The Fédération Équestre Internationale allocated host cities for 13 FEI Championships for the next two years and nine FEI Driving World Cup legs for the 2019-2020 season.
The FEI Board also allocated nine legs of the FEI Driving World Cup series for the 2020-2021 season. This is the first time that the FEI has launched a bidding process for the FEI Driving World Cup legs, as previously only the FEI Driving World Cup Final was open for bids.
“This bidding process reinforces the FEI’s policy of transparency and fairness,” FEI President Ingmar De Vos said. “It is a key step forward in harmonizing the bidding for all FEI Championships, finals and series.”
The 2021 FEI Driving World Cup Final, which will take place Feb. 4-7, was allocated to Bordeaux, France.
The FEI Board decided to re-open the bid process for a multi-year allocation for the FEI WBFSH World Breeding Championships for Young Horses in the disciplines of jumping, dressage and eventing for the years 2021, 2022 and 2023. Allocations will be made at the FEI Board meeting in November 2019 at the FEI General Assembly in Moscow.
The full list of championships allocated:
• FEI Dressage European Championships U25 – Pilisjászfalu, Hungary (Dates to be confirmed)
• FEI Dressage European Championships for Children – Pilisjászfalu, Hungary (Dates to be confirmed)
• FEI European Championships – jumping, dressage and para dressage, driving, vaulting – Budapest, Hungary. Dates to be confirmed.
• FEI Jumping European Championships for Young Riders, Juniors & Children – Oliva, Valencia, Spain, July 12-15
• FEI Jumping European Championships for Veterans – Le Mans, France. Dates to be confirmed.
• FEI Dressage European Championships U25 – Donaueschingen, Germany, Aug. 12-15
• FEI Eventing European Championships for Young Riders & Juniors – Segersjö, Sweden, Aug. 26-29
• FEI Eventing European Championships – Haras du Pin, France, Aug. 11-15
• FEI Driving World Championships for Ponies, Four-in-Hand, Pairs, Singles – Haras du Pin, France, Sept. 16-19
• FEI Endurance World Championships for Young Riders & Juniors – Ermelo, The Netherlands, Sept. 6-11
• FEI Endurance European Championships – Ermelo, The Netherlands, Sept. 6-11
• FEI Endurance World Championship for Young Horses – Arbore, Sardinia, Italy, Sept. 15-19
• FEI Vaulting World Championship for Juniors – Le Mans, France. Date to be confirmed.
FEI Driving World Cup series legs for 2019-2020:
Lyon, France — Oct. 30 – Nov. 3
Maastricht, The Netherlands — Nov. 8-10
Stuttgart, Germany — Nov. 13-17
Stockholm — Nov. 28 – Dec. 1
Budapest, Hungary — Nov. 30 – Dec. 1.
Geneva — Dec. 12-15
London — Dec. 16-22
Mechelen, Belgium — Dec. 26-30
Leipzig, Germany — Jan. 16-19