The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

I got a plastic tree ornament with the 2 for $1 price tag on it.... Did not get the second ornament lol. And a used, cracked lint defuzzer thing, both from mil lol.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Belair View Post
    Umm Lex? Where exactly does batter fit in with grilled cheese?
    http://www.food.com/recipe/the-class...onsieur-234010
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

A giant purple sweatshirt with hand painted carousel horse. There were a lot of fake jewels (HUGE) on said horse's tack.

The sad part is that I recognized the thought process...purple is my fave color & I like horses, so why not?

When my sister and I were in junior high, a relative gave us matching hideous "equestrian theme" sweater vests for Christmas!

My grandma bought me a framed, embroidered horse one Christmas. She completely redeemed herself though, when she bought me a beautiful ceramic horse custom painted to look like my Belair. I still love it.

At a secret santa at work I got a "riding crop" that obviously had come from an "adult" store...very very odd!

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Try a bit of mayo on the cheese side.
    totally ot but in some pockets around here they call that dressed. I have lived hear all my life & will never forget the time I walked into a lunch counter down south & was asked if I wanted my grilled cheese dressed. I seriously asked dressed in what? And tomatos are good on them to especialy about July when they are right off the vine. YUM.
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

Worst present? Has to be when I asked for specific horse-related things, brushes and stuff, or money towards a new bridle, and got a steam iron. Ex Husband told me I could use it to iron my riding clothing and so that made it horse related.

Oh I got one...

My uncle works at the local prison. Low-security type. Anyway...apparently they have a ceramics shop, and you can custom-order things. Yep.

Three horses, a pinto, chestnut, and I think a gray, with THE creepiest eyes I've ever seen. I really can't describe how ugly it was...but hey, it accidentally broke on the move from IL to CA.

Back when we were first dating, my now husband mentioned that he was thinking of buying me a vacuum cleaner for Christmas. He said all his female friends thought it was a great idea. I told him they just wanted to pick him up on the rebound when I dumped his a$$. He got me jewelry instead.

Now, years of housewifing later, I'd love a new vacuum for Christmas.

6 members found this post helpful.

I was the typical horse crazy pre teen/teenager. I BEGGED my mom for tall boots for Christmas. At the time I was riding a family friend's horse in a dressage saddle fairly often and we really clicked. Family friend convinces my mom to get me western boots instead because they would be "more practical." I HATED them. I felt like an ingrate but there was NOTHING redeeming about them. The high heel and skinny toe area made my feet hurt and they were ugly. They were sort of a light $h!t brown out of faux leather with grey lowers. I ended up never wearing them. I have gifted myself tall boots several times as an adult now.
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here." ~ Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

I have a very horsey DH, so he gives wonderful horsey presents... However, whenever he strays from horsey things or jewelry it gets interesting. For instance, this year for my birthday he went to Sams Club to buy me some more or the running short I had bought there earlier and loved. They had ran out of running shorts and instead of leaving the freaking store he proceeded to buy me razors, cheap face moisturizer, short socks (not the kind you can wear with riding boots), ugly tank tops, and cheap bedroom slippers... All in bulk! I mean, who needs cheap bedroom slippers in bulk??
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
    Back when we were first dating, my now husband mentioned that he was thinking of buying me a vacuum cleaner for Christmas. He said all his female friends thought it was a great idea. I told him they just wanted to pick him up on the rebound when I dumped his a$$. He got me jewelry instead.

LOL, buy your own vacuum cleaner! that way you can get one that sucks in a good way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

One year when I was probably 12 or 13, my grandmother tried to get me something horsey related for Christmas. I opened several boxes of horse treats. Yes... I now had a year-long supply of a questionable brand of varying flavors: peppermint, apple, carrot, molasses, etc. Everyone else received things on their lists such as CDs, movies, gift cards to their favorite stores. The best part was, that neither my horse, nor any others in the barn, would eat the things. Oh well, she tried!

DH is pretty good...two years ago he went out on his own accord and bought me a pair of winter paddock boots. Unfortunately they didn't fit with my halfchaps and had to go back.

I was in Camden a couple weeks ago, and stopped by The Tack Room and picked myself up a new bit, a set of curb reins and a pair of winter leather riding gloves. When I got home that Sunday I handed him the bag and told him to get wrapping! He thought this was grand.

Also purchased at The Tack Room was a lovely Ariat vest and a new pair of halfchaps. My mom had to have emergency neck surgery () and is out of commission until the new year, so I called her up and asked if she wanted to pay me back for those two items since they were on my Christmas list anyway. She, too, was relieved and thought it was grand.

Merry Christmas to me!
    Last edited by eventerdiva; Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: left some pretty crucial words out...

I think I had this shirt! When I was about 8 years old....I liked it back then, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard Ridge View Post
    A large white t-shirt (I am not a size large) with a cheezy photo of three horse heads that says: "Let's Be Friends!"

From SIL. Who genuinely and sincerely dislikes me.

I have been horse mad since, well, birth. For some reason, most people don't even attempt to get me horse related gifts for Christmas.

The last few years, however, every time my mother sees something even remotely horse related at Goodwill, she buys it for me. Books, movies, pictures, etc. Problem? Most of them are for children, young children. I'm 44. I wish she had bought me this kind of stuff when I was young. Fortunately, the neighbors have a little girl that really loves it so most of it goes to her.

My youngest brother somehow got it in his head that sending me the Elmer style figurines was a great idea. God love him, but I am not really a trinket person and the figurines are actually quite...well...ugly. I appreciate the gesture in that he's trying to do something horsey for me and really don't have the heart to tell him to stop even though I email him other ideas...a nice scarf for example. LOL So now I have a collection of Elmers. I keep them in a box and I swear, if he ever visits me, I will whip them all out and display them prominently, but I am crossing my fingers that I won't get another one this year.

I'm a firm believer in that it's the thought that counts so I know he's really thinking of ME when he buys these.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    Last year DH gave me wool socks.... because we all know how comfy those are under field boots! I sent him a list, with links, this year.

This isn't an x-mas gift, however, I had to share. For my baby shower last Jan, my grandmother was all proud of herself for getting me something, since usually people just brought stuff for the baby (I thought that that was the point?). She hands me a beautifully wrapped present, declaring that it was the PERFECT thing to wear after delivery.

I unwrapped a size xxxL (I'm about 5'2 and 110 lbs) mu-mu type floor length nightgown. It had buttons from one end to the other. It had a VELVET AND LACE COLLAR. It was royal blue, with bright pink and red rose buds scattered about. It was made from some feed sack/wool blend that was super comfy. She completed the ensamble with rainbow toe socks and purple house slipper with grippies on the bottom. Thanks Grandma.

You betcha I had to wear it when she came to visit too!
    "WeeZie Jefferson, Is THAT you???"

I always get the "anything that has a horse on it" gifts as well. My grandmother bought me a vest with western horses on it. I think it was a child's medium... I have 34F boobs... I'm pretty sure not even one boob would have fit into it, even if it had been something that I would be caught dead in.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
    Hold out for a Tri Star - Best vacuum ever! It can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert