Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

JR-1

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saddle for short backed horse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddle for short backed horse

Hi, so I have been having some issues with finding a saddle to fit both myself and my horse and I'm hoping some of you may know of some brands/models I should try.

So my mare is a 5yo TB so is still growing which is why I have been trying to avoid dishing out lots of money on a saddle but I am sick of my current one which is a Wintec 500 CC which I am using for all three phases. She is quite short through the back so needs a 17", whereas, I am 5'10" and not super slim so need a 17.5" (current saddle is a 17" which kinda works just because it is such a flat seat).

I am used to just using a jump saddle for everything - the plan is to wait until she has finished growing and is more established before investing in a dressage saddle. I prefer a monoflap with a flat seat and not much in the way of knee and thigh blocks.

I have been in contact with a local saddler about a custom saddle but as above am worried about her growing out of it so would prefer if I can find something second hand.

Thanks

you might consider buying a used endurance saddle. I have done that and found that what fits an arab-y type horse also has worked quite well for all three of my quite short-backed horses. Price was so good i shopped later and bought another just so i could leave attachments (rear girth/breast collar and cruppers) for individual horses. I think i only spent 2 or 300 each for them.
    Consistency, Insistency, Persistency

Comment

Working...
    X