Three countries announced their teams for the upcoming Blue Hors FEI Dressage World Championship, which takes place in Herning, Denmark, from Aug. 6-10.
The following horse-and-rider combinations will represent Denmark in dressage:
- Cathrine Laudrup-Dufour on Bohemian or Vamos Amigos
- Caroma Cassøe Krüth on Heiline’s Danciera
- Daniel Bachmann Andersen on Marshall-Bell
- Nanna Merrald Rasmussen on Blue Hors Zack
The decision of which horse Laudrup-Dufour will ride will be announced later this month.
There are two Danish reserve combinations:
- Andreas Helgstrand on Jovian or Queenparks Wendy
- Lone Bang Larsen on Thranegaardens Rostov
The following horse-and-rider combinations will represent Japan in dressage:
- Akane Kuroki on Elastico
- Kazuki Sado on Barolo
- Shingo Hayashi on Scolari
- Kiichi Harade on Sir Gallant
The following horse-and-rider combinations will represent Norway in dressage:
- Isabel Freese on Total Hope
- Trude Hestengen on Christianslund Fürstino
- Mathilde Merethe Klaesson on Sandbæks Rio El
In addition, Norway named six show jumpers to compete in the Agria FEI Jumping World Championship, also taking place in Herning from Aug. 10-14. Five riders will go to Herning: four to compete in the championship, and one will compete in three-star classes at the competition.
The riders are:
- Marie Valdar Longem on either Echo De Virton or Algorythem
- Victoria Gulliksen on either Equine America Papa Roach or Equine America Verdiamo Z
- Geir Gulliksen on either Equine America Grandino H or VDL Group Quatro
- Marit Haarr Skollerud on Nelson Van’t Roosakker
- Cecilie Hatteland on Missy
- Johan-Sebastian Gulliksen on Ambrosio d’Alcy
Norway also named four para-dressage riders to compete in the Orifarm Heathcare FEI Para Dressage World Championship in Herning, Aug. 10-14. The riders are:
- Jens Lasse Dokkan on Aladdin
- Ann Cathrin Lübbe on La Costa Majlund
- Anita Hennie Johnsen on Lindegaard Lucky
- Stine Skillebekk on Calique
Hege Støseth on Hønnerups Lindell will be the non-traveling reserve.