The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default Amanda Bader May you Rest in Peace

I've changed the title of the thread so it was easier to find for those who want to pay tribute/respects to Amanda.
    Last edited by ponygirl; Mar. 1, 2007 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Was asked too so folks can pay tribute
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Oh, no. Jingles for whoever it is.
    I checked out the website and alot of the results are up. There seems to be a pretty high number of eliminations, retirements and withdrawals...and a MR..what is that? Mandatory retirement? Guess I need to go get the rule book out.
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

I don't know what MR means either but I looked at that rider's xc time and that was around time frame. I have all my fingers crossed that everything is okay.

There were a lot of eliminations in stadium on Friday morning. There were some hair raising rides then. Ralph Hill commented on how scary a lot of the prelim rides were. I walked the training course yesterday and witnessed some very good prelim x-c runs and some that made me very afraid. One girl about flipped her horse and I don't think she knew it. She just ran at the fences without any setup/preparation at all. The trainer I was walking with started yelling for a jump judge. I was hoping that rider made it safely around as she had a refusal at fence 9 and then was flung up the neck of her horse at fence 10 (almost coming off). The fence she about flipped her horse was 3 fences later. Trainer said she had no business out there at that level. It was very unsettling to me to watch that.

It was my very first event as I'm a jumper rider. I was so impressed with how well organized it was considering there were over 500 horses entered. It was really refreshing to see and feel the camaraderie amongst everyone. So very different than at the shows I normally ride.

MR=mandatory retirement.

It means the horse fell in conjunction with a fence.

Thank-you LAZ. Oh I hope both horse and rider are okay.

-my life-
    Translation
    fri [fri:] fritt fria (adj): Free
    skritt [skrit:] skritten (noun): Walk

She's in critical condition. Family is being flown in. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Default jingles...

Jingling madly for Amanda from Mass!

Praying and thinking of Amanda and her family. Does anyone have any updates on her condition?

Default Oh, and Eric Dierk's horse too Lenemore's Dream

http://www.useventing.com/competitions.php?id=747

Sounds like a rough weekend.

Very sad!

My heart goes out to all of them.
    -Painted Wings

Set youself apart from the crowd, ride a paint horse, you're sure to be spotted

Good grief. Ocala is jinxed this winter.
    Very best wishes to Amanda..........I'm speechless................

That is so sad. Among all the eliminations, retirements and withdrawals, I noticed one score with HC...anyone know what that is? It will save me going out to my truck to get my rulebook! I will be courious to know what the reasons are (if any) as to why so many incidents? Even the BN division had alot of issues it seems. It is too bad, because I know that the trials were heavily advertised all week in the Orlando Sentinel..I would hate to see new spectators get a bad impression. Guess I'm glad we stayed home afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Painted Wings View Post
    http://www.useventing.com/competitions.php?id=747

Sounds like a rough weekend.

Very sad!

My heart goes out to all of them.
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

all in all it was not a great weekend for sure. there were a lot of riders and some not so pretty rides. the fall of horse and rider on sat. was very scary to see. seems that the horse just never left the ground and just flipped over onto his rider. not sure how the horse is. my prayers and thoughts are with amanda and her family. as for erik's horse, i was not out on c.c but heard it was a pretty bad deal, also my thoughts are with him and his wife sara. it seemed that the show was a bit unoriganized to me, as too stabling and ride times. but with 550 entries and 150 stalls i guess that was to be expected. we love competing there and hope everything works out for the next show i do agree with ralph, there were some really scary rides on c.c and in stadium. at all levels too. hope this coming weekend at rocking horse will hold better rides for all involved.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Quote Originally Posted by Lori T View Post
    That is so sad. Among all the eliminations, retirements and withdrawals, I noticed one score with HC...anyone know what that is? It will save me going out to my truck to get my rulebook!
    HC stands for "hors concours". It essentially means that the rider is competing but "off the record", if that makes any sense. The score will be listed on the horse's record but the ride cannot be placed, and cannot count as a qualifying score for anything.

A ride is usually HC if there is a conflict or interest; for example, if I really wanted to do a particular event to begin the season, but my trainer was the dressage judge or the TD (both are situations I've run into), I would go to the event but I would ride HC.
    http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ncer/?start=20

Mares are like neutrons. If there are too many in an area, you approach critical mass. And then there are explosions. Loud ones.

Out of respect for Amanda and her family, I think it would be best if people want to talk about all of the bad riding out on cross country yesterday, they start a new thread to talk about the Horse Trials/Riding in general.

This thread is about Amanda and her condition.

eks- i was not saying that amanda rode badly, i just commented on what someone else had said. i feel really bad for what happened to her. it is a very dangerous sport and we all know that. we all were just commenting on the show in general. but we will be glad to start another thread if i or anyone else have offened you or amanda in anyway.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Prayers for Amanda and her family.

maxxtrot and everyone else, I know you aren't talking about Amanda when you are talking about the bad riding this weekend...but I guess I just think it should be not part of this thread. I guess I'm feeling especially emotional about this since I saw the accident happen. Prayers for Amanda and her family.

Default Amanda Update

Does anyone have an update on Amanda's conditions.

Prayers

Pa-eternally laboring in the infinite creative and sustentative work of the universe

Prayers for Amanda and her family