We’ve finally made it to the end of the East Coast indoor schedule, and all eyes now turn to Lexington, Kentucky.
Action kicked off on Oct. 25 for equitation weekend, which featured age group classes, KHJA classes and the Hamel Foundation NHS 3’3″ Equitation Championship. The rest of the show picks back up Oct. 29 with feature classes, the $225,000 Longines FEI Lexington World Cup qualifier on Saturday evening, Nov. 2, and the ASPCA Maclay Final on Nov. 3.
Open hunters compete Oct. 29-30, with amateur-owner hunters starting the afternoon of Oct. 29 and finishing on Oct. 31. Junior hunters show Oct. 31-Nov. 2. Junior and amateur-owner jumpers also compete Oct. 31-Nov. 2. The costume class returns this year and will start at 8 p.m. on Oct. 30. Winners from the 3’6″ and higher hunter divisions will also have the opportunity to compete in the $50,000 National Horse Show Hunter Classic at 8 p.m. on Nov. 1.
The ASPCA Maclay Final starts at 7 a.m. on Nov. 3 with an estimated start time of 2:15 p.m. for the flat phase, with the second round and awards to follow.
Other useful links and information:
- All the Chronicle’s online coverage, with behind-the-scenes stories, lovely photos and more!
- You can find a complete schedule here: class schedule.
- The National Horse Show’s website.
- Links to orders of go and daily results.
- You can watch the live feed on EQSports.net. (You have to subscribe.) The National is also live streaming on their website.
- Don’t forget to follow the Chronicle on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @Chronofhorse
- We will have full analysis of the competition in the Nov. 18 issue of the magazine.