The U.S. Equestrian Federation named the following combinations to the Land Rover U.S. Eventing Team for the FEI Eventing Nations Cup the Netherlands from Oct. 10-13 at the Military Boekelo CCIO4*-L in Enschede, the Netherlands. Erik Duvander will serve as the chef d’equipe.
• Jennie Brannigan (West Grove, Pennsylvania) and Stella Artois, the Stella Artois Syndicate’s 11-year-old Holsteiner/Thoroughbred mare
• Liz Halliday-Sharp (Ocala, Florida) and Cooley Quicksilver, the Monster Partnership’s 8-year-old Irish Sport Horse gelding
• Frankie Thieriot Stutes (Occidental, California) and Chatwin, the Chatwin Group’s 11-year-old Oldenburg gelding
The following combination has been named as the traveling reserve:
• Tamie Smith (Murrieta, California) and Mai Baum, Alexandra Ahearn, Ellen Ahearn and Eric Markel’s 13-year-old German Sport Horse gelding
The following combinations have been named as alternates:
• Matt Flynn (Reddick, Florida) and Wizzerd, A. Patrick Flynn, Kathleen Flynn, and Merry Go Round Farm’s 10-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding
• Caroline Martin (Miami Beach, Florida) and Danger Mouse, her and Sherrie Martin’s 11-year-old Warmblood gelding
The Boekelo Nations Cup will serve as a test for the new Olympic format with three-man teams and no drop score. The traveling reserve will still complete in all phases, and may be substituted should another member of the team not be able to continue.