• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Do horses masturbate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> it was possible that the gelding was a cryptorchid <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually had a question about this. Can you visibly tell the difference between a horse which is a cryptorchid versus having been gelded? How (besides maybe testosterone levels) can you tell the difference? Marks from stitches? Any other ways?

Comment

you know, my boys provided SexEd 101 for my daughter several years ago.

She came home one day in tears, and I asked what was wrong (she would have been around 9 or 10 years old at the time) and she said a boy on the bus asked her if she had started masturbating yet, and asked me what masturbating meant (and at that point, I could have bloody well have killed the stupid boy for putting me in the position of having to explain this to my daughter!)

I'm thinking "SH&!" and then I remembered.

I said - "Do you remember what Spotty and Yukon do when they're standing outside in the sun, snoozing, and their Phwuwu comes down and they start lifting it up and down against their stomachs?" and she looks at me and says "Yes", and I said - "well boys and male animals do that and that is what masturbating is - it gives them pleasure" and she took one look at me and burst out laughing so thank God for the boys at that moment - they saved me from having to use human analogies to describe what it was!

But yes - I believe the figure for stallions is much higher than 6 times a day - Sato doesnt seem to do it a whole lot more than 6 or so times each day, but Spotty and Yukon were definately WAY up there!

"Spot"

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Spot:
        Phwuwu

I am dying from that!! HAHAHAHA

~~Lisa~~
        Aiden's web page.. DOING GREAT!!

Don't take your organs to Heaven; Heaven knows we need them here.
        ~~Lisa~~

www.caringbridge.org/fl/aiden

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Willem:
          I don't nott to unnerstand wot it be der problemo mit this.
          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Mein Gott in Himmel!!! HAHAHA!!!

I haven't laughed that hard in long time!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HFSH:
            used to spank his monkey several times a day if he was bored. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh geez

I've only see this once.. with a stallion.. at a huge show... and i was holding him and.. eek

::Jennie::
            "Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known."-Invisible Monsters
            Jennie
            \"If you\'re a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away.\"-Deep thoughts by Jack Handy

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spot:
              and their Phwuwu comes down !
              "Spot"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am having real trouble figuring out how to pronounce "Phwuwu"..... Is it f'WU-wu ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              I CAN spell, I just can't type and I am too blind to proofread InfoPop's teeny tiny font.
              "He lives in a cocoon of solipsism"

Charles Krauthammer speaking about Trump

Comment

Its done with a whistling sound Lord Helpus (!) with the first note higher than the second

You need everything possible in your repertoire when you have kids, you know!

"Spot"

Comment

Phwuwu? What the......
                  Girls are so much easier. We have whoo-ha's. Easier to spell and easier to pronounce.

I've got to go... this technical talk is making my head spin.

My mind not only wanders, it sometime leaves completely.

Comment

When this thread dies down it HAS to go into the classic thread forum, this is SO funny!

GO MARINES!!!!!!!! OORAH!!!
                    Is minic a rinne bromach gioblach capall cumasach
                    An awkward colt often becomes a beautiful horse .

Comment

Wow. I'm speechless. And thanking the good Lord that I've never had the, uhhh, privilege, of witnessing this.
                      Whoda thunk it ... LOL.

Be careful to whom you lend your shirt if you have a tendency to wear your heart upon your sleeve.
                      Full-time bargain hunter.

Comment

Oh. My. Gosh.

I will never be able to look at my gelding in the same way again...!

I've never seen a horse do this! I may just be naive though...lol. The only thing (that I've seen! Now who knows what goes on when I've left...) I've seen Cruz do is, ehm, when he lets it all hang loose when I leave him in the crossties too long...he knows that doing that will convince me to put him up quickly! lol.

Belen
                        formerly Graciousness*
                        Dream as if you'll live forever
                        Live as if you'll die today.
                        http://community.webshots.com/user/lovingit09
                        Belen
                        http://community.webshots.com/user/lovingit09
                        \"I\'m looking for a dare to be great situation\"- John Cusack

Comment

There was a pony gelding and mare at the barn I used to work at that used to get their jollies together.
                          He was most definitely gelded, but he would go the full distance quite happily, to the point of anointing the ground under the mare's hooves. (She had a huge butt, so he couldn't get all the way up there.)
                          I was freaked out when it first happened, but the barn owner informed me that he'd been doing this for years.
                          Glad none of my geldings ever did it, I would have been scarred for life!

He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the East River.

