The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_1 View Post
    The Woodbridge show is a terrific venue for seeing them in all their glory.

I suspect that I've photos of your sister's boss and I hope he isn't the one referred to in the email I posted

The ones I posted earlier are from the Suffolk Punch Trust at Woodbridge. Is he on board that vehicle?

Posted again a little larger so you can see...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...DSCF0028-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/DSCF0029.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/DSCF0023.jpg
    Doesn't look like it to me tbh - but then I haven't got my glasses on so it could be anyone really

But if the initials PRD mean anything to you then yes

Quote Originally Posted by EasterEgg View Post
    Doesn't look like it to me tbh - but then I haven't got my glasses on so it could be anyone really

But if the initials PRD mean anything to you then yes
    The people are the ones sitting behind those great big fat chesnut things!

And that leads me to another interesting "fact" about Suffolk Punch. Their colour is always chesnut and the T is always missed out of the word for a Suffolk Punch. Some ancient tradition .... sounds to me like someone made a mistake eons ago and pretended it was deliberate!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_1 View Post
    The people are the ones sitting behind those great big fat chesnut things!

And that leads me to another interesting "fact" about Suffolk Punch. Their colour is always chesnut and the T is always missed out of the word for a Suffolk Punch. Some ancient tradition .... sounds to me like someone made a mistake eons ago and pretended it was deliberate!
    That 'mistake' is the Suffolk accent! I'm not a native so (thankfully) I haven't got one of those!

Yep - just like the KimbLEwick bit became the KimbERwick when it went to the USA.

Even though its named after the village of KimbLEwick near the town of Uttoxeter which in the USA they say Uxeter KimbERwick

cor that was interesting -- by the way mates horses that he hunted
    are sufolk punches but think they a bit old now as he used to be up top yard with them and he moved to hampshire acouple years ago he was the local odd bod handyman for top yards dad of whome also hunted - but pete the bloke who owns the suffolks wasnt the greatest of riders - but used to go out and have a go -- perhaps thats why he had suffolk punches -- becuase perhaps rather than go over it they could go through it maybe - but he used to ride with west street tickham hunt -- and i often watched and still do the christmas and easter take of from top yards dads farm ( mainly for the plonk as it always great) ( that a bit of homemade fruit cake yummmy ) greta to see all the posh nobs go off as old top yards dad used to be master of the hunt mind you the stable yards that they own are invited for free on both days ---

hhow time flys probably more that a acouple of years ago actually but seems like yesterday --

but you cant denign they are a horse thats made for pulling beit ploughing or logging or trade vechile
    apparantly and will have to find out now theres a local woodscutters working farm in maidstone kent not far from me that has suffolk punches
    and my woodland trust group need the woods copperciing was thinking of having a traditional farm thing -- think i will look further into that
    and find out --- as dont often have true working farm things
    besides will hellp them and us and maybe drag a bit of funding as a edcuational visiting thing for the public --- ummmmmmm food for thought
    thanks thomas xx