On April 11, the Fédération Equestre Internationale announced eight FEI Solidarity Program ambassadors. The FEI Solidarity ambassadors have formed a partnership to promote and develop the global equestrian disciplines governed by the FEI.
The ambassadors are:
- Charlotte Dujardin OBE (Great Britain), Olympic dressage team and individual gold medalist
- Laurentia Tan (Singapore), medal winning Paralympian
- Ingrid Klimke (Germany), Olympic eventing team gold medalist
- Jessica Springsteen (United States), top show jumper
- Maria Alvarez Ponton (Spain), endurance world champion
- Tomas Eriksson (Sweden), top driver
- Lior Raz (Israel), top reiner
- Bongani Mvumvu (South Africa), top vaulter
The ambassadors will help raise awareness of the program by attending media events and visiting equestrian development initiatives around the world.
The Solidarity Program is focused on providing opportunities for the current and next generation of athletes to establish their own national structures to develop their sport.
These include horse-assisted therapy, sports classes, training of coaches, and farrier and harness-making training. A further 15 initiatives will receive support from FEI Solidarity in 2013.
“FEI Solidarity is an exciting journey towards creating a more equal equestrian community and is about us pulling together to develop exciting new projects that will develop the sport we all cherish, so that it is truly universal,” said FEI President HRH Princess Haya.
For further information on FEI Solidarity, please visit www.fei.org/solidarity .