The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Model Willem:VERY IMPORTANTE Update, pg 6

Since some people may not be checking in with the other thread, Coreene suggested that I start a new thread. This one is pretty much dedicated to ordering details and the occaisional bump. If any of this seems familiar, do bear with me and give it a solid read, there is a new thing or two in here. And if I was cranky earlier tonight, sorry. I do that from time to time, I AM a chick, you know.

The postage paid price for Willem is $89. That includes a donation to Cushing's Disease Research of approx. $30. I say approximately because PayPal will take its fair (?) share, and I will probably have some hopefully small and few unanticipated administrative costs, never mind buying 100 little boxes. Oooh, and Coreene sent me a photo of her with Willem, of which I will make prints for all.

I must take this moment to make it abundantly clear that atleast 100 copies of the model MUST be purchased. Put plainly, it's either 100 or none. Stone Company also requires a 50% deposit (including the first $500) BEFORE they will start making them AND the balance before they ship. That's just this side of $5000. As I am so not a millionaire, all copies MUST be ordered in advance, and prepaid. There is no other way to handle this aspect. If I could just buy them all and sell them at random, I would.

Orders are coming in VERY s-l-o-w-l-y. The longer it takes to reach the first 50%, the farther back in the production que we go. Now is the time to ante up, ladies and germs!

This is a PayPal link for buying your copy of the Willem model. PP doesn't charge to create the link and I thought this would stream line it for ya'll.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...harset=UTF%2d8

This link doesn't work exactly the way I wanted it to. It's supposed to give you a chance to pick glossy or matte finish and I don't think it does. So expect a follow up email to confirm that information

If you've contributed to the original deposit, don't use the link. Send payment to
    huntersnob@nac.net , subtracting the amount you've already sent.

If youre contribution to the deposit was MORE than the $89ppd price, then you just need to send me an email, tell me if you want your copy to be matte or glossy, and if you'd like the balance returned or would like it to go on with the donation to Cushing's Disease reasearch.

Please be sure that your shipping address is up to date with Pay Pal

If you don't want to use PP, that's cool too. Send a Postal Money Order (no checks, please) to

Pat Coulter
    PO Box 205
    Asbury, NJ 08802

As above, make sure you include the desired shipping address and if you want a matte or glossy model.

If you live in my general area, you are more than welcome to save yourself the shipping and do a pick up. Reynard Ridge and Penthilisa are doing so. Don't use the above link, send $79 to the huntersnob@nac.net address

I did take more photos of the prototype, they are in the Webshots album in my signature, at the beginning of the Willem folder. The "rasta" fly hat was made by COTH'er Nezumi, PT her for info.

If you are at all confused by any of this, just PT or email me. Sometimes I type faster than I think.

Erin, a sticky for this would be nice
    Last edited by Pat; Mar. 5, 2007 at 12:36 AM. Reason: edit title

shameless bump before I go to bed

Just a wee bump - and letting you know I'll order next week (it's that first of the month thing this week you know )
    "The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates

I've stickied this thread on this forum.
    I'm copying the links for the 'finish' pictures from the long thread:
    Matte: http://stonehorsesgallery.com/photos...g2_itemId=1931

Glossy: http://stonehorsesgallery.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=5252

Hope this helps get the orders flowing - I'm trying to decide which finish I want!
    Mal:This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then .... explode

Danke schein!!!!!

I was going to paste in those finish links and forgot. Danke again!

Everyone, please order yours!!

If this works well, I will HAPPILY do this again. Next time we can choose a cheaper mold (ie. smaller) so the price is more obtainable.

YES, there will be a raffle. Lemme work out a handful of details first. BUT, that raffle will not happen unless the 100 copy minimum is reached. And I think it's inappropriate for me to sell chances until then.

