The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

I worked, briefly, with an OTTB named Cal (Call To Honor x Carroll) and so desperately wanted him. I saw him start once, and it was a miserable failure on his part. He was a big black guy, at Saratoga.

His pedigree is here, I think. I'd love to find out if anybody knew him, or where he ended up. It's a wicked long shot, but if he's out there, I'd love to know!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Holy crap, Freebird! I went to add the ones I could think of to your new spreadsheet, and saw the horse named Repeat Peteski you listed. I keep thinking I know that name, I known that name.... So went and looked up his pedigree. Hot damn, I have his dam! Good 'ole Masquerade Maid, whom I affectionately call 'The Old Biddy". I would love to hear what you know about him. I'm still in touch with his breeder, so would be happy to pass on any info to her, or see if she has any she would share with you, if you'd like.
    "...That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear." --Stephen King

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by justdandy View Post
    This is a great idea! I hope you don't mind, but I tweeked the format a bit. If...and that's a big IF...I get some free time, I'll go through the thread and add all of the TBs mentioned. That's, of course, if anyone wants me to.
    Somehow my TBs got added under the wrong name. Aggressive Brass and Murphy's Time were both owned by 4cornersfarm, not Cherry Hill. Cherry Hill was another TB boarded by me at one time.
    blogging at HN: http://www.horsenation.com/
    check out my writing: http://jeseymour.com

Default Updating the list...

Does anyone here want me to work on updating the list with past posts? I don't mind doing it.

Also, do you think we should add a column for gender?
    Honey badger don't give a sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by justdandy View Post
    Does anyone here want me to work on updating the list with past posts? I don't mind doing it.

Also, do you think we should add a column for gender?
    Sure - and I added a column for gender

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    Cool! Thanks for putting this together, Freebird!
    Honey badger don't give a sh!t.

1 members found this post helpful.

PM sent realrush!

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    and you did it just as i was entering some of my guys. confused the heck outta me to all of a sudden have a spare column! lol
    Different Times Equestrian Ventures at Hidden Spring Ranch
    www.DifferentTimesEquestrianVentures.com

Quote Originally Posted by Heliodoro View Post
    Just wanted to say MY new OTTB is also by Black Minnaloushe, JC name: Brolio! He's in retraining to be an eventer.
    how is the big guy doing??? i knew him at the track.
    Different Times Equestrian Ventures at Hidden Spring Ranch
    www.DifferentTimesEquestrianVentures.com

I have two:

Party for a Buck ch. g 1992
    Super Carson ch. g 2007

I don't know how to add them.

******UPDATE********

I added a new column and changed another one. Basically, there is one column for previous owners/riders/grooms/etc, and another column for current owners. So, if you have acquired a TB and want to know his history, you would put your name under column C. If you used to own/ride/bred/groomed etc. the TB in his early years, then you would add your name to column B. Make sense?

OK, I made a Facebook page for us: https://www.facebook.com/ThoroughbredsIHaveKnown

So spread the word!

I added a few, will add their pedigrees later. I know so many but feel weird adding them all...
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

GJ - or anyone - I had to set the Spreadsheet as "protected. Let me know if you are still able to add horses. If not, I can add them, or just send me your Gmail address, and I will add you as a collaborator.

Has anyone worked with a horse named T Js lil Darlin? He was at charelstown and trained by timothy Collens, hes a c g out of lovin darlin. I would love to get into contact with anyone who may have worked with him or actually owned him before me. Hes in good hands now and is moving into his second job please send me a PM if you know anything thanks

Bump - if you haven't "liked" our new FB page, then come do so, and share it!

If you would like to help, by being an admin, then send me a PM on the FB page, or here.

(Link is in my sig. line)

Add one more for me! Buddha Power
    "I am still under the impression there is nothing alive quite so beautiful
    as a thoroughbred horse."

-JOHN GALSWORTHY

Not sure this quite fits but I am trying to find the previous owner or ANY information on my TB mare. She isnt tattooed but we believe she might have been at the track OR it has been suggested that she was a rare twin and wasnt tattooed because she was the smaller one 15.2 She is 12 now by racehorse years. Bay with a blaze/white face. Her right eye is blue and her left is brown. Front left sock and two back socks. I bought her when she was 4 but would love to know her background/pedigree but very hard with no papers/tattoo!

I will also add to the list:

Robb That Glitters
    Mr Good Guy
    High Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Pittman View Post
    For those of you who have OTTBs now (or had them in the past), I hope you'll consider adding them to our "Bloodline Brag" on the Retired Racehorse Training Project website. We're at about 600 entries and I would love to see it at more like 2000+!!

Here's the link: http://www.retiredracehorsetraining....=63&Itemid=163

Thanks!

Actually sold my OTTB hunter to a nice family and they told me they are sending him to your farm for training in March Funny coincidence! By the way I am IN LOVE the Salute The Truth. I visit him at the expo every year!