The U.S. Hunter Jumper Association announced the dates for 2018 Zone Horse of the Year, Stirrup Cup and Equitation Championships, which provide members with an opportunity to earn points toward zone year-end horse of the year and Stirrup Cup awards.
Nearly 30 Zone HOTY, Stirrup Cup and Zone Equitation championships will be held across the country, and the championships are open to all zone competitors who meet the minimum requirements, except the HOTY Championships in Zones 2 and 3, which have specific qualifying criteria.
- HOTY Hunter Championship: Eastern States Expo, West Springfield, Massachusetts, Sept. 12-16
- HOTY Side Saddle Championship: Side Saddle At USET, Gladstone, New Jersey, July 17
- HOTY Jumper Championship: Devon Fall Classic, Devon, Pennsylvania, Sept. 13-17
- Stirrup Cup Championship: Swan Lake Fall Regional, Littlestown, Pennsylvania, Sept. 29-30
- HOTY Hunter Championship: Zone 2 Hunter Championship, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Oct. 21
- M. “Sandy” Gerald Zone 3 Equitation Championship: Winston National, Culpeper, Virginia, Aug. 15-19
- HOTY Hunter and Jumper Championship: WIHS Regional Horse Show, Upper Marlboro, Maryland, Oct. 19-21
- HOTY North Championship: Atlanta Fall Classic II, Conyers, Georgia, Nov. 14-18
- HOTY South Championship: Fox Lea Farm November, Venice, Florida, Nov. 15-18
- HOTY Hunter and Jumper Championship: Showplace Fall Classic, Crete, Illinois, Sept. 12-16
- Horsemanship Classic: The Kentucky National Horse Show, Lexington, Sept. 21
- HOTY Hunter and Jumper Championship: Two Rivers Summer Festival II, Cummings, Iowa, Aug. 8-12
- Zandra Powers Horsemanship Class: Mid States Season Finale, Mason City, Iowa, Sept. 19-23
- Equitation Championship: Lake St. Louis Indoor Preview, Lake St. Louis, Missouri, Sept. 5-9
- HOTY North Championship: Lake St. Louis Hunter Jumper Show, Lake St. Louis, Missouri, Nov. 7-11
- HOTY South Championship: Great Southwest Autumn Classic, Katy, Texas, Nov. 7-11
- Stirrup Cup Championship: NMHJA Fall Festival, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Sept. 28-30
- HOTY Hunter and Jumper Championship: Arizona Season Finale, Scottsdale, Arizona, Nov. 14-18
- HOTY Jumper Championship: Northwest Spectacular, Wilsonville, Oregon, Aug. 29-Sept. 2
- Stirrup Cup Championship: Cascade Finals, Cle Elum, Washington, Sept. 8-9
- HOTY Hunter Championship: Northwest Autumn Classic, Monroe, Washington, Sept. 12-16
- HOTY Hunter Championship: Menlo Charity Horse Show, Atherton, California, Aug. 7-12
- Stirrup Cup Championship: Gold Coast Labor Day, Burbank, California, Aug. 31-Sept. 2
- HOTY Jumper and Age Group Equitation North Championship: Sonoma Horse Park Season Finale, Petaluma, California, Sept. 19-23
- Medal Challenge North: Let’s Show Fall Festival, Elk Grove, California, Oct. 4-7
- Medal Challenge South: Gold Coast October, Burbank, California, Oct. 19-21
- Mini Medal Challenge-North: Let’s Show Halloween, Elk Grove, California, Oct. 24-28
- HOTY Jumper and Age Group Equitation South Championship: National Sunshine Series I, Thermal, California, Oct. 31-Nov.
Competitors may access relevant qualifying criteria (Zone 2 and 3), minimum requirements to participate, specifications, and other information about their championships by visiting ushja.org/zones, clicking on their zone and selecting championships. All Zone HOTY and Stirrup Cup require that the horse owner, rider and trainer are Active/Competing USHJA and USEF members before the first day of competition and require that horses must have USEF annual or life membership and USHJA horse registration.