The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default The Official Willem Model thread: Let the ORDERING begin (pg 5)

For the sake of clarity, a new thread.

(Jumping about and dancing wildly) Ooooh, oooh, oooh!!!

Got an email from Doug today!! Prototype is READY!!!! He didn't have my street addy, and I *just* responded now at 6pm, so I'm guessing it won't leave IN until Monday.

Like friggin Christmas all over again.

This is where I formally ask for physical assistance from any NJ COTHer. As indicated above, I DON'T currently live in my own home. Add to that the amount of time I waste each day driving just to feed and clean my stalls. SO, (with a smile) Pat asks who:

A: has a garage, basement, or whatever, that can be utilized for recieveing, packing and shipping. (horses will come in thier own box which must then be boxed in a shipping box for saftey and labeling)

AND

B: is able to help perform aforementioned tasks.

Any one outside of NJ is also welcome to volunteer, but obviously if you don't live near me than you'd be on your own to perform said tasks. I would make all needed arrangements of taking orders for the horse, ordering needed boxes, and other such admin stuff that arises that you may not want to take on. Think, reflect, let me know.
    Last edited by Pat; Jan. 24, 2007 at 11:38 PM. Reason: add to title

hello pat where you been matey -- have asked what happen to our little custom built model

Oh, and...

When the model arrives it will be photographed for posterity and photos posted to my Webshots. Anyone who's COTH account allows for picture posting would be able then to put them here. hint, hint

Once I have the thing, we, or really Coreene, will be able to indicate any changes that will need to be made and then it goes back to the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Oh, and...

When the model arrives it will be photographed for posterity and photos posted to my Webshots. Anyone who's COTH account allows for picture posting would be able then to put them here. hint, hint

Once I have the thing, we, or really Coreene, will be able to indicate any changes that will need to be made and then it goes back to the factory.
    OH MEIN GOTT IN HIMMEL.

You know, when it first came up I got totally verklempt. And am verklempt again. I can't wait to see the prototype.

Remind me again what the minimum run is and I'll make sure that we get that many people to do it. I know that Willem's old trainer (and Oliver's current one), his vet and my little niece need their own. I can't remember though if the minimum is 100 or 500.

Dude. Excellent. Oh my God.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

wow! Just like Willem to wait until the holidays are over so he can have a holiday all to HIMSELF!!!!!!!!

can't wait cant wait cant wait!!!

Hip, Hip, Hooray!

I was wondering what happened to these. I'm still in for one- i'll get it for my daughter- yah sure of course it's for her it would So not be for me- i swear it's for her!
    Qualified Saddle Fitter with the S.M.S.
    www.ravenwoodaussies.com

I just wanna say something, if you'll please allow me a minute of Auld Lang Syne...

Whether people liked or hated the Willem character posting on COTH - and I know there were quite a few who hated it - for me it was a blast and the fun lives on. Canyonoak, now one of my dearest friends, I met because she was a Willem fan and wanted to send him cookies for his birthday one year (the year when he had Van Halen play at his birthday party, if I recall correctly). nhwr, who thank God lives in The OC, and I are dear friends because we met through Willem. Chester's Mom and I met through Willem. BBer feisomeday was walking through the stables in Huntington Beach one day and saw Willem and realized that not only was he a for real horse, he was the exact same in person as he was in writing. Etc., etc., etc., and I am sorry if I forgot to mention everyone but I'm a little verklempt. It's really overwhelming, ya know, a model of your horse. Your horse who was a $2500 rescue from a whacked person who said, and I shit you not, "If I can't find a non-jumping home I'm just going to put him down." At which point I pulled out the $$ and said "SOLD!!!"

To have a horse touch your own life is a blessing from above. To have a horse who, because of a crazy internet voice, got people to check their horses for Equine Cushings Syndrome, was an extra gift. To find out from BBer Merry that he was going to be on the cover of her book, which I found out just a few months after he died, was like something in a movie, something that only happens to other people.

And now a model. Wow.

Those who knew Willem will know what I mean when I say that I am the one who is well and truly moved by it, but at Willem is, I am sure, looking down fondly and saying to his friends, "Ja, we haff waited ein while fur this, but of course mein selve haffs ein model. I be famouse. This it be right."
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Great.... glad to hear.

