The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by murphyluv View Post
    oh yes the unavoidable horsie wear.
    My dad tries so hard, bless him, but once many years ago gave me a davinci horse (you know the drawing that davinci did) sweatshirt...I think it was an xL so I look like a...well I dont know swallowed up in that thing. and the horses *balls* are clearly in the picture, and being an XL were bigger than life practically. At the time, definitely not something a shy teenager was going to wear.

A few years ago, my (now ex) bf's mom made me these "shorts" out of this horrific horsey print. I originally thought, "hideous, but I could definitely wear these to bed". When I put them on and discovered they went past my knees and were reminiscent of shorts that a 15 year old boy would wear, I quickly thanked her and put them aside. I have no idea where they are now, and I don't care to find out!

This thread is priceless! (Unlike the gifts mentioned, which are worthless, lol.)

one x-mas my SO gave me maternity clothes. that was it just the maternity clothes and top it off he had shown them to me the week before.

Ya he was not in my good books for a long time.
    Are you going to cowboy up or lie there and BLEED?

it's not a horsey gift but was done in such a rude way that i have to mention it...

my MIL and FIL (of course, who else would do that right LOL), well they bought me a coffee maker. not a bad gift you say but it kinda is to someone who does not drink coffee (and of course they knew that for a long time...) so i said "wow nice coffee maker, too bad I don't like coffee huh !" (yes i was very pissy LOL) and their reply to that was even more rude "well we knew that but it's for us to use when we come visit..." I was flamming !!! Since then it's pretty much a gift for hubby that they wrap and put my name on, they know I won't get any use for it but that he will... Don't you love your in laws ?

From my dear husband...an intercom system connecting the barn (my safe, quiet, peaceful, inner sanctum) with the house (MOM!!!, when's dinner? I CAN'T do my homework!, have you seen my.....). They "broke" soon.

~ Adult Pony Riders' Clique ~

Quote Originally Posted by pony4me View Post
    From my dear husband...an intercom system connecting the barn (my safe, quiet, peaceful, inner sanctum) with the house (MOM!!!, when's dinner? I CAN'T do my homework!, have you seen my.....). They "broke" soon.

~ Adult Pony Riders' Clique ~
    hahahaha! luv it!

My worst Horsey Christmas present is that I NEVER get anything horsey. Kitchen stuff, ugly clothes, jewelry (and I don't wear jewelry) and stuff I never use.

I wish someone would just get me a Dover or Stae Line Tack gift card or something out of Back In The Saddle. I even leave the magazines in my husband's bathroom...but no...I get socks and PJs for CHristmas. Or flowers.
    "I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way."

My mom tried hard. One year she got me a crop with a decorative end that looked like a horse hoof. Unfortunately my horse was not the type that needed a crop and fool that I was I used it anyway for "discipline". Thank God it broke shortly.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

[quote=Bugs-n-Frodo;2053642]Sounds like a GREAT dog bed! (With a nice fleece blanket CRAFTILY thrown on top to hide the trout!) [quote]
    Um we have had one of those pillows for several years, but we thought it was a toy for the kid.
    The worst horsey present for me was not one but two pop-eyed prancing snorting horse picture t-shirts. No quite my style.

I really want to be able to add something besides sarcastic comments to this thread but I can't because I've never gotten gifts that were THAT bad!!!

I guess the worst would be the paint by number horse set I got last year from my secret Santa at work. I was 25. He also gave me a barrel of monkeys. But it wasn't that bad of a gift...I've actually played with the barrel of monkeys and look forward to painting the horse!
    ***Honorary Member of the "What is BOSS?" Cult...er...CLIQUE***
    ***Prominent Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'***
    CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen

Well, I have one that is not funny and not horsey. But since Christmas is coming up again, and we're all talking about it, I would be interested in what you guys would do with this.

A few years back, at the end of a very serious relationship that went suddenly and unexpectedly sour, my soon-to-be ex-BF gave me a VERY expensive watch. Here is how he did it. He called me and gave me his cc # and exp. date and told me to go online and buy it. He really wanted me to have it, but was too busy to do it himself. ???? At any rate, the danged watch is a Cartier and it cost a bundle.