Book: If you take advantage of her, you\'re going to burn in a very special level of Hell, a level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater. Firefly

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cruising:
                            All I've seen Cruz do is, ehm, when he lets it all hang loose when I leave him in the crossties too long...he knows that doing that will convince me to put him up quickly! lol.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The guy I partboard does that too. lol Little bugger knows how to make me hurry up. Thankfully I have yet to see a horse "spank the monkey" and hopefully, God willing, it will stay that way.

MULDER: I was told once that the best way to regenerate body heat was to crawl naked into a sleeping bag with somebody else who's already naked.

SCULLY: Well, maybe if it rains sleeping bags, you'll get lucky.

bombs away is your punishment/pulverize the eiffel towers/who criticize your government

Comment

Just to keep this thread "educational," I believe cryptorchid is when one of the testicles does not descend. My only basis for this knowledge is that I used to work for a small animal vet, and we charged more to neuter a cryptorchid. As far as I know, the only way to tell is to get in there surgically and determine the (ahem) "goods" are not down where they belong. Hence a more complicated (and expensive) procedure to retrieve them.

But I'm not sure...hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong!

This whole thread has me ROTFLOL! It's hysterical that we're all so bashful about horse "appendages," whereas the horses themselves could care less...and probably think WE are very strange creatures for making them "put it away!"

I must add my dearly-departed mare to the "hussy" list. She had been a broodmare for nearly 10 years, & was a TB having race-bred babies...so live cover only. She was, well...a PRO. All a stallion had to do was LOOK at her, and she'd be spread out & peeing. Geldings, on the other hand, didn't usually "do it for her." She was an educated woman who knew the real deal!

Comment

OMG!!!!

Hey, notice how it's almost all male horses who do this? hm.....

&gt;^.,.^&lt;
                                ~~Linda

*~Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.*~
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?

Comment

I remember when I was about 10 showing a large pony who much to my horror dropped out right before we went in the ring for the jog. I smacked his stomach with my crop several times and I remember it flopping while we jogged. Then right as I proceeded to get my ribbon, he, for lack of a better word, splooged. No lie...not one of my favorite stories but he was a cute pony!

- L.

Je suis un salamander. J'entrerai dans le feu mais je ne brûlerai pas.

Comment

The QH mare I was riding last year used to get this really hopeful look on her face and get excited when I brushed her tail... LOL

How would a mare go about masturbating anyway? I mean, what is there to rub on? Fenceposts can't feel good.... uzzled:

My CANTER blog.

Comment

Oh Goldentoes - you havent been around much, have you?!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How would a mare go about masturbating anyway? I mean, what is there to rub on? Fenceposts can't feel good.... uzzled <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well - my one mare is as close to a nymphomaniac as I think I have ever come across.

Going in vaginally to do a saline flush, or take a culture on her, she will start pumping and humping your hand when it is in there. Very nice

I will never forget year before last, we bred her for 22-23 days in a row. Each day we took her by Spot, and each day she'd spread her legs and pee up a storm. As he approached to mount her she'd be peeing and gyrating her hips towards him to be bred.
                                      On Day 23, I thought - this is ridiculous - get the vet to ultrasound her to let me know what the heck is going on in there. He come out of there with a very puzzled look and said - "When was the last time you covered her"
                                      "About 3 hours ago", I said.

"And she stood for him?"

"Oh yes" I said "Did her usual thing of peeing like crazy and shoved her bum right at him when he got close to her".

"Thats funny" he said - "she doesnt even have a follicle IN there, let alone one that she is ready to be bred on!"

I have never had a mare like her before and never one since. If there is such a thing as a nymphomaniac mare - she's certainly it!

So yes - mares DO masturbate too!

"Spot"

Comment

LOL Belen my gelding does the same thing And after a grooming i might add to....

*Tiffany*

*livejournal*

*My webshots*

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by goldentoes:

How would a mare go about masturbating anyway? I mean, what is there to rub on? Fenceposts can't feel good.... uzzled:
                                          <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to race a mare that would spend hours bumping and grinding against the stall wall. She was a horrid thing to work with, perpetually in heat, but she actually had cystic ovaries, and this was in the days before assorted injections, etc to alleviate the problems.

Also, way back when, every stable had a brush for for horses and geldings that did the belly beat. The brush was a fairly stiff long bristled scrub brush attached to a strap that passed around the offender's flank, and buckled with the brush right where the offender would whack his hootis against it.

Since I do not belong to a clique, I am now the founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!
                                          Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Comment

Working...
                                          X