I have to have one of each. Which I will order today. Because although I am not a glossy fan, to not have a glossy would mean there is a Willem model I don't have, and since he was my own horse and all that ...
    EDDIE WOULD GO

I just ordered mine . I think I am going for the matte.
    Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson

Okay, last night I went through the original thread re who wanted them (I have been so sick with stomach flu so it was nice to have something to do besides vomit and watch Judge Judy), and here's who said they were interested:

Emryss
    Tullio
    Little Indian
    TBsRgr8
    LSM1212
    Noctis
    Missinthesouth
    Gansmyman
    Resomething
    Spookhorse
    SBT
    allweathergal
    Nauset
    cashela
    LoriO
    Mes
    In The Zone
    Rolypolypony
    Caneycreekfarm
    Ironbessflint
    fatmare
    sillyhorse
    Nootka
    Chester's Mom
    Cindeye
    Beau Peep
    KLS
    horsey someting (I can't read my writing)
    KLS
    Arnika
    figure-eight
    showjujps
    theorangeone
    Therese
    neVar
    Canadian Golden
    KellyT
    daytimedrama
    Sharazade
    Msrobin
    Blueboo
    Webonilass
    Heart-n-soul
    Lauensii03
    saturdaynightlve
    Myrna
    fancy
    Relocatedtxjumper
    2Dogs

I am sure to have missed some.

There will be people on that list who don't order and people not on that list who do. I know that Pat wanted to keep it to COTH only in the beginning at least, but we may have to throw this out to a slightly wider audience otherwise Pat. Whatcha think?

I ordered three. Then again, it was my horse, so I have a matte, a gloss and a spare for now.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Default I'm here!

OK, ordered one of each (cause Chester is Oliver's pen pal parrot and he MUST have one and of course I MUST have one and if they were the same we couldn't tell them apart, could we??)

Last edited by Chester's Mom; Jan. 31, 2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: spelling....again!
    HaHA! Made-est Thou Look!

I'm in for a matte Willem
    Mal:This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then .... explode

I will hold off on advertising Willem off the boards for another week. We are getting there, it's just a little slow.

Don't forget to tell your barn friends!!

Uh, slow apparently is a relative term! I've been moving the PP emails to a separate folder, but havent really read them. I just checked my PP balance.

Yes, compared to Coreene's above list, not *that* many of us have ante'd up. But, several have ordered multiple copies, Taking us up to just about $1000. $900 to go to get the run started!!

And I haven't even bought my own yet! Yeah, thanks Coreene. I would have been perfectly happy with one matte copy. Now I'm going to have to get a matte and a glossy too.

Red face

Yep I was definitely interested, but $89 is simply not in my budget...no matter how much I want a Willem model! I'm a po' college student with a real horse to feed, so...maybe I can buy a raffle ticket when the time comes?

hehe. I'm having another collector design me a website, so I told her to use stuff on my webshots, particularly the headshot of Willem. It's probably the best photo I've taken of any model, and he does look so loffly in that bridle.

Well, she's now jumping up and down for a Willem. Stunning, I believe is the word used. I think Willem would be pretty happy to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Stunning, I believe is the word used. I think Willem would be pretty happy to hear that.
    And at the same time would not be at all surprised. He was utterly convinced that the world revolved around him.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

I'm in for a matte finish. Just need to wait a few more days until payday

Unhappy And now we've stalled out...

sigh....

where did everyone go??

Since we are stalled out at maybe a quarter or so of the needed cash, I'll be advertising Willem in the model horse collecting circles starting this evening.

Pat,

Sounds like a plan. I've already ordered mine as promised. Not to get down and dirty, but if we don't raise enough money to get this started, I guess those of us who contributed to the deposit, lose their money all together? Since you said the deposit is non-refundable.

I'll try and spread the word as much as I can.

I would love to buy one, but seeing as I`m trying to sell all the models I have now, thats not going to work!

Have you tried www.fallen-leaves.net , www.modelhorseblab.com , and www.modelhorsesalespages.com to sell the model? Lots of non COTH people that collect models may collect the mold or color and want him.

Good luck!
    John 3:16
    Sixteen Candles

Quote Originally Posted by LSM1212 View Post
    Pat,

Sounds like a plan. I've already ordered mine as promised. Not to get down and dirty, but if we don't raise enough money to get this started, I guess those of us who contributed to the deposit, lose their money all together? Since you said the deposit is non-refundable.

I'll try and spread the word as much as I can.
    I am sure that when it is cross-posted (and I will cross-post it to the Cushings board and I still need to send it around to my barn as well), we will get the required 100 ordered.

If it for some reason does not happen, I will buy the sample for myself by reimbursing the other $400 to people who chipped in (I put in $100).
    EDDIE WOULD GO