Pat M'darlin...
    I have a lovely outbuilding office space we can use. Not heated, but surely sufficient if there are no other takers.
    Do not take anything to heart. Do not hanker after signs of progress. Founder of the Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

I'm in for one... And all verklempt - thanks Coreene!

And, yes, he lives on... The other day while unpacking, I came across a list of Willem quotes I had copied and printed out. I sat there reading them and laughing and crying all at the same time. Thank you for sharing him Coreene.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Which model body did they end up using? Were they able to use the newer model that looked like him since it took so long for them to get it together?

If you think *you're* verklempt... I may need assistance just to put the sucker back in the box and send it back to Indiana.

Two years ago I grabbed an unpainted Stone walking TB on the cheap thinking that it would be a great horse to portrait Lucky on. He's still in "primer" and will likely stay that way for a while more. I just can bring myself to commission the protrait even tho I've had the opportunity and the means.

THe body choosen was the ISH, and I asked for short tail and long mane. According to Doug the Erbel Warmblood will not be available for an SR for quite some time. They seem to plan on using it for thier own editions first. I saw a resin copy at Doug's room in the HIN during BF. I was nearly consumed by the thought of scooping and running!

How much room is needed to ship these, and does the "volunteer" need to foot the costs of the packing material? I have a spare room and a garage, and if it's not *too* overwhelming I might be able to help. ??Depends, though.
    "Wost Case Ontario..."

Quote Originally Posted by Penthilisea View Post
    Pat M'darlin...
    I have a lovely outbuilding office space we can use. Not heated, but surely sufficient if there are no other takers.
    Coolio. Oh, and sweetpea, you will be amused to learn that my 'kids' will be moving to the "Rev's" on the 15th. Yes, THAT "Rev". The little barn, not the big (grossly overpriced) one. And the (surely to be screwed up) plan for us is a house in P'burg.

<<According to Doug the Erbel Warmblood will not be available for an SR for quite some time. They seem to plan on using it for thier own editions first. I saw a resin copy at Doug's room in the HIN during BF. I was nearly consumed by the thought of scooping and running!>>

Ahem--do they have any IDEA how much free PR they could have if they allow the Erbel WB to be used for Willem?
    A horse already immortalized in various media?
    A horse already the first COTH BB Horse of the Year?
    A horse who has his own groupies?
    A horse who has done more for the cause of Cushing's research than all the other horses Ive ever known put together?

As opposed to some schlock model horse they will eventually decide upon?

Just let me know if a letter needs to be drafted to the company.

Quote Originally Posted by equusrocks View Post
    How much room is needed to ship these, and does the "volunteer" need to foot the costs of the packing material? I have a spare room and a garage, and if it's not *too* overwhelming I might be able to help. ??Depends, though.
    Honestly, not sure about the space requirements. I guess it would largely depend on the number ordered.

NO, the shipping costs, including the boxes and postage, will be added to the purchase price of the model. I have a neato catalog full of shipping supplies. I planned on using regular ole newspaper to fill the dead space between inner and outer boxes.

Pretty sure that the edition minimum will be 100 pieces.

Wahooo!!! Congrats, Pat, on getting it all together despite all adversity!!!

And, um, welcome to P-burg??

Alas, I am leaving for China in March, or would totally volunteer all space (and we DO have space - so if you are talking short term until you arrive in P'burg, consider me your next in line victim - heck I shipped out many, MANY Pony books - what's a few horse models?? ).

I DID say I would do a web-page for the model. Do you still require?? And now (if you check out my very own site www.sevenhundreddollarpony.com) I have the technology to do a page where people send in money for something. Even my husband was impressed.

So. Let me know what you need and I will help as I can. I have every expectation of being able to do internet stuff from China, but not storage, alas. I believe that in a country of 1+ billion people, storage is at a premium.

It's a bit late Canyon. But if Coreene is happy, I'm happy.

Please continue to keep us informed. I've felt for some time that Willem helps my dear Bodie through, and I'd love to have a model of him!
    RIP Bo, the real Appassionato
    5/5/84-7/12/08