The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Exclamation Code of Conduct Problems in the Dressage Team?

Have a look at Ken Braddick's article in the December issue of HorseSport USA at www.horsesportusa.com.

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Um, where? Is this a teaser? Is it to get me to pay to read it? Or is it out there for free? I didn't see anything out there that resembled the header on this subject.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

The article was toward the back of the magazine. (This has to be one of th e most annoying ways to read an online magazine I have every seen.)

I am disappointed in the apparent discord on the team.

While based on that article it appears that Morse was less than a team player at times, I don't know why she's being attacked for celebrating? Despite the fact that the score put her in the bottom half, a 64% isn't something that needs to be shoved under the carpet.

Well, amen to that story. And about bloody time as well.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

You know what, when i read this kind of story i want to slap all involved. There are a trillion people that would sell their soul to ride in an Olympic/World event why can't they just do the job, get along and be a bit humble.

How do you read this "story"?

Default Tigers

a tiger can not change it's stripes! or is that spots Oh Leslie, Leslie, Leslie, it must be hard. Kyra is such a solid human being, full of morals and principles. I would have thought more of that would have rubbed off. It is hard to be around Kyra and not come away a better person.
    "The well being of a horse should never be compromised for the ego of a human" dlg 06

http://qualitytack4sale.webs.com/

After reading the story I was left with a lot of unanswered questions. If you are going to write an attack against a very respected rider you should include more of the facts. All I got from the story was that Morse was arguing with a lot of people and training with Kyra K. instead of Klaus which is something she has been doing for years. We never found out what she was arguing? I felt like both sides of the story were not covered and that something was lacking. I am not saying that Morse was innocent. I just felt like I couldn't formulate any opinion from the article. Is it me or was the article written poorly?

Does anyone have the full story? The article only alludes to some dischord, and Leslie's "forceful" warmup. What really happened?

Coreene? You seem to have inside info... spill it please!

I was going to read it, but man, what an annoying site. I don't have anything to add except READ Debbie McDonalds new book. I just finished it, and it puts her slant on whats happening at the international level. Its not pretty. I would imagine the pressure has got to be enormous. Even amongst team mates.

How do you read this "story"?
    That Morse was fomenting discord and not a team player. That's how I read it. I'd like the "other side" as well.
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    After reading the story I was left with a lot of unanswered questions. If you are going to write an attack against a very respected rider you should include more of the facts. All I got from the story was that Morse was arguing with a lot of people and training with Kyra K. instead of Klaus which is something she has been doing for years. We never found out what she was arguing? I felt like both sides of the story were not covered and that something was lacking. I am not saying that Morse was innocent. I just felt like I couldn't formulate any opinion from the article. Is it me or was the article written poorly?
    I agree. This seems to be an article for those already in the know (i.e., in Wellington). Not to present an objective report of what happened so that the rest of us know what's going on with the team so that we can form reasonable opinions.
    www.moranequinephoto.com
    "If I am fool, it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom."
    Byron

It is very surprising that Mr. Braddick went out on a limb and wrote about the "one bad apple" on the US Team. If he would have gone into detail about the entire series of events, he would have to have written a book
    Seriously- I was there and it was not pretty. The code of conduct rules need to be modified, and the threats of "you will be hearing from my lawyer" need to be the first thing that gets you thrown off the team.

Can you elaborate a bit??
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

I'm not sure that it is a good idea to elaborate too much on this subject- I don't want to be accused of slander. I will say that public drunkeness, abusing your horse in the warm -up, and complete disrespect for your team coach and other team members should NEVER be tolerated- and I believe that USEF and the USET has taken the appropriate steps to ensure that this scenario does not happen again. There is no I in team as they say

Public drunkeness is not allowed? I'll be declining that invite to join the team. Dang!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

Default I have seen Lisa

I have seen Lisa Wilcox ride at many occassions, some of her rides are also on my website. During (for example) the Week of the Stallions at Zwolle Lisa was almost their every year. Inside and outside the ring I never noticed that she had a nasty behaviour. I have met much worser people in the 20 years I travelled with the dressage-circus. I have seen fysical fights between riders and judges, riders and trainers etc...
    Lisa was never part of this.

But maybe she is changed the last few years.

I also want to stipulate that the dressage-sport is not a team-sport and will never become a teamsport. Offcourse you go and watch your team-mates ride, but..... you always hope she or he does worse than you do. It's not nice to be the scratch result and having to go home after just one ride !

Theo

Theo, I believe they are referring to another American rider, Leslie Morse, who was on the US team for the WEG, definitely not Lisa Wilcox.
    Last edited by tarragon; Dec. 9, 2006 at 02:34 PM.

Definitely not Ms. Wilcox, who is absolutely lovely.