Split Rock To Debut $1,500,000 “Ante Up” Grand Prix In April

Oct 17, 2019 - 8:04 AM

The Split Rock Jumping Tour will host a new concept in show jumping as part of its 2020 national tour. The $1.5 Million “Ante Up” Grand Prix will debut April 7 at Pomponio Ranch in Rancho Santa Fe, California.

“The main purpose of the Ante Up Grand Prix is to introduce a completely new dynamic to show jumping that currently does not exist at the highest level,” said Derek Braun, founder and CEO of the Split Rock Jumping Tour. “Riders, owners, sponsors, and spectators will each play a valuable part in helping the sport progress to unprecedented heights. The format will allow each participant to be part of a unique, high-intensity grand prix that is sure to draw attention and raise awareness around the world.

“In this unique format, riders and owners will have a chance for a payday unmatched in American show jumping,” he continued. “Qualified riders will have the right to choose whether or not to invest their own money to win 100 percent of the profits or choose to have their entry paid for them and compete for 25 percent of the prize money with the remaining 75 percent going to whomever invested in them to compete. It will be completely their choice. Having fewer riders competing will give each entry a better chance of winning the highest payday in show jumping.”

SplitRock
The Split Rock Jumping Tour will hold a $1,500,000 grand prix in California next April.

The grand prix will be limited to 15 riders only. Invitations will be extended to:

  • Top 5 entered U.S. riders based on the Longines FEI World Ranking list
  • Top 5 entered foreign riders based on the Longines FEI World Ranking list
  • 5 organizing committee “wild cards”
  • 2 onsite reserves

The grand prix will be run under a winning round format with the first round run against the clock. The top five riders will return for a second round in reverse order of qualification from round 1 with faults carrying over into the second round. Time in the second round will break all ties. The winner will receive $1 million with $350,000 going to the second-placed finisher and $150,000 to third.

“This format lends itself perfectly to a television broadcast,” said Braun. “It will fit nicely into a 1 ½-hour time slot which will be nationally televised live on April 7. This will build excitement, raise awareness for the sport, and draw a new, expanded viewership base beyond anything we’ve ever had before in American show jumping.”

Categories: News, U.S. Show Jumping
Loading...

Social Bar

Join Mailing List

Shopping Cart

Like Box

Chronicle Headlines

Most Popular

Like Box

Rider Spotlight

Charity Spotlight

Horse Spotlight

Like Box

Trainer Spotlight

Like Box