I be prettie irritated mit this lame-o-niceness, wot it haff becomed flounder. Lame-o-nicess wot it be wenn you be lame und you haff to try extra hard to be nice becose you be so pissed off you want to rip der head off von every boddie. Flounder wot it be wenn your feets bones they haff problemo und they be floundering a-way in your hoofes.

This whole thing it be wrong. I haff thinked like last wochen wot it beed getting better, und then der feets they haff stinked. Mein modder Coreene (I loff her), she haff sayed it be called "Sinking flounder," aber I haff sayed to her, "Oh mein GOTT in HIMMEL, they be MEIN feets, der feets bones wot they be FLOUNDERING a-round und this it BE STINKING!!!" OMGiH, like I know this better than her.

Und zo this it be up-date. Der flounder wot she call "sinking founder," she say it haff "sinked" prettie far. This it be wrong aber there be nothing wot you can do a-bout this, it all be part von nature when poop happens. Mein Miss Herr Doktor she haff sayed to me to-day, "Willem, I beed thinking that you be verrie bright und alert und be eating und stuff verrie good!" Ja, I haff all ready knowed this. Und she haff feeled mein feets pulses und haff sayed that they beed haffink elevated pulse like wot it be more than yesterday. Und zo I don't nott to know if this "sinking" wot it haff stopped or not.

Und zo I haff taked mannie little breaks wenn I haff layed down for like cinco or ten minutos, und then I get up a-gain. Mein Miss Herr Doktor she haff putted me back on der shots von das Ace, wot it be proof that I be cheap date becose one CC von this it make me like Jerry Garcia. Und zo now mein modder Coreene she haff to giff me der shot in der morgen und in der abend UND ALZO I haff to haff der unholy medikation squirted into mein mouth.

Und tomorrow she start mit der nitroglycerine gel on mein owie feets.

I haff had der honest talk a-bout this mit Coreene und I haff sayed that wenn I don't nott to want to do this no more, like iffen I don't nott to get better, I say to her "This it be der end," und then I get medikation wot it send me to wunnerful place where they don't nott to haff no Cushings und lame-o-niceness und cancer und stuff und things. I haff nice Oma there, wot she be Coreene her grandma, und then I see peoples like Dee Dee a-gain.

Aber I hope this it don't nott to happen yet becose I loff it here und I don't nott to want to go no-where midout ein VERRIE MUY GIGANTO FIGHT.

Der be der part in der movie wot it be "Mommie Dearest" wenn Joan Crawford she look at table mit Pepsi-Cola herr executives und she bark "DON'T NOTT TO EFF MIT ME, FELLAS!" und this I haff telled mein feets.

Und zo I hope they listen. If it be meant to be, they listen to me.

------------------------
                                  I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.
                                  ------------------------
                                  I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

Comment

• Jingling and sending good thoughts your way, Willem and Correene!

Thanks for the update. Don't give up yet, we're all pulling for you!

A happy face to show the positive thoughts:

Comment

• Don't give up Willem! This board just wouldn't be the same without you!

Lorree

The cats even deigned to allow me to give them curb chain collars so that there'd be jingling every time they walked.

Reality is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
                                      Originally posted by King's Ransom
                                      "Now, did you really mean that I should half-pass to the right whilst turning on the haunches to the left? Or was that just you farting?"

Comment

• Oh Willem, I'm jingling for you!

I'd be happy to ship some cinnamon ice cream & green apple sorbet out for you once you get better, but I think after all this, you should insist on an ice cream maker in your stall!

'O lente, lente currite noctis equi' - Ovid

Comment

• Oh Willem. Oh Coreene. We loff you. You are in our hearts and prayers. Portia and your Cousin Lucien send you their mucho loff.

(that's the closest I can get to a smiling through tears icon)
                                          "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
                                          X