The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Anyone knows an address for a Springfield, IL newspaper?

Hoofrx1 and County:

Gail has no need to lie, 'cause she is telling the truth....here is a video clip of the "rally" and you can see for yourself there are no more than a dozen people there, if that:

http://tinyurl.com/yr8obl

so I guess that makes Trent Loos the liar?

Quote Originally Posted by hoofrx1 View Post
    If this is with reference to me, the answer is no. I wasn't there. But had it been me with those kids and one of the whackos had come up and started with the nonsense as described, they would have left with at least one of the stick horses appropriately shoved into an appropriate orifice. Then we all could have laughed when someone observed "look, its a costume party and that person is dressed as S**T-on-a-stick" Film at eleven.
    I couldnt agree more Rick. If that whacko Loos corralled one of my kids to further his pathetic politcal agenda Id be pissed too.

Perhaps you should let Trent know just how angry you are?

Have you watched the video he is circulating of the kids without their parents permission? Nice...real nice. Anything goes when it comes to maintaining the ability to slaughter horses, right Rick?
    www.horse-protection.org

No Horses to Slaughter Clique

$19,000,000 to take care of 6,000 horses? My, my, my. They must be in tall cotton there in Illinois. His math skills (which should have included learning to count all the way up to 45) are phenomenal.

Very effective KC.
    Barbaro Cultist, Metabolic Nazi

east central Illinois and working north to the 'burbs

Quote Originally Posted by onthebit12000 View Post
    I couldnt agree more Rick. If that whacko Loos corralled one of my kids to further his pathetic politcal agenda Id be pissed too.
    As seems to be your Modus Operendi, you misconstrue yet again. The whackos I refer to are you and yours. I really am sorry I wasn't there to protect those children from you and your ilk.
    Since I am not angry with him, there is no need. Having now addressed the source(you), I have sent the message to the right person.
    Have you watched the video he is circulating of the kids without their parents permission? Nice...real nice. Anything goes when it comes to maintaining the ability to slaughter horses, right Rick?
    Umm, if that video was shot by a news organization, he has done nothing wrong. I'll bet if you have/had film of your bunch of lunatic whackos harranging the children and causing them to return the stick horses you'd be plastering it all over creation.

Anything goes when it comes to interfering with other's ability to make choices you don't agree with, or engage in a commercial enterprise that you(and your collective) find distasteful, right Gail?

Like I said, you are well deserving of the contempt, disrespect and disregard in which you are held.

As seems to be your Modus Operendi, you misconstrue yet again. The whackos I refer to are you and yours. I really am sorry I wasn't there to protect those children from you and your ilk.

she "got it" Rick.....you're the one missing the humor

I said shame on ALL of you. Get it? ALL of you. I don't care which side of the ban you're on.

I do not find it acceptable to use children as pawns - I don't care how "moral" the argument is.

I don't give a crap that there were twelve, or twelve hundred. I don't care who had how many people, what their hair color was, or anything else.

Neither side had those parents permission to be used in a political demonstration. They were there for a field trip. It was not your right, nor your responsibility, to have any contact with them without their parents permission.

YOU PEOPLE - ALL OF YOU ON BOTH SIDES - SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

Quote Originally Posted by onthebit12000 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kcgold View Post
    Hoofrx1 and County:

Gail has no need to lie, 'cause she is telling the truth....here is a video clip of the "rally" and you can see for yourself there are no more than a dozen people there, if that:

http://tinyurl.com/yr8obl

so I guess that makes Trent Loos the liar?
    I counted at least 17,not including the media, which makes them both wrong.

But the subsequent actions of the anti's with the children makes them something so distasteful that not even carrion eaters want to partake of that bounty of flesh.

First, I don't know where the teachers were, to let the kids get into that mess.

Second, once the stick horses were unavoidable given, which should not have happened if the teachers were on the ball, thank the man and herd them away before you have to get into any more.

Third, when someone comes to dissuade the kids, on some goofy pretense the kids and their families may or not agree with, to give them up, then I would have been calling security asap.

I still can't believe that happened and much less that the person with that little sense to do that to the kids is bragging about it.

I wish I knew who to contact to ask if the parents were notified of all that happen and how they feel about it.
    That it be a lesson learned for the teachers that were not doing their jobs there.

We used to have that problem with some PETA and nuclear protestor imports here and teachers got very good at asking for security when they were going on field trips those nuts may be around.

Quote Originally Posted by J Swan View Post
    I do not find it acceptable to use children as pawns - I don't care how "moral" the argument is.

Neither side had those parents permission to be used in a political demonstration. They were there for a field trip. It was not your right, nor your responsibility, to have any contact with them without their parents permission.
    I actually agree with you. I don't think the kids should have ever been brought into it. It was wrong for the pro side to be handing out stick horses in support of slaughter and their agenda to kids...and while I do think it is OK to tell kids both sides of the story, the anti's should have let it go and not approached the children either. I doubt the kids really understood the issue any way.

Quote Originally Posted by J Swan View Post
    Less' see, Do you think those kids were, at least until the anti whackos got involved, aware of any political agenda? Or, judging by the smiles on their faces , could it be that they just wanted one of those stick horses and were blissfully unaware of why they had to opportunity to get one? As for parental permission, their teachers/chaperones were present weren't they? Those individuals are responsible for those in their charge. Had they found anything onerous about the kids getting a free stick horse wouldn't they have intervened? Think those kids would have gone home and told mom and dad "hey, look at the neat/kewl(sic) stick horse I got at the field trip today." Mom/Dad: "why were you given one?" Kid: "I dunno, some guys were handing them out to all the kids."

