The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Default Lesson Horses from APS Stable (Aiken, SC) sold after Walter Newman fell ill (1974...)

Would love any info on where any of these horses ended up after they left APS Stable. I took lessons there and when Mr Newman died the stable changed hands and most of the horses were sold. I took home Buddy, a paint packer who taught me a lot over the next several years.

PADRE - "white" (cremello) gelding w. blue eyes; might have been around 12 yrs in 1974 or 1975. Very dependable hunter over fences, wore some kind of protection boots in front to keep from hitting. Rode him in my very first show.

TIM TAM - white pony gelding with tan spot on top of rump. Cool pony who could do it all. Was sorry that I was too tall for him pretty quickly.

"SNOWFLAKE" (may have only been her stable name) - 'black' TB mare with one little wispy white marking.

GIGI TOY (sp?) - bay TB gelding who I only rode a couple of times but lusted after. I believe he had an ankle.

ROULETTE - buckskin QH mare - fabulous lesson/show/field hunter mare who was a favorite of many.

SMOKY JOE - dark (blue-black roan?) smallish gelding, good all-round

JOLLY ROGER or JOKER - Can't remember which was which - but one was a chestnut gelding with a blaze & the other was an appy gelding sorrel/blanket

RINGO - black & white paint pony with blue eyes (Margie Goodyear often showed him), wonderful little jumper.

I'm sure I'll think of others later (oldtimers, sigh...)

APHA breeding stock stallion Jet White Stockins- we called him Toby- fading black with a big white blaze. When i owned him he was 4 and I was 10 - sold on after we ran out of people willing to feed him. I know he was bred by the new owners a couple times- always wondered where he landed. Hillsoboro Ohio area.

Appaloosa ?registered? Blanket with rat tail. He was slight of build, tb looking- hot and a bold jumper. Denny's Snowy River - we called him Denny. He was a school horse I lessoned on in 2001-2002. He was sold at auction from the lesson barn in Bellbrook Ohio. I'd have sold my soul for that horse-and I'd still buy him in an instant for almost any price.
    ~Former Pet Store Manager (10yrs)
    ~Vintage Toy Dealer (rememberswhen.us)
    ~Vet Tech Student
    Mom to : 1 Horse, 4 Dogs, 3 Cats

Default Looking for info on bay TB "Jester" eventer

I have a huge (about 17hh) bay Thoroughbred gelding, estimated to have been born in 1987. Barn name Jester. Small star, right hind sock, white scar on left shoulder. He was given to me in 2005 when his former owner could no longer keep him. She had bought him a year or two earlier from someone in Pilot Point, Texas. That owner couldn't find his registration papers but said she would mail them (but never did). Jester's story, as passed down through the previous owners, is that he was a high level 3Day Event horse in the 1990s. He slipped on a wet course and hit a stationary fence, knocking out several teeth and blowing out his hocks. He had to have surgery on his hocks. He was then retired to work at a therapeutic riding facility in Texas, but was eventually sold to my former neighbor as a pleasure horse. I have been unable to locate any information on my horse. I would love to know his registered name and what events he participated in. Even with his injuries and age, he performs dressage like no other horse I've ever known! It is apparent that someone put thousands of hours of training into this horse, so I am hoping someone will remember him. I will send pics to anyone who might know him. Dustykarnes@comcast.net

I'm trying to locate the old owner or owners of a mare I was given in the early 2000s. I'd love any further information about her such as pedigree, or stories from life with other owners.

Her name was either Rowdies Fancy Lacey, or Rowdies Fancy Lace Lacey, or possibly Rowdy's Fancy Lacey, or Rowdy's Fancy Lace Lacey. She was an approximately 14 hand Flaxen sorrel mare with a white blaze on her face and two white socks on her hind legs.

Lacey was from the state of New Jersey and had been used in 4-H at some point. She had been given to the person that gave her to my family on condition that she never be sold, because the owner who used her in 4-H unfortunately had to divorce. As I understand it, Lacey was in a pasture for 10 years with a belgian draft horse named Stormin' Norman. She had been retired at 10. We were given her at 20, but while we were shown her papers, they stayed with the previous owner to insure that she wouldn't be sold.

If you knew and loved Lacey, I'd like to let any previous owners know that we adored that little mare. She moved with us from New Jersey to Oklahoma in 2005 and lost her battle with cancer in 2007. She had a gentle death at the hands of a vet and the last thing she heard was the voices of the two girls who loved her, telling her how much she was loved and how much we were going to miss her. She's buried at the foot of a tree in a green pasture on a 10 acre farm in Oklahoma.

If I believed in reincarnation, I'd swear that the big sorrel mare that came home with me 3 months later, was her. I've often wondered if I inadvertently brought home a relative of her's.

If you knew Lacey or know anything about her, please do contact me. I've checked with both AQHA and APHA. Neither have heard of her, but I know she had papers. I saw those with my own eyes.

2 members found this post helpful.

Well, why not! I'm feeling lucky today. : )

I am the proud owner of a former kill pen horse...would love to know if he is known to anyone.

Blood bay QH with black mane and tail, 2 white socks. White crooked blaze. About 15.1 hands, probably 12-14 years old.

Unusual markings include 2 whorls on his right side, and a white spot on his lip on the right side that makes him look like he has a tooth there. : )

Sweetest horse in the whole world. Came from the kill pen with tail trimmed, mane pulled, teeth and feet regularly done. Can't believe he wasn't somebody's love that would like to know where he is.

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Loudoun County, VA- looking for gelding adopted from LCAS.