Fast forward to today. I love the watch. In theory, at least. It's a wonderful watch. But I hate the whole situation surrounding it. I always think of it as my "booby prize" (no pun intended) or "parting gift." I think the guy felt very guilty for the very slimey thing he was doing, and this expensive watch made him feel better. In many ways, it made me feel worse. Definitely my worst Christmas gift ever.

AND, to keep it horse-related, I have nowhere to wear this watch anymore. King entered my life as the ex- exited. Now I live on a small farm with two horses and absolutely nowhere to wear this expensive watch.

So ... do I keep it and wear it occasionally and forget about the whole awful-ness of the thing ... send it back to the guy with a hateful note ... or sell it on ebay?

Hate the guy. Love the watch. What to do?

give it to me :P

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Sell the watch

Sell the watch... take the money, buy ANOTHER glorious item that you will actually use (splurge on a fancy saddle??) and enjoy it knowing that you're better off with your own self-determination and horse than with a sleezebag guy.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

1 members found this post helpful.

well they're not horsey, but.....

last year my aunt bought my brother Yak Trax (ok ok it wasn't MY worst present, but my family still laughs about this present a year later, so I had to metion it). For those of you who are unfortunately not familiar with this wonderful invention, yak traxs are these rubber things with metal (or something) on the bottom that you put on the bottom of your shoes. They are supposed to help you grip the ground when it's icey, but they go up over the sides of your shoes so you can see them.....and the ones my brother got were BRIGHT green. Maybe for someone who is into hiking and outdoors this would be a suitable gift, but for a typical frat guy...not so much.

My worst gift was from my dad. When he gave it to me he said "If you don't like it just let me know and I'll return it" but I couldn't bring myself to tell him the truth, I didn't want to hurt his feelings. But he bought me what can only be described as a zipper vest version of It, or the pink monstrosity. The whole thing is bright pink, the pockets are suede, with lots of pink faux fur all over the whole vest. My description does it no justice, you really have to see it to believe it.

King's Ransom -- E-Bay! Put it on E-bay, get a bundle of money and spend it on fun horsey stuff: a saddle, nice bridles, a bunch of shows, or custom boots. That way you get rid of it and have something you want!
    ***Honorary Member of the "What is BOSS?" Cult...er...CLIQUE***
    ***Prominent Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'***
    CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen

The worst gift ever? Oh my, I can't even tell you about that one. My friends said I was a good sport about it...

The 2 worst gifts I ever received were... a dust buster and a chia pet. Okay the dust buster was a sore point because I was a poor college student at the time and the large family decided to pick name for gifts- spend $40-50. I spent $50 for my aunt and my cousin who picked my name and who wasn't hurting for money spent $20 on me... and a dust buster? Couldn't she have though of anything more interesting???

The Chia pet was another gift exchange where you were *supposed* to spend over $25. Stupid Chia pets- and you know I really tried to make that thing work too. Funny thing is I told the story to my 8yo son not too long ago... "Be careful not to get on Santa's bad list... you might get coal... or a Chia pet" He thinks it's hilarious.

I honestly feel bad for my husband. My grandmother, who to say penny pinches is an understatement. One year she made the announcement that she couldn't spend a lot for christmas (she went on an Alaskan Cruise earlier that year and was saving up for her Ireland trip the next spring) Which that's good she's getting out going places etc etc. So she gets everyone simple but nice gifts- kids got toys, I got some very nice warm barn gloves and hat/scarf etc, sister gets a nice winter vest, hubby gets.... a pair of tube socks. One pair. Do they sell one pair anywhere??? I felt so bad for him

Quote Originally Posted by Annetta View Post
    The worst gift ever? Oh my, I can't even tell you about that one. My friends said I was a good sport about it...
    Do tell!!!!

My aunt gave me a tee shirt that I had to hold up and read and Xmas Eve dinner two years ago. It said

I do not need another horse

That had to be the worst dinner ever. They were all laughing and saying you really do not need another horse. Well I had not gotten a new horse in 6 years and my pony was on her last legs at 39. I am so gald I do not need to go to dinner this year as I just got a new horse 3 weeks ago LOL
    AilleXWest
    www.gypsystoychest.com Adult Toys and Home partys