To me, it looked like there were a bunch of happy kids there. Too bad Gail and Co. had to rain on their parade and leave them with a bad feeling on a day they were enjoying up until then. Bad on you Gail(and your collective).

Quote Originally Posted by kcgold View Post
    she "got it" Rick.....you're the one missing the humor
    There is no humor to be missed.

Nothing you anti-slaughter whackos do has any bit of humor in it. Unless of course it is when you are making fools of yourselves for all the world to see and laugh about. Depravity, yes. Humor, no.

It is not your job, NOR YOURS, GAIL, to instruct those children.

No, I don't think the kids fully understood the situation. The adults probably didn't know what to do either.

That is the point. If you give a kid a colorful sticker, a pretty balloon with some political statement - all the kid sees is that it's a great present. This is a PETA tactic - and it's a low down dirty thing to do to a kid. Gail's tactic only made it worse.

Look at it another way - if your kid had been subjected to a political demonstration, let's say, by the Ku Klux Klan, or by abortion foes or advocates, or someone had shoved a gun in the kids hands while a TV crew filmed the kid with a gun - how would you feel? Of if the child was filmed carrying a faux bloody fetus?

Heck - I'm a gun owner and if the gun lobby did that crap to my kid I wouldn't rest until I had torn the culprits balls off with my bare hands. I'm pro-slaughter too - but I still would have torn balls off with my bare hands. And that goes for Gail's stupid little stunt too.

That goes for both sides of ANY dispute - be it divorce, custody, politics, or anything else. Leave kids out of it.

Less' see, Do you think those kids were, at least until the anti whackos got involved, aware of any political agenda? Or, judging by the smiles on their faces , could it be that they just wanted one of those stick horses and were blissfully unaware of why they had to opportunity to get one? As for parental permission, their teachers/chaperones were present weren't they? Those individuals are responsible for those in their charge. Had they found anything onerous about the kids getting a free stick horse wouldn't they have intervened? Think those kids would have gone home and told mom and dad "hey, look at the neat/kewl(sic) stick horse I got at the field trip today." Mom/Dad: "why were you given one?" Kid: "I dunno, some guys were handing them out to all the kids."

To me, it looked like there were a bunch of happy kids there. Too bad Gail and Co. had to rain on their parade and leave them with a bad feeling on a day they were enjoying up until then. Bad on you Gail(and your collective).

Quote Originally Posted by JSWAN
    It is not your job, NOR YOURS, GAIL, to instruct those children.
    I agree. And that's why you didn't find me doing that.

I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiments. Were I a parent in one of the siturations you mention, I'd be going after the teacher(s)/chaperones

At least you'll reply to me.

Gail's silence speaks volumes - and the gloating - that really takes the cake.

There is no humor to be missed.

Nothing you anti-slaughter whackos do has any bit of humor in it. Unless of course it is when you are making fools of yourselves for all the world to see and laugh about. Depravity, yes. Humor, no.

you seem to have a lot of anger - calling anyone that doesn't agree with your view a lot of names....whacko, sick, depraved, etc. It would be nice if we could all stick to the discussion without resorting to that.

However, members from our group quickly headed the children off and explained to them that the men who gave them the stick horses are evil men, and that they want to slaughter REAL LIIVE horses and send them to Europe for people to eat.

We asked that the children return the stick horses to the evil men and tell them NO HORSE SLAUGHTER!!! Appx. 90% of the kids returned the horses to the evil doers, including some children who at first thought they would like to keep their stick horse (and even walked several yards away) and then upon further thought of what the evil men were doing, literally went running back to return their stick horses in show of support for America's REAL LIVE horses!
    That's the most absolutely disgusting thing I've ever heard. You sound just like a PETA member. Using children to support your own cause, who prolly had no idea about all the politics behind it.

If I was one of the parents, I'd be pissed off as all hell. That makes me think even LESS of your cause.

(And for the record, I think the actions taken by the men behind the rally were digusting as well, so it's not even about Pro vs Anti slaughter.)
    <3 Vinnie <3
    1992-2010
    Jackie's Punt ("Bailey") My Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbred

Where on earth were the teachers and parent chaperons during this whole episode? If I were a parent of one of the kids I would be beyond furious that my child was allowed to accept a present from a stranger. Is that considered acceptable behavior for a child on a field trip from IL school districts?

I cannot believe that the responsible adults permitted the children to be drawn into a political issue like that.

Aren't you all blowing this a little out of proportions?

If you want kids sheltered from what happens in the real world, why don't you stick them in bubble wrap and don't allow them on a field trip.

Worse stuff happens AT schools these days.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    Aren't you all blowing this a little out of proportions?

If you want kids sheltered from what happens in the real world, why don't you stick them in bubble wrap and don't allow them on a field trip.

Worse stuff happens AT schools these days.
    Because these kids don't know the facts to decide for themselves....all that was done was to manipulate them with "Oooo, these evil men kill horsies."

Give me a break. If you believe in your cause, support it yourself without resorting to cheap tactics of using unknowing kids as pawns. That just makes you look even more crazy.
    <3 Vinnie <3
    1992-2010
    Jackie's Punt ("Bailey") My Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbred