The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Perfectly black and white response as usual Dalfan. How "inciteful" to point out that the horse is reacting to his rider. I wonder why you get so much pleasure at sitting in your kevlar trash can throwing stones at all the big guns?

Somehow, I suspect even your own horses would prefer to be ridden by Anky than by you.

Um...he's an ARAB. Now I know why I have my "little rule" regarding asking for "opinions".
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

How perceptive Theo.

What, because he's an Arab(ian, actually), you're forgiven for making him tense enough that he swishes his tail? My goodness, I suspect you are rollkur-ing him in the back arena when no one is looking.

Somehow, I suspect even your own horses would prefer to be ridden by Anky than by you.
    Come on now. Why the personal attacks? Can't think of any REASONED, LOGICAL justification for riding your horse like that?

That little arab would put you in the dirt if you tried a straighjacket on him
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

What, because he's an Arab(ian, actually), you're forgiven for making him tense enough that he swishes his tail?
    Is that really all you can come up with? You THINK he is swishing his tail. How utterly LAME. From a picture, at that.
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

Um yeah, I can think of a reasoned logical justification for riding a horse like that... its called training.

It appears to me (and my oh-so-uneducated-eye) that Anky is focusing on getting the horses back up... and it also appears to me that she is being pretty successful at that. To the extent that the entire picture may not be beautiful, well, such is life. Horses often exhibit tension when they're being asked to do something HARD. It doesn't mean that its "too" hard. And it doesn't mean that we (as riders) shouldn't ask anyway. She's asking for something, getting a result, and then she pats him and stops asking. Sounds suspiciously like "training" to me.

I guess we will just have to disagree about what we are seeing.
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

No, actually, if you look at almost EVERY ONE of the pictures of you and your Arabian, its clear that he is holding his tail in unusual positions (evidencing tension in his back).

But you're entitled to think that my opinion is worthless... your opinion surely doesn't carry any stock with me either.

Again with the tail! That's how he holds it. No tension. Considering your "analysis" of the vid, I am pretty sure you are NOT (IMHO) qualified to critique me (especially since I didn't ask you to). Heck, I have no way of knowing if you can complete a proper 20M circle or even execute a correct leg yield. Post some pics of you riding and I might change my mind.
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

Quote Originally Posted by rileyt View Post
    No, actually, if you look at almost EVERY ONE of the pictures of you and your Arabian, its clear that he is holding his tail in unusual positions (evidencing tension in his back).

But you're entitled to think that my opinion is worthless... your opinion surely doesn't carry any stock with me either.
    Yes Rileyt, I have worked and lived on a stable with over 150 Arabians, and I can tell you this horse is scared or has pain somewhere. This is not normal.

Theo

and I can tell you this horse is scared or has pain somewhere. This is not normal.
    Well then, you MUST have opinion of the vid. You know, the TOPIC of this thread.

Your comment is so far off and extremely transparent. But, I digress.
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

Quote Originally Posted by Dalfan View Post
    Again with the tail! That's how he holds it. No tension. Considering your "analysis" of the vid, I am pretty sure you are NOT (IMHO) qualified to critique me (especially since I didn't ask you to). Heck, I have no way of knowing if you can complete a proper 20M circle or even execute a correct leg yield. Post some pics of you riding and I might change my mind.
    Couldn't help myself, I had to post again

You ask these questions YET you are offering critique of the BEST rider in the world.

What qualifies you to critique this video?

And please answer one of my original queries, have you contacted Anky direct with your critique of her training methods?

You ask these questions YET you are offering critique of the BEST rider in the world.
    But I don't consider her the best, IMHO. She is WINNING now. Doesn't make her the BEST. I suppose everyone has their favorite riders.

And I'm not talking about her position per say. I'm talking of her training methods.
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

But I don't consider her the best, IMHO. She is WINNING now. Doesn't make her the BEST. I suppose everyone has their favorite riders.
    Yes but don't you see?, you are contradicting yourself.
    RileyT has made it clear that she doesn't consider you to be the best either, so what makes the two different?

RileyT has made it clear that she doesn't consider you to be the best either, so what makes the two different?
    I never said I was the "best" period. And technically it is quite off-topic to bring my pics into it. That's a page from their playbook. Deflect, deflect, if that doesn't work, personal attacks, still not working, insults.
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

Again my question - In this video, what do you like about it? Don't like? Can ANY of the pro-rk advocates answer that? I am truely curious.
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

I think I'll keep my photos up. I rather like them. Let's see you walk the talk Thanks for taking the time to look!
    In addition to the tail problem, there are the problems of the hollow back of the horse, flat frame, horse on the forehand, horse's hips high, and the rider hanging on the reins. Why the obsession with RK? Why post a video of a rider and critique her when you so obviously post pictures that you claim to like that show incorrect dressage? Wouldn't it be a better use of your time to work on your own riding than to criticize someone who is thousands of miles away?

Agreed Theo. I have also worked with Arabians, and its not normal.

Again my question - In this video, what do you like about it? Don't like? Can ANY of the pro-rk advocates answer that? I am truely curious.
    Why do you have to be a RK advocate to disagree with your ideas of what is and isn't correct????

Quote Originally Posted by DanniS View Post

And please answer one of my original queries, have you contacted Anky direct with your critique of her training methods?
    She doesn't need to, right or wrong, she is entitled to her opinion. In the case of Anky, she is a professional, riding in a public venue, like any other athlete, when you do that you have to accept the fact that the whole World maybe watching, that they are going to have an opinion and more important that the whole World is entitled to have an opinion, right or wrong. That is the price of fame and being a public figure.

Right or wrong, this is a Country were freedom of speech is a basic principle. Is sad to see, people who disagree with her, making cheap personal attacks instead of giving their "intelligent" arguments about why they agree a disagree.