The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Well I have an update with my new Roc USA colt. Full brother to the 4 year old I have. His name is Ratatouille (Louie) and he was born April 3rd 2012.

He was high score premium colt at his Old/NA inspection yesterday.

The inspector said he was a lovely modern type, very elastic in his movement, wonderful conformation and true to his fathers bloodlines.

He scored and 8.4 across the board. The inspector joked he couldn't tell which was the foal because he is almost as big as his mom!

I couldn't be more happy with him. I braided him myself and he was great. He loves attention and I am really excited to see this one grow up. I plan to show him in some hunter breeding because he is so correct.

Here are some pictures of the inspection and a few I took today with his curly mane!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ratatouille2-1.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	36720   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ratatouille4-1.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	36721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ratatouille5-1.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	36722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ratatouille6-1.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	36723  

Gotta hand it to him..........he's got a great pr team!
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

It is impressive his foals' owners keeping us abreast all these years! I love the show pics of Louie from the other day. Congratulations!

Louie is quite special. I knew he would do well at the inspection, but I did not expect him to win! He really does have great presence!

I am taking his 4 year old brother to a training barn next week to teach him to jump.

I have been focusing on a lot of flat work this year. I tried some lead changes justnfornthe heck of it today and he got both directions the first time! Missed his hard side but then in literally 10 minutes figured out what I was asking. His retention skills still amaze me.

He will go to his first hunter show in mid October to do baby stuff then a show in November. So excited!

You should see these two play over the fence. They love each other!

My 4.5 y.o. Roc baby will be here on Tuesday, and I'm so excited! He's been at the trainer since May, and my hubby and I moved to San Antonio in August, so we're having him shipped and had to schedule around the September TB sales.

The trainer he's been at is a H/J trainer, so he's now nicely confirmed in jumping. My plan is to concentrate on dressage this winter and go eventing come spring.

I promise I'll add pics later this week when he gets here!
    Jonah 4:4: And the Lord said, "Do you do well to be angry?"

College football season is HERE!!!

Samotis, he's lovely. Congratulations!

Yes Samotis super colt!

Quote Originally Posted by florida foxhunter View Post
    Gotta hand it to him..........he's got a great pr team!
    What an odd comment....

It's obvious that people love their Roc babies. sheesh.
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by CDE Driver View Post
    What an odd comment....

It's obvious that people love their Roc babies. sheesh.
    Oh I think it is only that:
    1. Per COTH rules stallion owners cannot advertise so
    2. Owners of offspring of said stallion may be "encouraged" to post the "I love my xxxxzzzz baby". Or not encouraged...just inspired!
    3. Not saying they aren't GREAT babies...but it IS PR...either for stallion or for babies folks maybe marketing!

Mazeltov!!!! Nice babies and nice stallion

I love my Sir Wanabis. There, I said it
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

I live on the west coast and have never seen a Roc baby on the west coast. I really don't understand why and honestly don't understand the apprehension with this stallion.

A few times I have talked to people (east coasters, west coasters don't even know of him) they get really quiet and won't really tell me what they don't like about him.

Only thing I have heard is he didn't compete for a long time.

I bred to him seeing his offspring and I can tell you he absolutely has improved my mares temperament and bravery. Not to mention he has numerous offspring competing in both the hunters and jumpers at big shows.

My 4 year old Roc is the bravest horse I have ever seen. He just jumped around a course he has never seen, only jumped once ever before and cantered over a water jump like it was a ground pole! Nothing phases him, and I can tell you his mother was the exact opposite. She is beautiful with jaw dropping movement and an amazing jump, but very spooky and hard to get quiet. This gelding is super quiet and looks at nothing. He was broke at 2 then was turned out to pasture as a 3 year old because I didnt have a lot of time or funds to keep him ridden. He started up again this summer and will show this fall, he learns very fast and retains all he learns which I love!

It just bugs me when people keep quiet when they could at least be honest with what their opinions are. I am always trying to learn about what stallions produce, good and bad and I hate when you only here one or the other. No stallion is perfect.

I am not trying to say Roc USA is the end all be all stallion, just that he passes on some great attributes that a lot of mares need!

Vent over.

Oh, and my 4 year old Roc is my first homebred and consider it to be a successful cross and like to share my joy! I am not being coerced by a stallion owner to do so!

1 members found this post helpful.