I'm going to start this thread back up.

Looking for my old horse Milo. Grey TBxQH gelding, 15.2-15.3hh. He would be in his 20s by now. In 2011 I chose to surrender him to Loudoun County Animal Services due to life circumstances. I rode him English, doing small local events and jumper shows but I believe they may have had trouble riding him at the shelter according to a friend who was looking to adopt him. He sometimes could be a problem to load. Easy keeper, barefoot. Sweet sweet guy. I really miss him and have always wondered what ended up happening to him. Is he still alive? Did he get adopted by a nice person who is letting him live out his days as a pasture puff? Did he get bounced around again? I would absolutely love to talk to the person who has him, or at the very least just find out that he is okay.

If anyone knows of this boy, or knows someone who adopted a grey horse from Loudoun County Animal Services, please PM me. It would mean the world to me to know that he landed in a good home.

Photos can be seen here:
    http://s152.photobucket.com/user/mil...?sort=6&page=1
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

I'd like to hear where two OTTBs ended up. Athena Gold was sold to be an eventer, think she was foaled in 2002--16.1 chestnut mare with blaze and ?3? socks. Dawnless Time was sold to Indiana to be a dressage horse; chestnut gelding, 1994 I think.
    That's fine, many of us have slid down this slippery slope and became very happy (and broke) doing it. We may not have a retirement, but we have memories ...

I think anyone posting here should post in a easily read format. It is hard to search through post after post for locations and names. I propose all posts are in this format
    Name
    Breed
    Color
    Current age
    Location sold
    Then any other pertinent info.

Making the posts as easy to read as possible will make sure that the most amount of eyes possible see your post and make it more likely for people who know your horse to see them.

Looking for some history on a gelding I recently purchased. I know he was pulled from a kill pen in 2011 but I don't know anything about his history before then.

Name: Priceless Jewel, barn name Tully
    Breed: JC registered but unraced TB
    Color: Fleabitten grey
    Current age: 2002 model
    Location sold: Kansas bred, papers show him in Nebraska, now lives in Colorado
    Then any other pertinent info- Just looking for his history. He's in a loving, forever home. He has a ranch brand (looks like a V) on his left shoulder and an indent on his right hip from what looks like an old injury

Pics-
    https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9a&oe=57DC6B2E
    https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9e&oe=57995286
    https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...95&oe=57E639A1
    Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate
    Mischief Managed (Tully)- JC Priceless Jewel 2002 TB Gelding

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Im Already Awesome, AQHA

oh, I just read every name and description in this old thread! I wish I knew any of these horses y'all are searching for...

maybe I'll have better luck! or maybe someone is so inclined to do an AQHA look up, since mine's expired?

Name: Im Already Awesome / I'm Already Awesome / Ben
    Breed: AQHA
    Color: bay / brown
    Current age: 12 (2004)
    Location sold: Florida

Sired by An Awesome Mister, out of, I believe, a Zippo Pine Bar mare

Story: I bought him when he was 4 or 5 from Ann Turner just south of Ocala. He was in training to do the Trail, Western Pleasure, Horsemanship, etc. I was going into my freshman year in high school in Tallahassee, FL. I spent everyday with him.

Eventually, he suffered a nasty suspensory ligament injury while turned out in his paddock and, after spending months and thousands of dollars at one of the best vets in the state, we were told he would never recover enough to be competitive (maybe not even enough to be ridden beyond the walk), so he was "adopted" by folks south of Tallahassee.

However, not too long after I let him go, I found him listed for sale for $5,000 (a fraction of what he was first bought for). I hope with all my heart he isn't out there just having the pennies squeezed out of him.

I wish I'd never let him go, but even now in 2016 I'm only 20 years old. My parents did what they felt like they had to do.

Regardless, would love to know what ever became of him, 1 of the 3 dearest horses I've known in my short lifetime.

This video was posted on YouTube by someone, after he left me. He would have been 8 years old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0pgrQUEt8

Name: Dante
    Breed: QH/TB/Clyde
    Color: Grey
    Current age: Bred in 2003.
    Location sold: Boulder, CO

He'd be about 15.3hh. No idea what he looks like, as he was an iron grey colour when I last saw him in 2006. He'd look quite different now.

I backed him as a three-year old, then moved to the UK and put him with a pro trainer to continue his education and sell him. I believe he was sold to people in Missouri, but they apprently sold him on not long after they got him, saying he was young and green (duh). He is a PMU baby and he had the nicest, most easy-going temperament. You could do anything with him. He was a project I bought to back and sell before I left the US, and if I hadn't been moving, I would have had a hard time giving him up. Took to his education without any fuss.

I'd just love to know where he is and what he is doing with his life.
    Help me keep my horse in peppermints and enjoy a great read! My New York City crime novel, available on Amazon.

Default Bay Welsh Pony

Hi, Im looking for a bay welsh pony in the north california area.

he is roughly 13 hands and has no markings. he should be around 13-14 by now.

his old name was Rowdy.

last time i heard of him he was living as a pasture pony with a donkey.

i lost him around 5 years ago. if anyone has heard of him or seen him it would mean a lot to me if you would let me know. i would like to say goodbye one last time. If anyone knows anything please text me at 415.235.1108
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Name: Rowdy
    Breed: Welsh Pony
    Color: Bay
    Markings: None
    Height: 13.1h
    Last heard of location: Northern California

skrgirl: Have you found the pony Absolute Grace? I can't open your pictures but based off of your description I may know her. Did she happen to be a flea-bitten gray?