Seeing the country’s top horses and riders jumping in the heart of Central Park is a historic event—having it be broadcast LIVE on a major television network is even more so. The $210,000 Central Park Grand Prix will be shown live on NBC Sports from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. EST on Thursday, Sept. 18.
This broadcast will mark the first time an equestrian sport has been shown live in a primetime slot on a major sports network, and by watching you can help show the television industry how much we all want to see horses on TV. Visit http://www.nbcsports.com/tv-listings to find the channel for NBC Sports Network in your area. Share this with all your social networks—encourage them to watch this event and boost the ratings to help get more horse sports shown on television!
Riders in the $210,000 Central Park Grand Prix include some of the U.S.’s best, including Kent Farrington, McLain Ward, Laura Kraut, Jessica Springsteen, Georgina Bloomberg, Charlie Jayne and others.
The Central Park Horse Show presented by Rolex will return Olympic-caliber athletes to NYC for the first time since the National Horse Show left Madison Square Garden in 2001, and will showcase some of the best show jumpers and dressage riders in the world as they vie for top prizes against a backdrop of skyscrapers at Trump Rink in New York City.
Matinee performances on Saturday and Sunday will include Australian horseman Guy McLean, thrilling Shetland Pony steeplechase, Pony Club mounted games, and dressage and vaulting demonstrations.
Highlights of the event will include:
- Thu Sept 18th at 6:30 p.m. – Central Park Grand Prix
- Fri Sept 19th at 6:30 p.m. – NYC v. The World 1.45m Speed Class
- Sat Sept 20th at 9 a.m. – Morning Matinee
- Sat Sept 20th at Noon – Afternoon Matinee
- Sat Sept 20th at 6:30 p.m. – Central Park Dressage Challenge presented by Axel Johnson Group
- Sun Sept 21st at 9 a.m. – Morning Matinee
- Sun Sept 21st at noon – Afternoon Matinee
- Sun Sept 21st at 3 p.m. – Sunday Polo in The Park