The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Talking Catherine Haddad might be upon us...:)

Hello all fans of Catherine-
    got a message this morning that she is not coming to the dressage affaire in Ohio (Pam Goodrich is taking her place) but going to s'Hertsogenbusch...(sp?) final qualifier for the World Cup- if she does well there with Maximus - she will be coming to Vegas....

let's keep our fingers and toes crossed for her- she would certainly be a great addition to our american delegation.....

(and yes although I am German by birth- I have an american passport and consider myself also American...

GOOOOOOOOOOO Catherine!!!! Good luck to her and Maximus!!!!
    www.spindletopfarm.net
    Home of Puerto D'Azur - 1998 NA 100 Day Test Champion
    "Charcter is much easier kept than recovered"

Thumbs up

I'd just love to have a chance to watch her ride in LV. Keeping everything crossed for her.
    www.moranequinephoto.com
    "If I am fool, it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom."
    Byron

Our loss in missing her ... but glad she's engaged in competitive activities to further her goals.

Magnum
    "If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else."

When is the qualifier? Will you post the results? I'd love to see her in Vegas!

Can't help but say, I'm a bit disapointed, I applied to ride with her at Equine Affaire and was at least looking forward to watching her instruct.

But.... GOOOOOO Catherine, be way more fun to see her at the World Cup

Thumbs up very funny interview with Mrs. Haddad

I interview your Catherine Haddad last week and ask about her chance to go to the World Cup. It is not usual that a new rider in the scene gets to qualify in Europa. The competition is VERY difficult here. The top twelve in the western liga are: Imke Schellekens Bartels, Isabell Werth, Edward Gal, Kyra Kyrlkund, Laurens Van Lieren, Andreas Helgstrand, Tinne Wilhelmson, Jan Brink, Louise Nathhorst, Marlies Van Baalen, Ellen Schulten Baumer and Catherine Haddad. The order is not correct.

More good riders will show in s'Hertogenbosch.

Mrs. Haddad has very funny humour! She told me much about her horse and her freestyle and the training with Zeilinger. I saw the freestyle in Goeteborg. It is dramatic. You can be very pleased to see this in Las Vegas.

She tell me that she thinks the World Cup has saved dressage because the freestyle is good for spectators. She writes her freestyle for the people, not just for the judges. This is evidently and she earns much applause.

A very charming lady who is good to speak for the sport and to represent your country!

I don't think anyone should get too excited about C Haddad making the team just yet... If the selection trials at Gladstone taught us anything last year, its that no rider should count their eggs before they hatch. I personally don't see her on a team. Steffen, Tuny, Guenter, Leslie etc..... We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by GrandPrixNYFL1 View Post
    I don't think anyone should get too excited about C Haddad making the team just yet... If the selection trials at Gladstone taught us anything last year, its that no rider should count their eggs before they hatch. I personally don't see her on a team. Steffen, Tuny, Guenter, Leslie etc..... We'll see
    This isn't a team selection situation: They will go based on qualifying points.
    www.moranequinephoto.com
    "If I am fool, it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom."
    Byron

Good Luck to Catherine and Maximus!
    Does anyone know how it works for her to qualify in Europe to represent the USA? I thought the top two US riders from the League Finals in Burbank, CA go to the world cup?

Default Showpark This weekend.

Some of the big guns are showing this weekend. Catharine should really be showing in Burbank if she wants to be in the thick of things. Very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dressagegroom View Post
    GDoes anyone know how it works for her to qualify in Europe to represent the USA? I thought the top two US riders from the League Finals in Burbank, CA go to the world cup?
    I think they get points that they can apply to their home league. The individuals qualifying with the highest points then get to go.
    www.moranequinephoto.com
    Byron

Quote Originally Posted by Defeinerstar View Post
    Some of the big guns are showing this weekend. Catharine should really be showing in Burbank if she wants to be in the thick of things. Very exciting.
    it's not this weekend- it's end of March and yeah- right- you think they will fly her over to the West Coast for a little CDI?? come on...thank god the world cup works differently...there are points- for a reason!

Editted to add: LA CDI is little compared to s'Hertsogenbusch!!! Believe me!

Default Showpark.

There is a show this weekend! In the Del Mar Area. You dont think that the usual players will be there. Not to mention there are allot of out of towners here in CA. getting ready for Burbank. Everyone else flys all over to show why not Catherine? Thats when the real stress of showing takes hold. I really dont think she is quite there yet. I hope she does well in Europe.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Defeinerstar View Post
    There is a show this weekend! In the Del Mar Area. You dont think that the usual players will be there. Not to mention there are allot of out of towners here in CA. getting ready for Burbank. Everyone else flys all over to show why not Catherine? Thats when the real stress of showing takes hold. I really dont think she is quite there yet. I hope she does well in Europe.
    wow- what a nonpatriotic reply...she is American- she is very good and she is sponsored by Americans...be very careful what you say.
    Spring Fling (Del Mar) is small compared to Festival of the Horse ( Burbank the official qualifier) although a lovely and great show-.

Have you brought a horse from Germany to the West Coast ??....she will come once she knows she has made it...that's all I can say.

editted to add:

watch the results on www.indoorbrabant.nl
    she will be there competing on 3/23 to 3/25 and the horse would be shipped on 4/14...if it happens...

Default "I'm American. This is what we do."

American patriots are very good! I look in my notes from the interview last week with your Mrs. Haddad. We Germans are very impressed for a young, single woman to come to our country with no money, make business, learn the language and become a success. I asked her "How could you take such risks? Where do you find courage."

She said: "I have no need to find courage. I was born with it. I am an American. And in my country we are raised to believe that we can achieve our dreams. I saw no risk in moving to Germany. I followed my dreams. I'm American. This is what we do."

We admire your people for this.

Default There is a different kind of pressure Here.

So two of our team members are German. And the coach is German! I dont think I am Un -patriotic. I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself. What major competions has she won? The riders she is showing against in Europe have done much better than her. I hope she does well I just dont think she is at the level of our other American team members quite yet.
    Actually I do have a horse here that is from Germany.

Jan Brink is rank 12 in Europa. Catherine Haddad is 11.

I totally agree with Defeinerstar. Catherine is doing well however, we have riders do better here in the states. Its the classic case of the fact that it is more difficult to qualify for an American Team outside of the states. Also, I was not too impressed with the way she conducted herself at WEG. She and her American sponsors attended all of the team dinners. I found her to be very outspoken and rude. Especially when she was dealing with Leslie Morse. She was in a way acting like it was Leslie's fault that she wasn't on the team. Now I know we've all been through the Leslie talks but, in this case Catherine was totally in the wrong. I will be amazed if she does make it to the World Cup. We have some real experienced team riders here doing super well. I guess we'll all see..... Sabine that reply from Defeinerstar was not at all non-pratriotic! It wasn't even a rude comment. Further it is totally 'American' to voice ones oppinion! Get over it

Quote Originally Posted by MEP View Post
    I think they get points that they can apply to their home league. The individuals qualifying with the highest points then get to go.
    I still don't quite get it, last year the top two riders of the US League Finals (Tuny and Leslie) qualified to compete at the World Cup.

How does Catherine qualify to get to the World Cup and represent the USA by getting points in Europe without competing against the top US riders? That would not be fair to the US riders going for a spot.