Grab a box of that famous fudge and break out your nicest hat, because the Devon Horse Show is upon us. The Chronicle is here to bring you all the photos and coverage from the place “Where Champions Meet.”
When: The show kicks off with the under-18 exhibitors for Junior Weekend, which runs May 23-26. This includes pony and junior hunter classes, equitation, pony hunter breeding, and pony and junior jumpers. Senior week takes over on Monday, May 27, and runs until Saturday, June 1, with the open, amateur-owner and local hunters taking center stage along with open, amateur-owner and adult amateur jumpers. The Devon Horse Show closes out with the hunter breeding classes on Sunday, June 2.
Don’t Miss: One of the oldest outdoor horse shows in the United States, Devon never fails to offer entertainment for all. Here are the important, crowd-favorite classes:
- For a taste of local flavor, watch the Radnor Hunt hounds followed by horse hunt teams, the parent and child class, and the family class on Saturday, May 25, after the junior jumper classes.
- Devon Arena Eventing is back for the third straight year on Sunday, May 26, starting at 7 p.m.
- The always popular WIHS Shetland Pony Steeplechase races will run on Sunday afternoon, May 26, and Memorial Day afternoon on May 27.
- Watch the $25,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby on Thursday, May 30, at 12:30 p.m.
- The best jumpers will turn and burn in the Jet Run Devon Welcome Stakes on Tuesday evening, May 28, and then in the $250,000 Sapphire Grand Prix of Devon on Thursday, May 30, at 8 p.m.
How To Follow Along: The Chronicle will have photo galleries, stories about each day’s competition and so much more on www.coth.com. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to make sure you don’t miss a thing!
Don’t forget to pick up the June 17 & 24 issue of The Chronicle of the Horse magazine.
How To Watch: The Devon Horse Show will be live streaming from USEFNetwork, which requires a U.S. Equestrian Federation login. You can get a free fan membership using the code Devon19.