The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Default HITS Ocala

Who is here? Who is coming? I've never seen so many horses, so early, at HITS. The classes are HUGE. Could it be that many decided not to go down to Wellington? Or, possibly stopped here on the way down?

I'm down here with my Holsteiner mare, Nationale. She jumped this week in Level 3 and Level 4 jumpers. She was reserve champion for level 3 and placed 4th in Level 4 classes. Heavy competition! Huge classes! There were at least 50 in one of the Level 3 classes! Nationale's trainer/rider Kate Wills did an excellent job, as always!

Rivano is here with his new owner, Millie Russell. She is showing him in Adult Amateur Hunters. He placed second and third in large classes! Hooray Millie! Great results!!!

Send me an email so we can meet up, if you are here or coming. The weather is lovely (except one sloppy rainy day...).

Oakleigh
    Last edited by Oakleigh; Jan. 28, 2007 at 09:13 PM.

Wgere are results posted? I'd love to see them...
    Thanks!
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

My boy is in Jacksonville at the moment (this week and next) and then, if not sold, is headed to HITS. My trainer typically spends a few weeks in Wellington before heading to Ocala, but decided to just head north this year.

BTW, congrats to both you and Millie on the sale/purchase of Rivano.

www.hitsshows.com

Congratulations on the sale of Rivano; I'm sure it's bittersweet for you!

Thanks CuriosoJorge, It is bittersweet... I have two foals coming from him this spring.....and a bunch of frozen semen in my tank.

Oakleigh

I will be there starting the week of the 14th through March 5th. Yay! Can't wait!

I am in the process of vetting a new horse so I am not sure who I will be riding but I will be doing the AA's.
    My Pictures! http://community.webshots.com/user/estieg12
    *Harbour Town* 2002 Hanoverian gelding "Otto"
    *Sahalee* 2002 mare "Flower" but who knows what breed she is!

I don't think they've posted the link to the results on their website yet but here's how to find them:

http://www.hitsshows.com/resultswinter_07.html
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

We are here now and will be here through the end of HITS (and possibly going to Tampa); the weather has been wonderful (except for the rain last night, but I'm not complaining).

Slightly OT: I have TMobile and I have very limited service at the show. Does anyone else have this problem? I called the company, and they may send a technician to the grounds to see what is blocking the signal. In the meantime I'm going to upgrade my phone as that is an easier solution.

Oakleigh, We'll be headed there in a couple of weeks... By the way, check your PMs!
    Platinum Equestrian - Florida, USA

Quote Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
    Slightly OT: I have TMobile and I have very limited service at the show. Does anyone else have this problem? I called the company, and they may send a technician to the grounds to see what is blocking the signal. In the meantime I'm going to upgrade my phone as that is an easier solution.
    Can all cell phones from TMobile be upgraded[software wise] in order to get better service? ...if that was what you were talking about with the term "upgrade"

I'm headed down to watch during Week 4. I'll probably be down March 8 until the 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing1280 View Post
    Can all cell phones from TMobile be upgraded[software wise] in order to get better service? ...if that was what you were talking about with the term "upgrade"
    I usually have very good reception so I called TMobile to determine what the course of action should be. They mentioned that there are a few options:

1) the horse show location can be registered by calling them on another line while at the horse show. I turned my cell phone off, called them with someone else's cell phone, and they were able to note the location of the horse show which increased my service a little bit. I also did this process at the house here in Ocala with positive results.

2) my phone is older and both customer service reps mentioned that some newer phones (I don't know which ones) have better reception. I am due for an upgrade, so I will try that before...

3) a TMobile service agent can come to the horse show to try to determine what is blocking the signal. I will try this route: 1) if a new phone does not help, and 2) if other people are having the same issues.

So, in closing, to directly answer your question, yes, there are methods of upgrading reception both with the same phone and with a new phone.

TMobile also has a list of phone models that have reception issues at specific locations (i.e., a Nokia XXX has limited reception by permanent barn 2 at Post Time. Yes, they are that specific with me over the phone).

I have service with T-mobile, but I have a new phone. I guess I'll find out this weekend if I can get a signal on the showgrounds - I hope so!

We're headed down 2 weeks from today (Feb. 11th) for all 5 weeks! I can't wait!! Especially since the weather has been terrible around here.

Quote Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
    I usually have very good reception so I called TMobile to determine what the course of action should be. They mentioned that there are a few options:

1) the horse show location can be registered by calling them on another line while at the horse show. I turned my cell phone off, called them with someone else's cell phone, and they were able to note the location of the horse show which increased my service a little bit. I also did this process at the house here in Ocala with positive results.

2) my phone is older and both customer service reps mentioned that some newer phones (I don't know which ones) have better reception. I am due for an upgrade, so I will try that before...

3) a TMobile service agent can come to the horse show to try to determine what is blocking the signal. I will try this route: 1) if a new phone does not help, and 2) if other people are having the same issues.

So, in closing, to directly answer your question, yes, there are methods of upgrading reception both with the same phone and with a new phone.

TMobile also has a list of phone models that have reception issues at specific locations (i.e., a Nokia XXX has limited reception by permanent barn 2 at Post Time. Yes, they are that specific with me over the phone).
    Okay. I have a new phone that I got in September and it originally came out in July(ish)... I did the map location on the TMobile website, where it gives you about how many bars there are, and Post Time Farms area had about one bar... I think before I come down there I will talk to the TMobile people around me to see if there is anything I can do to improve it before I get down there (around February 14th/15th) ( but I'm sure I am going to get the answer of waiting till I'm down there to see how well it works. haha)

I'm leaving on the 19th and the horses leave the 14th!! How's the weather right now?

Lula--- you're coming?!!!
    !

We are going for the first & last weeks, unfortunately this little thing called work gets in the way I will be doing the AA's and am hoping to wear my new shadbelly in the classic on Sunday. We'll see, I dont want to be the only one and feel stupid

About the T-Mobil, for the past 2 years I havent gotten service at the show grounds at all, I usually wouldnt get service until after I was well past the Horse & Hound when heading back toward I75. So this year when my contract came up I switched to Cingular. I checked their coverage map and will be totally peeved if I still dont get service.

I'm going down in a couple weeks for about a week. I'm leasing a horse down there. One of don stewert's maybe? It should be very fun. I'm so excited, it's my first time going down.
    Oldenburgs do it better

rip mystic puddin' 1984-2006
    rip banacek 1992-2007

Does Verizon work down there?

My daughter and Icarus head down Feb. 10 for the 5 week rated circuit. She's so excited she has already started getting her packing together. She'll be in Children's jumpers and whatever else her trainer down there puts her in. A friend from up here also mentioned about her riding some of his ponies, so she may end up competing more than with her own horse. If you get a chance Oakleigh drop by to see her, she should remember you. Fernando Cardenas Sr. will be training her.

Congrats Oakleigh on sale of Rivano and Nationale's good showings. I remember both well when they were at my place. Rivano was such a sweet boy and Nationale is gorgeous. I always thought she would do well as a jumper.

www.chadalefarms.com
    Last edited by Ponymom4; Jan. 29, 2007 at 08:05 AM.