The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anyplace Farm View Post
    Anyone know if he is related to Mark Soresi? I might not even have the spelling right. Lori Haynes is his sister.
    Lori Haynes, as in wife of Chuck from Virginia?

Quote Originally Posted by Offset View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but my recollection is that the Haynes owned Twelfth of Never farm in Mburg., where J. Soresi was the trainer, back in the 80's, so I would guess the answer is yes.
    Oops! Didn't read this post before I replied to the other! That would be the same Lori that I was asking about. I saw them when I was with Ashmont back in the 80's and again two years ago when I was "horse shopping" - but they were not at the original farm that they were at twenty years ago. I belive now they rent a barn on the Melon property, but I could be mistaken.

I also saw that he is down to judge at Folly Farm in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyplace Farm View Post
    Anyone know if he is related to Mark Soresi? I might not even have the spelling right. Lori Haynes is his sister.
    He is Mark's brother. Odd duck, that one.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Default Soresi

Convicted - 10 years probation - that's it!
    Sentencing 8/1/07

He has to register as a sex offender, how does that affect his judging once he has to do that? Or for that matter, being at a barn where kids are?

All I can say is ewwwww.

How will he be able to judge shows as a registered sex offender?? Or be on the property of shows???

Does anyone know what barn he is at right now? I am a young lady and in the area I would not like to end up at his barn, nor would I like it if my friends were there.

I don't remember the name of the barn but it is a small barn in West Milford NJ not far from NJEC.

His website was back online last time I looked.

S
    www.easternprospects.com not updated Time for a total rehaul
    www.sherylwilkins.zenfolio.com

www.soresishowstables.com
    The address is on the web site...it's not coming up now.. not sure what's wrong ...
    Wonder how many customers he has left???? I don't care how great GM says he is .... he's gross!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by katie16 View Post
    Oops! Didn't read this post before I replied to the other! That would be the same Lori that I was asking about. I saw them when I was with Ashmont back in the 80's and again two years ago when I was "horse shopping" - but they were not at the original farm that they were at twenty years ago. I belive now they rent a barn on the Melon property, but I could be mistaken.
    Twelfth of Never Farm exists at the barn they rent on Blue Ridge Farm, which is next door to the former Mellon property. Blue Ridge is owned by the Graysons.
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles

Parents...would you still send your child to a show where he is judging? Or, for that matter would you ride there? If you wouldn't, I think it would make sense to contact the show and let them know why. Often they hire their judges off of lists a year in advance and may be oblivious to the scandal.

He is at Pine Ridge Equestrian Center

www.pineridgeequestriancenter.com

Jonathon Soresi. Now there's a name from my past. He had a small barn in Burbank across from Paddock Riding Club years ago. I hauled a couple of our young WBs there to take some lessons from him because some of my friends rode there and recommended him. Great lessons, by the way. But other than that all I remember was that he left to pursue a career in acting (a small recurring role in a soap opera).

I keep thinking that nothing surprises me anymore. And then something like this crops up and I'm surprised.

Shouldn't the requirements of his probation prevent him from working around or with minors? That'd pretty much end his horse show judging stints. And since this is public record, what parent would willingly drop their kid off at the barn for lessons?

Quote Originally Posted by Merry View Post
    Jonathon Soresi. Now there's a name from my past. He had a small barn in Burbank across from Paddock Riding Club years ago. I hauled a couple of our young WBs there to take some lessons from him because some of my friends rode there and recommended him. Great lessons, by the way. But other than that all I remember was that he left to pursue a career in acting (a small recurring role in a soap opera).

I keep thinking that nothing surprises me anymore. And then something like this crops up and I'm surprised.

Shouldn't the requirements of his probation prevent him from working around or with minors? That'd pretty much end his horse show judging stints. And since this is public record, what parent would willingly drop their kid off at the barn for lessons?
    I don't think he has been sentenced to probation yet...which is the issue. At this point it seems entirely up to the shows whether or not they want him there.

I also knew Jonathan years ago at the Paddock (and really got a kick out of him back then), but now I am a mother and could never sit back and watch him watching my child at a show. I think it's gross that anyone would have him in the proximity of children, much less judging them.

He was my first trainer. He never did anything inappropriate to me or in my presence. But, that was a long time ago. I have no idea if he is the same person anymore. I did like him very much back then.

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Quote Originally Posted by katie16 View Post
    Lori Haynes, as in wife of Chuck from Virginia?
    Yes, her maiden name is Soresi. Not sure if it is spelled the same.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

chasingadream Guest

Default compassion for others

Quote Originally Posted by Sing Mia Song View Post
    He is Mark's brother. Odd duck, that one.
    Chronicle of the Horse: Rule #2: The primary purpose of this board is to discuss issues, not individuals.
    He who has no sin, may cast the first stone. Have you no compassion? Have you no shame? Have you nothing in your closet? In most of Europe and South America this is referred to as "hanging out your dirty laundry". Is your laundry clean?
    It seems to me that none of you are discussing the issues of good horsemanship; rather, you have created a soap opera and brought in two other people into this soap opera that you alone have created...that being Jonathan's sister and brother. I see the repeated use of the word "gross" with regards to this issue. I think your fascination with this story is gross. What exactly is the inference if one person is related to another? Have your siblings done nothing wrong? Do you believe that the sins of the father are the sins of the son? And, finally, does something on your computer equate to acting upon it? If that were true, I guess a heck of a lot of marriages would have ended by now...please reflect.