U.S. Equestrian Federation officials have announced the four horse-and-rider pairs they will recommend to the U.S. Olympic Committee to represent the United States at the 2011 Pan American Games. The U.S. show jumping team will be looking to qualify for the 2012 London Olympic Games by finishing in the top three.
The following horse/rider combinations have been chosen, in ranked order:
- Beezie Madden, Cazenovia, N.Y., will ride Coral Reef Via Volo. Coral Reef Via Volo is a 13-year-old Belgian Warmblood mare (Clinton—Run Away, Heartbreaker) owned by Coral Reef Ranch.
- McLain Ward, Brewster, N.Y., will ride Antares F. Antares F is an 11-year-old Wurtemberger gelding (Araconit—Caprice, Cento) owned by Grand Road Partners LLC.
- Christine McCrea, East Windsor, Conn., will ride Romantovich Take One. Romantovich Take One is an 11-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding (Numero Uno—Oniel, Karandasj) owned by Candy Tribble and Windsor Show Stables.
- Laura Kraut, Wellington, Fla., will ride Cedric. Cedric is a 13-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by Happy Hill Farm.
The reserve rider is Lauren Hough, Wellington, Fla. She will ride Quick Study, a 12-year-old Selle Francais gelding (Quick Star—Sirene de Plantro, What A Joy) that she owns with Meredith Mateo.
The following combinations, in order of rank, will be considered as substitutes:
- Margie Engle and Indigo. Indigo is a 12-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding (Indoctro—Aea Dutch Lorel) owned by Garber, Griese, Hidden Creek Farm and Gladewinds Farm.
- Kent Farrington and Uceko. Uceko is a 10-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding (Celano—Patricia, Koriander) owned by R.C.G. Farm.
- Mario Deslauriers and Urico. Urico is a 10-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding (Zandor Z—Omara, Fedor) owned by Jane F. Clark.
- Kirsten Coe and Tristan. Tristan is an 11-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding (Lancelot—Lyande, Ferro) owned by Ilan Ferder.
- Kate Levy and Vent du Nord. Vent du Nord is a 13-year-old Belgian Warmblood gelding (Canadian River—Quetrichta, Quidam de Revel) owned by Kate Levy LLC.
The 2011 Pan American Games will take place Oct. 14-30 in Guadalajara, Mexico. The Chronicle will be covering the equestrian events online at www.chronofhorse.com. For more information on the Games, visit their website.