During the 2021 U.S. Eventing Association Annual Meeting And Convention, Ocala Horse Properties representatives announced they would provide two grants to make a trip to The Event At Rebecca Farm (Montana) possible for horse-and-rider combinations at the CCI4*-L and CCI3*-L levels.
The Ocala Horse Properties Rebecca Farm Flight Grant will be awarded annually to two horse-and-rider combinations, one that is competing in the CCI3*-L and one in the CCI4*-L at The Event at Rebecca Farm. The riders must be USEA members residing in Areas I, II, III, or VIII at the time that they apply for the grant.
Additional grant information:
- Each horse-and-rider combination will get round-trip airfare to and from The Event at Rebecca Farm from a location on the East Coast determined by Ocala Horse Properties.
- Excludes all other expenses such as hotel or local transportation, i.e. rental car, etc.
- Entry into the event will be the responsibility of the grant recipient, and due to the popularity of the event, it is recommended that entries be submitted when registration opens on June 7th.
- The CCI4*-L opportunity is targeted at advanced-level riders. The rider must have completed two CCI4*-S in the past 12 months.
- The CCI3*-L opportunity is targeted more broadly to include rising stars. The rider cannot have competed above the CCI4*-S level. The rider must have completed two CCI3*-S in the past 12 months. The horse must have done two CCI3*-S events at a minimum.
- Grant recipients are ineligible to reapply for the grant for five years following selection.
- If the horse intended for competition becomes unable to compete leading up to The Event at Rebecca Farm, the rider can sub in another horse that meets qualifications in a timely manner. If that is not feasible then an alternate horse and rider combination, selected through a random drawing may receive the award. If neither of these combinations can compete then the money will remain in the grant fund until the following year.
Grant applications will be accepted up until the week prior to the Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event, and the drawing is intended to be live streamed during the Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event.
Applications for the Ocala Horse Properties Rebecca Farm Flight Grant are due by midnight Eastern time on April 20, 2022. Recipients will be selected by a random drawing held by the Ocala Horse Properties Team assisted by representatives of The Event at Rebecca Farm and the USEA Foundation during the Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event.