The 2020 Tom Bass Seminar on diversity in equestrian sports will be held virtually on Nov. 14 beginning at 3:30 p.m. EST.
Chronicle staff writer Tori Repole will be featured alongside several other notable panelists, including:
More panelists are expected to be added in the coming days.
Topics to be discussed in the second annual seminar include:
- Demystifying horse sport—not for rich kids only! Reviving equestrian heritage in lower- and middle-income communities
- Developing broad-based community support for equestrian activities at all levels
- Building sustainable programs that support diversity in the horse industry
- Incorporating the lessons gleaned from social activism into the ways in which we do business
- Leveraging (new and traditional) media in horse focused education and promotion
- Developing stories that more accurately reflect the life experiences of equestrians of color
- Incorporating the rich equestrian heritages of non-white, non-European communities (including African, African American, Asian, Hispanic, Native American, Romani, South Asian and others) into our shared equestrian narrative.
An archive of the livestream will be available at SportsQuestInternational.com following the seminar.
Registration for the seminar is available here.
For more information on Tom Bass, a legendary American Saddlebred trainer in the early 20th century, click here.