The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

OMG ... GC ... aren't you riding in a clinic today? Don't you have horses to brush and load and trailer?

Dude ... you just ride well today and remember, no matter how it goes, that this clinic *is* something you wanted desperately (even tho you kept sayin you didn't!) ... and enjoy every second.

OH ... and regarding the "L" ... if you can ride WITH deliberate mistakes, and you're willing to do that with your younguns, more power to you. Whoever laughs should become incontinent as punishment
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

Whoever laughs should become incontinent as punishment

I think you might need to come up with something else as some of us might already be......uh, of that age

I will say that for a thread that has been "put to rest" this one has certainly provided the OP with not only a sounding board, a means to a specific end, and perhaps even a bit of publicity for someone who's trying to drum up business for a training/lesson program.

Whether it was intentional or not.....very clever GC It certainly sounds like you have some depth to your riding string and I doubt many will laugh at you regardless what happens. While people here in the dressage circles are like everywhere else and include the full spectrum - railbirds, computer jockeys, snarky/petty wannabe's, those with more money than sense and those without either - there are also many, many more who's passion for the disclipline and love of the horse shine through and can look past so much of the BS that goes on to really see the talent, athletic ability, and hard work that is in front of them regardless of whatever personal opinions they may have regarding the rider or the horse. I have a feeling that you can probably deliver but........graciousness and humility can sometimes lessen the BS and the need to "prove it" .....They may say "with age comes wisdom" but in reality with age hopefully there have been some hard earned lessons learned. Lets hope everyone here as expanded on that adage and as Allweather said - ride your socks off and enjoy

thank you..I didnt mean to offend anyone, but that happened, and I apologise.

What fun would it be if I took the 14 yr old GP horse??
    Wasn't that the whole point? So you as a "pro" (and I use that term lightly) could advance the skills of FEI level horse?
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

we were talking about the 'L' program demo rides, not the clinic....

Quote Originally Posted by Gucci Cowgirl View Post
    thank you..I didnt mean to offend anyone, but that happened, and I apologise.
    GC, your first post did offend me (an AA) a bit, but it's classy of you to apologise. Have fun at the "L" demo, will you get to see the trainee judges' comments? It would be interesting to see how much the scores/comments vary among the learning judges.

Default O.K. Gucci Cowgirl...we want a report

So, how was the clinic? Inquiring minds want to know.

SD

well..the instruction was great, howver the redheaded trakehner stallion was the worst he has been since I re-broke him in october! his best moments at the clinic were less than his worst EVER moments at home.

It was the first time I have taken him off the property, and being a stud and green, he decided that he was more than happy to sit behind my leg the entire time...but that is ok, the more he gets off property the better he will be, I didn't really expect him to get off the trailer and want to go to work with a good attitude.

(And people thought I was joking when I said "watch me get my ass bucked off!")

ha. ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalfan View Post
    So you as a "pro" (and I use that term lightly)...
    Do you know Gucci cowgirl? If you don't, that was uncalled for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

Do you know Gucci cowgirl? If you don't, that was uncalled for.
    I don't think so. A "pro" is not just about riding. It's also about how you conduct yourself. The arrogance and sense of entitlement regarding the initial posts, and subsequent clarifications, leaves much to be desired, in my opinion, of a "pro".

Someone must have agreed with me, hence why all the deletions of the OP.
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

The USEF defines a pro, not you. Gucci Cowgirl explained why she deleted her posts.

The USEF defines a pro, not you.
    They only determine status, not if someone conducts themselves in a professional way.

Gucci Cowgirl explained why she deleted her posts.
    She did? Where?
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

Quote Originally Posted by Gucci Cowgirl View Post
    the reason I deleted my posts was because I went back and read them, and realized how bitchy they sounded...

there

Thanks.
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

You see, when people actually read the posts, rather than being consumed by having to have the last word (like you do below), they know what they're writing about.
    Last edited by SillyHorse; May. 22, 2007 at 03:24 PM.

So true, Sillyhorse, so true.
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

let those without sin throw the first stone

last word? what's that?