The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

HG Esquire

Non-purebred Arabian mares: $500.00 (with $250.00 booking fee)...plus they are paying 1/2 of the foals Sweepstakes Nomination.

This is a 2007 offer only. His fee is going up for 2008 because he is kicking butt at all his shows and on his Dressage tests.
    Last edited by Remember Ferdinand; May. 19, 2007 at 04:17 AM. Reason: I obviously don't know what year it is.
    "A sharp wit and a bully personality are not the same thing. Some of you don't seem to know how to make the distinction."-Pied Piper

I will say that I was breeding 25 years ago and paying higher studfees than are being charged today, and those stallions I paid for back then were lesser stallions than some mentioned here. The Verband approved stallions, such as Showjumper66, Dreamscape Farms and ShowjumpersUSA stand are a fabulous value for the breeders money (even over $900 !). These stallions are not only comparable to the best of Europe, but are further proven with premium foals, competition careers and marketability, being promoted well here in North America. I am well versed in this end of the business and such stallions have been selected, imported, competed and managed at far greater expense than you can imagine, by discerning owners who are not only offering superb stallions, but highly professional service that is worth every penny over the lifetime of the horse you are seeking to produce.

Synergy Sport Horses
    Home to Holsteiner Cotopaxi and Hanoverian Raffaello
    http://www.hunterjumperstallions.com

Aren't you guys forgetting that the majority of foreign stallions can be had for less than $900.00 a breeding dose? And the only additional charge is shipping of the tank....
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

yes that is true. But foreign stallions are frozen with no LFG.

Our stallion no longer fits in the under $900 category, unless you apply for discounts. However, be sure to check costs of collections etc. In our case we split collections at actual cost , so the collection fee can be as small as $45, when split four ways which is the max we will do. Some farms charge a flat collection fee of up to $250 for each MO, even when they are splitting the semen 6 ways. This can result in less than stellar semen, and shipment of a single dose, possibly increasing your final costs immensely. Some also have very constrictive contracts, and limited LFG. Others are designed to make you a happy MO...

It is imperative to do all the homework before booking.
    "It's not how good you ride, It's how good your horse covers for you." -Kristan
    Magic Rose Farm- home of Beste Gold & Hot Shot
    Beste Gold & Offspring on Facebook
    Magic Rose Farm Warmbloods on FB

Our stallions fee is $850, that includes the booking fee and the first collection. We are offering significant discounts to proven mares.

I have one stallion (TB) that is starting his breeding career this year and we are offering a special price of $250 stud fee (he has no babies on the ground as of yet) that does NOT include collection costs or mare care for live cover (only on TB mares to stay sound with Jockey Club). We have offered the first 10 mare owners this price and there are still 4 slots left so if you are interested (or anyone else for that matter) contact us at upnoversc@pbtcomm.net or go to the website www.upandoverfarm.com to see TANZER. Photos there do not do him justice but we needed to get something up when we started the site. I'll be uploading more photos of him soon. Thanks.
    Shea Drinkard
    Marketing and Sales Associate for
    www.SelltheHorse.com
    Home of the "Virtual Visit"

Mandate is $500 plus a $250 booking fee - first collection is included.
    I gotta do-over and am doin it my way!!!

Its my stallions (tb) first year to public so he is $600 booking fee included. Special discounts to proven mares, mulitple mares or race mares.
    Last edited by Arctic Cielo; May. 21, 2007 at 11:27 AM. Reason: added

I have a very nice TB stallion and his stud fee is $600, including booking fee. He has two babies on the ground so far.

www.nonesuchsporthorses.com
    Julia in Nokesville, VA

Alacazam up in West Virginia is $500. His babies are just now old enough to step into the hunter rings and are showing some very nice jump.

I think the stallion market is reflective of the housing market. When housing is going up, MO are optimistic and breeding. When the market goes south, MO get worried and cut back, or get out.

Publicly stated stallion fees remain the same, unlike most commodities.

Using "private treaty" would make sense in such a market, but some MO gasp and assume the stallion (or the sales horse) is beyond their reach.

Noble Houston is $850.00 (booking included)
    TB - breeding for AWR and RPSI

Foxwind SL (Palmenwind x Fogara Jana - Adrian) is another under $900. For a fee of $850 you get your booking fee, stud fee, first collection and LFG covered. On top of that we offer discounts for exceptional mares. He is a young Trakehner just beginning to make a reputation (good or bad ) for himself. His first two limited foal crops show quite a bit of promise, but only time will tell for certain.
    Cindy Geres

Home of Foxwind SL (Cdn Trakehner and Cdn Sport Horse Approved)
    www.sprucelane.net

Campesino is NOT $900. His website has him listed at $1800.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

I think his owner maybe offering a late season discount (?)

Ponygirl- Actually, His owner posted on page one that he was reduced to $900 for qualified mares.

Hi there,
    We currently stand three stallions - Half Moon Romance (TB -approved CSH), Double Deposit (TB - AQHA approved) and Briarwyn Perri (Welsh, Section A). While Half Moon Romance is usually $1000.00 Cdn (AI or LC), for a limited time (and you can visit our website for more info if you'd like) his fee has been reduced to HALF ($500)! This applies to all mares, any breed registry - they dont have to qualify.
    Double Deposit is offered by Private Treaty, and while that seems to put people off, his fee really isn't much. The only reason we advertise by Private Treaty, is his fee varies, depending on the type of mare bred (ie. TB (race mares), AQHA, grade etc), but he is actually quite low in comparison to other stallions of his caliber.
    Briarwyn Perri is standing all of 2007 at a reduced fee - $300 Cdn.
    ~SC Sport Horses~ Home of Bronze PREMIUM CSH (TB) stallion HALF MOON ROMANCE & Welsh Section 'A' BRIARWYN PERRI
    ***Breeding quality Sport Horses and Ponies***
    www.scsporthorses.com

I believe Castle Cove's stud fee is 750 the last time I looked. Great bloodlines and He's proven himself as a performance horse and with his foal crops.

Quote Originally Posted by spacely View Post
    The about to be imported (next week) Rotspon son Red Wine stands for $1000. $250 booking & $750 due when the mare is 60 days in foal. That gives you some time to save a little.

http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/redwine.htm

I just have to add, I met Red Wine yesterday. Wow! What a lovely, lovely boy! He's very correct, a good mover & has a great temperament. He's a dark, blue-black with chrome that goes on forever & lots of roaning on one side of his neck (rabicano - he's also sabino). I bet his babies are going to have serious bling! I can not wait to see how he produces.
    Last edited by spacely; Jun. 1, 2007 at 04:12 PM.